• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Last Man Standing: The More, The Merrier?

Little Jerry Lawler

Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids
The opening minutes of No Mercy 2007 saw Orton awarded the WWE Title because John Cena was out with an injury. HHH came out and challenged Orton and won the title and had to defend it against Umaga in their reguarly scheduled match and won. Then, Orton used his rematch clause and beat HHH for the title in a Last Man Standing match. Most didn't like the series of events and over the years, I've read many different routes that they could have went. One I haven't seen discussed is why not have had Orton, HHH, and Umaga compete in a Triple Threat LMS match? It would have been fun and interesting to see. The only real difference is that you would have needed a second referee because if the ref is counting one guy, both guys could be fighting far away. Would Orton and HHH have teamed up to take out Umaga first? Would Umaga stand back and let Orton and HHH take each other out and pick up the scraps?

Would you have liked to have seen a Triple Threat LMS match at No Mercy?

Do you think there will be one in the future or will they just stick to two competitors?

a triple threat last man standing would of been awesome but what made no mercy such a good ppv was that the two HHH vs Orton matches were extras. HHH vs Umaga had a good back story so there was no need to add in orton plus having orton cash in his rematch in a last man standing made you hate orton even more as HHH had already fought two hard matches.

i do believe we will have triple threat one in the furture maybe this year when del rio returns? He was in first triple threat HITC & TLC so why not last man standing as well.

A Triple Threat LMS match would be a cool thing to see, working on an elimination basis.

Agreed, it wouldn't of quite worked out on the night and maybe it could be used in future to pump a buyrate perhaps, if this WWE wants to try something new some day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back