Larry Zbyszko Shoots On Chris Jericho

CuddleBuns84

The Wrestling Sex Machine
Well, I saw the YouTube video, and I do believe he had his family in the room, and well, He had some harsh words for Jericho. Very Harsh!

Quite intense I thought, Larry had some strong comments, some, maybe all I don't agree with.

What are your guys thought on the new video that just popped open. Thought it would be good to get everyone on board.

Cheers

I found it funny, haven't read the book yet, so I don't kno what Jericho said, or what the problem between the two was, but if the comments from Jericho were unwarranted, than I can see why Larry seemed so upset about it.

Larry Zybsko has always been up his own asshole. His response was just threats, mixed with the word "fuck" after every three words. He claimed Jericho is 5"2 when Chris is actually 6"0, or at least 5"9. Then he claimed, Jericho can't draw?

Larry Zybsko never really drew in his AWA tenure. Go back and watch his matches with Bruno the dude couldn't sell out an arena. His biggest accomplishment is winning the AWA World Heavyweight Championship.

Larry isn't even that known. Half of the people on this forum will not know who Larry is, and if they do It'll because of his time in TNA. Not for what hes done in his wrestling career.

This all stems back to the dispute over the nickname, "The Living Legend". Larry did himself no favours there.

Ok, I remember Larry vaguely as a wrestler...nothing special. When he was in WCW, he had an ok comeback for a while. If memory serves, he even won the TV title.

ESPN classic still airs old AWA matches and Larry Zbysko is truly laughable back then. He came out like and acted like a movie star. Zbysko couldn't draw for shit...that is why Vince never wanted him. Jericho draws and can make any opponent look good in the ring.

I was a fan of Larry's work as an announcer. I can't deny it. He was pretty good. He had that heel mentality which was a nice compliment to Tony Shivoni.

I do not think Larry would ever have a snowballs chance in hell beating up Chris Jericho...that made me chuckle.

The only good part of that video was the brunette chick sitting at the table. I wish it would have showed her more. HUGE CANS! HUGE! I wish she would have just spilled em' right there.

A few things come to mind.....

1. Larry Zbysko doing that "who" shtick was pretty lame. Then, immediately going into the "short" comment obvious indicated that he knows who he is/was. Dumb.

2. Larry does, did and always has sucked as an commentator.

3. Larry is only listed at 5'10".

4. Larry might stretch Jericho. Perhaps. Regardless, Jericho didn't challenge him to a fight. So.... who cares?

5. He slightly rags on "entertainers" while a friend/family members is wearing the entertainer poster-child John Cena's shirt.

6. I haven't read the book, so I don't know all that was said. However, it does seem out of left field. Regardless, this all seems silly.

Completely ridiculous, IMO. Especially the camera guy. He's trying to egg on an old man for his own amusement. It's like, what are you trying to prove? It only makes Zbysko look drunk and pathetic.

I read the book and there was only a little blurb about Zbysko, and nothing that I saw as being untrue. The video posted just pretty much proves the point in the book. :shrug:

Well, I've found that we should of got to know the girl more in to tank top. Good point drewpost.

I thought the video was awkward, especially when Larry started cussing around his family it looked like. Really strange.

Then I thought the whole, Well he only won a champion because the boss's son-in-law blew out his quad. I thought he was delusional! I mean, it took 4 months till he even got belt around his waist. Then he had the great defeating of the Rock and Stone Cold in one night. I never saw Larry do that.

Very weird, I mean, he didn't even know what he wrote, and he got that upset. My theory. He was one of those guys who didn't what Jericho around, and help get him the boot. Then Larry 2 years later was out of a job.

@blush I thought the cameraman was def egging Larry on trying to start crap. Especially with the gay subject even tho Larry didn't really bite on that one.

This isn't out of left field.

Jericho doesn't like Zybsko because during 2001, Jericho wanted to be known as "The Living Legend" and used the nickname for a couple weeks. "The Living Legend" is supposedly trademarked by Larry Zbysko, and Larry both attempted to sue Vince McMahon, which in-turn would send a bit of a negative light onto Y2J, and Zybsko challenged Vince to a fight. Saying, "Entertainers suck!"

Larry hates Vince because when AWA had its like, two month of being known as one of the best, Vince came in and took a shit on the AWA and wrestling as a whole and he never wanted Zybsko.

This is all stemming back to that.

How many times do former wrestlers well past their prime, who have long since exited the limelight, fan fare & big stages of the world of wrestling, stand in front of a camera and basically shoot on the current product, stars or something that has to do with the business? You're right, often. But how many times do you ask yourself, "why is ___ even talking? Who cares about his opinion anymore anyway? And goodness, doesn't this guy come across completely jealous?" Yep, me too. So with that said, Larry "The Living Legend Zybszko decided to have someone stand in front of him with a camera and answer questions in regards to Chris Jericho mentioning him in his book. Thing is, from what I gathered, Chris Jericho said that Larry was the worst commentator in this history of the business. Maybe he's right, maybe he's not (David Crockett comes to mind 1st IMO). But that's beyond the point.

The whole interview (which is on youtube for those who haven't seen it yet) is basically this guy behind the camera egging Larry into a verbal stap with Jericho, even trying to get Zbyszko into questioning Jericho's sexuality (how mauture). And then, one of the silliest moments came from a man who was sitting in Larry's kitchen (I suppose it was his house) and started talking about Jericho even though he's a grown man wearing a John Cena purple Fruit Pebbles shirt!!! I mean, any MAN who sits around the house RANDOMLY wearing a John Cena shirt should NEVER open his mouth again, so that disqualifies this clown right away.

So the guy with the camera asks Larry how long would it take him to beat up Chris in a real fight, to which he answered "five seconds". But what's really interesting, and what poses the question "why do so many former stars always rip into current stars" is when Larry started calling Jericho names. Look, Chris Jericho is a megastar. While Larry Zbyszko won the AWA World Title (when it wasn't worth the tin it was made from AND he was married to the boss' daughter, ah-um, HHH), Jericho's done it all. He was main eventing WrestleMania's while Zbyszko was filing unemployment from the crumble of WCW. Chris Jericho has does it ALL. Period point blank. Larry called him an "entertainer", you're right Larry. He entertained a lot of people. What did you do? Crack Bruno over the head with a chair? And his "friend" said Larry drew more from the Shea Staduim match with Bruno that what Chris ever did (NOT a direct quote but that was the point he was trying to make". So let me ask you, is Larry jealous over Chris Jericho's success or does he have a point? Is Jericho overrated or was Zbyszko completely out of bounds? Should former wrestlers give props to the newer guys (although Jericho isn't new) and what does that say about Larry that his FRIEND who was standing up for him was wearing a JOHN CENA shirt when Cena is an even bigger star (to some degree) than Chris Jericho? Jealous or does he have a point? You decide...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back