Larry King's Biggest Screw-Up?

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
HBO is about to release a documentary on Roman Polanski. Last night, Larry King Live, capitalizing on this, interviewed the sister of Sharon Tate, who was married to Polanski and murdered by Charles Manson.

What ensued was quite possibly one of the biggest screw-ups, if not THE biggest screw-up of Larry King's career. It's time for him to hang it up and enjoy retirement. Anderson Cooper is more than ready to step in for him and end the circus. Larry has admitted he doesn't do any show prep, but still, to not have your facts straight on something like this is mindboggling. I don't know if he's senile, or if he really doesn't care.

KING: Joining Lawrence Silver with us now is Debra Tate, Roman Polanski's former sister in law, the sister of the late Sharon Tate. On a persona note, I knew Sharon Tate. I had interviewed her a couple of months before her tragic murder. What do you want to see happen?

DEBRA TATE, FMR. SISTER IN LAW OF ROMAN POLANSKI: I would like to see this whole thing go away. I think that there has been a lot of time that has passed and we need to bring it to an end.

KING: Have you ever talked to Roman Polanski?

TATE: I have.

KING: How can you have a civil conversation with someone who so brutally murdered your sister?

TATE: Roman didn't murder my sister.

KING: I'm sorry. When the fact that he would have this terrible thing happen to him after the death of your sister, to once again focus you into the public light. That's what I meant.

Not that big a deal. Larry King doesn't need to be a serious journalist, he just has a soothing voice that belongs on my fucking TV. I don't give a fuck if he's a hundred and eleven.

But yeah, sometimes you forget things like that momentarily when you get older. Sucks growing old.

Just sounds like a mental slip-up to me on accident. There's NO CHANCE that Larry King didn't know Manson's family killed Tate and that Polanski was Tate's husband, not her killer.

Every time I see Larry King standing up, I mark out. Dude's still got it.

I saw Larry King on Mike & Mike in the Morning a few months ago, and I was shocked at how well spoken and intelligent he came off. Completely different than the King we see on CNN. I guess he works better on the fly, or he just loves to talk about sports, himself, and his family way more so than other people's affairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back