Lari's Musings: How would you setup the Current WWE SuperStars?

L@RISANO

R.I.P Mustang Sally :( :( :(
Current WWE Roster
  • Alexander Rusev
  • Alberto Del Rio
  • Bad News Barrett
  • Batista
  • Big E
  • Big Show
  • Billy Gunn
  • Bray Wyatt
  • Brock Lesnar
  • Brodus Clay
  • Camacho
  • Cesaro
  • Christian
  • CM Punk
  • Cody Rhodes
  • Curt Hawkins
  • Curtis Axel
  • Damien Sandow
  • Daniel Bryan
  • Darren Young
  • David Otunga
  • Dean Ambrose
  • Diego
  • Dolph Ziggler
  • Drew McIntyre
  • the Rock
  • Erick Rowan
  • Evan Bourne
  • Ezekiel Jackson
  • Fandango
  • Fernando
  • Goldust
  • the Great Khali
  • Heath Slater
  • Hornswoggle
  • Hunico
  • Sin Cara
  • Jack Swagger
  • Jason Albert
  • Jey Uso
  • Jimmy Uso
  • Jinder Mahal
  • John Cena
  • JTG
  • Justin Gabriel
  • Kane
  • Kofi Kingston
  • Luke Harper
  • Mark Henry
  • the Miz
  • R-Truth
  • Randy Orton
  • Rey Mysterio
  • Ricardo Rodriguez
  • Road Dogg
  • Roman Reigns
  • Ryback
  • Santino Marella
  • Seth Rollins
  • Sheamus
  • Titus O'Neil
  • Triple H
  • Tyson Kidd
  • the Undertaker
  • Xavier Woods
  • Yoshi Tatsu
  • Zack Ryder

After reading the thread about the WWE title unification and how it shouldn't have been done because some of the UpperCard Superstars are in limbo and thus, the titles need to be returned to being 2 instead of 1.

I have been thinking...
Being an avid TEW Gamer(Best Booker in the World ;) ), I thought about how I would setup the Roster in terms of Levels and what Level of Superstar challenges for which titles like the setup in the game has it.

Bear in mind that such a setup is a huge help in setting Grudge and Title Feuds, but in reality, other factors such what a Superstar wants to be doing and how they believe they should be pushed can prove to be a problem for such a setup to run smoothly.

So, Here Goes:

My "LEVELS" for the Roster are:

• Main Eventers (WWE WHC title)
  • Upper- MidCarders (WWE WHC & IC titles)
  • Lower- MidCarders (IC & US titles)
  • Jobbers/ Enhancement Talents
  • Semi-Active Wrestlers

*Tag Team titles should be a "Floating" title.

My Current Roster Hierarchy would be:

• MAIN EVENTERS:
  • Batista; Daniel Bryan; John Cena; Randy Orton; Sheamus
  • UPPER-MIDCARDERS:
  • Alberto Del Rio; the Big Show; Bray Wyatt; Christian; Dean Ambrose; Kane; Mark Henry; Roman Reigns; Seth Rollins
  • LOWER-MIDCARDERS:
  • Alexander Rusev; Bad News Barrett; Big E; Cesaro; Cody Rhodes; Curtis Axel; Damien Sandow; Dolph Ziggler; Erick Rowan; Fandango; Goldust; Jack Swagger; Jey Uso; Jimmy Uso; Kofi Kingston; Luke Harper; the Miz; R-Truth; Rey Mysterio; Ryback
  • JOBBERS:
  • Brodus Clay; Darren Young; Diego; Drew McIntyre; Fernando; the Great Khali; Heath Slater; Justin Gabriel; Sin Cara; Jinder Mahal; Santino Marella; Titus O'Neil; Tyson Kidd; Xavier Woods; Yoshi Tatsu; Zack Ryder

• SEMI-ACTIVE WRESTLERS:
  • Billy Gunn; Brock Lesnar; the Rock; Road Dogg; Triple H; the Undertaker

That done;

Do you guys think such a setup would help enhance the Storylines and help the Prestige of the MidCard titles especially, all the while making sure that as many Superstars as possible have some sort of direction?

How would you guys setup the Roster?

Do you mean that there should be some sort of official classification system? I don`t think that would work, because of the limitations that it could set and the blurred lines between the different tiers. You have their placings right for the most part in terms of their current position in the company though.

My question coming out of that thread you`re referring to was, is there enough talent to bring back the brand split effectively? I think so.

Between Main Eventers and Midcarders the break up could look something like this:

RAW - Bryan, Orton, Batista, The Shield, Kane, Henry, Ryback, Axel, Kingston, Rhodes, Goldust, Miz, R-Truth, Fandango, Rusev

SD - Cena, Sheamus, Wyatt Family, Show, ADR, Christian, Langston, Cesaro, Swagger, Mysterio, Ziggler, Barrett, Sandow, Usos

RAW could take the Divas division to promote the Total Divas show, tag titles could be an inter-promotional title and SD could re-introduce the Cruiserweight division with Mysterio, Sin Cara, Kidd, Woods, Tatsu, Ryder, Gabriel and the eventual debuts of guys like Neville and Zayn.

Do you mean that there should be some sort of official classification system? I don`t think that would work, because of the limitations that it could set and the blurred lines between the different tiers. You have their placings right for the most part in terms of their current position in the company though.

My question coming out of that thread you`re referring to was, is there enough talent to bring back the brand split effectively? I think so.

Between Main Eventers and Midcarders the break up could look something like this:

RAW - Bryan, Orton, Batista, The Shield, Kane, Henry, Ryback, Axel, Kingston, Rhodes, Goldust, Miz, R-Truth, Fandango, Rusev

SD - Cena, Sheamus, Wyatt Family, Show, ADR, Christian, Langston, Cesaro, Swagger, Mysterio, Ziggler, Barrett, Sandow, Usos

RAW could take the Divas division to promote the Total Divas show, tag titles could be an inter-promotional title and SD could re-introduce the Cruiserweight division with Mysterio, Sin Cara, Kidd, Woods, Tatsu, Ryder, Gabriel and the eventual debuts of guys like Neville and Zayn.

It wouldnt be a rigid classification system, in the sense, that the fans would deifinitely have a list at hand telling them who is at what level...but it would be a good way to know where certain Superstars stand in terms of what role they play, and what titles they go after.
EG: Last RAW, we had Sandow(latest MitB), jobbing to Sin Cara....in such a system, puzzling stuff like that would never happen and shouldn't be happening to guys like Sandow who have an obvious upside.

There are loads of inconsistencies in booking the Midcarders especially, and that,lMO, means that the status quo remains the same with definite Stars hard to build up properly.

Guys like Del Rio and Sheamus, who have struggled to connect with fans should be mainly in the IC title challenge and only be fill-ins for the Main Event, and be used as Stepping stones for other new and fresh guys to get over and do what the aformentioned Del Rio and Sheamus couldn't,lMO.

Could the Brand Split happen again:
Well, I do do it on my TEW Game... ;)

Seriously, if the up and comers, like the Shield, Wyatts, Cesaro, etc... are built up properly and can connect with the crowds in some fashion, thus increasing the number of guys in the Main Event scene, then I say, why not do the Brand Split again at some point down the line?

As for the titles:
WWE, IC, Divas titles on RAW
WHC, US on SmackDown(Adding the Cruiserweight might work)

Tag Team and a Television(Defended Every RAW & SD) title would be Inter-Promotional.

Cheers.

Cool concept.

One of the hallmarks of my card separation is that the midcard titles would have to mean something, so that being am upper-midcarder would be nothing to sneeze at.

Main eventers: Cena, Punk, Bryan - oh Christ, that's about all the main eventers I care about. Uh... Throw in heel Batista, nuclear heel Orton and have Wyatt and Reigns ready to step up.

Upper midcard: Cesaro, the Shield, the Wyatts, Ziggler, babyface Ryback, Sandow, Del-Rio, Christian, Kingston, Rhodes brothers, Usos, and Miz, I guess.

Lower midcard: Big E, Mysterio, Santino... Basically, who's there now, minus who I've designated to be in the upper.

Part-timers: Who we currently have, minus the New Age Outlaws in any capacity, (Road Dogg has been threatening to undo all my love for him over the years) plus Van Dam and Jericho. And maybe zombie Benoit for all our Walking Dead loving friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back