Lana Is Getting Another Shot

It made perfect sense. In fact it was written in crayon on tv for all to see. Lana stuck her HEEL nose in a segment that had nothing to do with her asking to be in the MitB match. McMahon denies the request. Lana further talked HEEL trash to the champion. Lana, in her HEEL hubris says she can beat Naomi and Naomi being hotheaded and having nothing to do wants to fight Lana for what she did and said and is willing to put her title on the line. McMahon says she doesn't have to do it but agrees to it.

This was all very simple logical storytelling. If you didn't like it, that is fine but don't make it out to be something it is not.

Getting a champ to put their title on the line is earning a title shot. It's as much earning a title shot as being the one who can climb a ladder and grab a briefcase.
Do you remember why Money In The Bank match was actually set up for the women? To choose the No. 1 contender since The Welcoming Committee interfered in Charlotte's title match against Naomi. And then someone who hasn't even had a television debut match is made the No. 1 contender. I don't see any sense in that.

Do you remember why Money In The Bank match was actually set up for the women? To choose the No. 1 contender since The Welcoming Committee interfered in Charlotte's title match against Naomi. And then someone who hasn't even had a television debut match is made the No. 1 contender. I don't see any sense in that.

#1 contender is abstract. It does not mean that you get the next title shot. Getting a title shot does not mean that you are the #1 contender. Winning a case does not make you the #1 contender.

There are many ways to get to the title. Even boxing and MMA (real sports) don't go by some linear order to have title bouts. This isn't new to professional wrestling. Why are you holding the women up to a standard that the men have not lived by for as long as I can remember?

#1 contender is abstract. It does not mean that you get the next title shot. Getting a title shot does not mean that you are the #1 contender. Winning a case does not make you the #1 contender.

There are many ways to get to the title. Even boxing and MMA (real sports) don't go by some linear order to have title bouts. This isn't new to professional wrestling. Why are you holding the women up to a standard that the men have not lived by for as long as I can remember?
Really? I'm not saying sarcastically. Actually asking?

I always thought that the No. 1 contender will get the next title shot. Or whoever gets the next title shot is the new No. 1 contender.

I know that winning MITB briefcase won't make you the No. 1 contender. But that's the story told on Smackdown. And I didn't like it. Just like I didn't like someone getting a title match before even debuting on TV.

Really? I'm not saying sarcastically. Actually asking?

I always thought that the No. 1 contender will get the next title shot. Or whoever gets the next title shot is the new No. 1 contender.

I know that winning MITB briefcase won't make you the No. 1 contender. But that's the story told on Smackdown. And I didn't like it. Just like I didn't like someone getting a title match before even debuting on TV.

I'm not sure why this bothers you. WWE has done things that sound screwed up for years with the title matches they book. This one at least had some story and build.

How did you feel this week with Heath Slater getting an IC title match? While he is clearly not debuting in ring I don't see anything in his recent wins and losses that makes him any more deserving than Lana.

I'm not sure why this bothers you. WWE has done things that sound screwed up for years with the title matches they book. This one at least had some story and build.

How did you feel this week with Heath Slater getting an IC title match? While he is clearly not debuting in ring I don't see anything in his recent wins and losses that makes him any more deserving than Lana.
Almost same about Heath Slater. But at least we have seen him perform before. Lana hadn't even had a debut singles match before getting the title shot. It's not about deserving either. Even if someone I love as wrestler would've been in place of Lana, I wouldn't have liked it either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back