Kurt Angle talks about WWE

RKO Evolution

Dark Match Winner
Was posted on wrestlezone.com
Kurt Angle was on 106.7 here in Washington last night. It was a very good show and you can listen to it at wjfk.com

Listen the interview first!

One of my favorite wrestlers of all time. You can't hate the man even when he left from WWE. Kurt Angle sounds like a class act in this interview and gives his opinion about WWE and TNA. I just can't understand what the f**k did Vince think when he let him go? Kurt said that he said to Vince that he should have less matches or none and Vince said all or nothing. Now Kurt is in TNA, damn.

This got me thinking, is the WWE pushing too much out of wrestlers? Every wrestler is still human and we've seen so many wrestlers move from WWE to TNA and so on, just to get little more rest and time with their families. WWE should slow their pace just a little and make few less PPV. Opinions?

I'll try to find the interview by Roddy Piper back in 2003 when he was on Bob Costas' show I believe. Essentiallly he says the same thing that Angle does. It was very heartfelt and emotional. He says that the WWE uses the guys for as long as they can, running them dry, then spitting them out, movign on to the next guy. It was a response to the still dominant question of today, why do wrestlers die so young?

Of course the WWE would go onto fire Piper in 2003, then subsequently bury him, and say that Piper was "Just in a low point of his life when he said it". Um no, Piper showed people there was a man behind the curtain, and to quit looking at the shiny head of the Wizard. They brushed it aside then, and they brush that question around now.

Kurt Angle did what was best for himself. I agree, running house shows at this point for the WWE is just ridiculous and over kill to these guys. they wonder why they pop somas like candy, because they have to just to walk into work the next day, or risk losing their push, and the money that comes with said push.

The WWE is a souless, thoughtless machine that is workign off of an old territorial mind frame. They have no competition, so instead of holding back shows, they over expose themselves to try and drain every last dollar they can, when they should be cutting shows back and increasing the demand for their product.

Kurt Angle did the right thing. Triple H was politicking backstage, hmmm sounds familiar, why does that come up in every post because it's true. He said Angle didn't know how to work as a heel, didn't know how to be a champion, blah blah blah. The fact of the matter is, Kurt Angle is more respected by the veterans of this business then Triple H. Kurt Angle, if he wanted to shoot, could probably break every bone in Triple H's body once he gets on the mat. Kurt Angle makes Triple H look bad time and time again when they get in the ring and Triple H's ego is what ran Kurt Angle out of the WWE.

I agree w/ your points about pushing the wrestlers too much and and using them until they have nothing left, BUT......These guys know what they're getting into when they come in the business. I'm pretty sure the contracts that they sign indicate their schedule some sort of way. You can't blame WWE or McMahon for these guys not looking ahead into their futures, or looking at the past at some of the wrestlers who have passed, or left to WCW. If you don't know the history it will repeat itself.

... Triple H is not the only one with a big ego. Kurt Angle has a huge ego as well which it's now being said Angle is seen as the Triple H of TNA and Angle's power in TNA is preventing RVD from joining TNA. Just like Trips, Angle wants the entire world and things to revolve around him which is why he immediately became the top star in TNA. Funny thing is how many stars started to want to leave TNA since Angle came in such as the under carders, BJ James, Kip James, Team 3D, Konan & Killings (which they both quit), Austin Aries (which he left recently).

But I agree that Angle did the right thing leaving the WWE. Obviously the WWE wasn't for Angle if he had to drug himself and snap & keep getting suspended. If you can't make it in the WWE, then leave instead of losing it for your own good. We all have choices and Angle made his which despite how much I hated Angle for his ego in interviews after debuting in TNA, I respect him for his choices and why he feels the way he does.

I think Kurt did the right thing leaving WWE, but didnt he say he was leaving because he wanted to rest up? so why did he go to TNA no more than a week or two after leaving WWE?

Vince should have never let Kurt go! It was a stupid move, I would pick Kurt over Trip any day as he is a better overall wrestler.

He had just gone to ECW and I think he would have had a good time there.

On TNA he seems to be going abit crazy with power. He's a big fish in a small pond, which is a shame

^^ because Kurt Angle threatened Vince McMahon he would commit suicide if Vince didn't let him go, seriously. Well, Hulk Hogan said that on the Bubba The Love Sponge show and Angle never denied it (he went on their show weekly). Very ironic of Kurt Angle, don't you think? His problem in ECW was he wanted power like he currently does in TNA. The ECW originals didn't like Kurt Angle for telling them how to perform and giving advice due to they have been wrestling & more experienced than Angle is. Kurt was snapping backstage and was all about himself instead of helping a brand grow but oh well. He got all that he wants now so I hope his ego is happy now....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back