• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kurt Angle: On Borrowed Time

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
With Kurt Angle making his return this week at the ECW taping does anyone think it's time for him to retire?

Angle has only been on the main WWE roster for six years but in that time he has done it all. Most people know that Kurt has had problems with his neck over the years but he continues to wrestle even when hurt (and he still has the best matches). Personally I would like to see him retire, I dont want to see him continue wrestling and end up in a wheelchair like the Dynamite Kid. Kurt Angle has done everything in his few years as a pro wrestler, he no longer has anything to prove he's a living legend.

Does anyone agree?

Well, Kurt Angle is one of my favorite wrestlers. I do not think there's a wrestler now that can beat him. For selfish reasons I'd like him to continue wrestling however, I don't want to see Kurt injured for life.

As far as Kurt done it all and has nothing left to prove. HHH done it all as well, so has HBK, Ric Flair etc and they're still wrestling.

I'm sure Kurt will know when it's time to retire. Look at Ric Flair! he broke his back and had severe back problems for years and he's still wrestling.

Geez, when you said "borrowed time," I thought you were implying that Kurt Angle will die soon....

Most professional athletes, including professional wrestlers, usually leave the sport with some sort of permanent physical disability. Some were able to retire before it got to that point, but most ended up being crippled or semi-crippled. Kurt Angle is not unlike the other top athlete in other sports in that he is willing to sacrifice his body and his health in order to be known as the very best in the business. If it’s up to Angle, I don’t really see him retiring any time soon. If he does retire, it’s going to be because the WWE forces him to.

Y 2 Jake said:
With Kurt Angle making his return this week at the ECW taping does anyone think it's time for him to retire?

Angle has only been on the main WWE roster for six years but in that time he has done it all. Most people know that Kurt has had problems with his neck over the years but he continues to wrestle even when hurt (and he still has the best matches). Personally I would like to see him retire, I dont want to see him continue wrestling and end up in a wheelchair like the Dynamite Kid. Kurt Angle has done everything in his few years as a pro wrestler, he no longer has anything to prove he's a living legend.

Does anyone agree?
I'm not going to take any sides on whether he should retire or not, but personally Kurt Angle can do what he wants to do. He's only human. He has had great success during his career and hes one of the best wrestlers today, if not the best at what he does.

So with that if he wants to go out and perform, then let him perform and put on a great match. He's taking the risk in going out to the ring and performing knowing he has neck problems, so if he ended in a wheel chair he has no one to blame except for himself. Although no one wants to see him in a wheel chair, but it could possibly happen, because he loves performing for the fans. We just have to respect his decisions whether it be to continue his wrestling career or retire.

I think that latley, angles really focused on mat wrestling only so i think if he continues to digress from any high risk, i think he will be okay. If he has a big injury to his neck however , then i think he should retire

ok i don't wanna see angle end up in a wheelchair....but he is still not considered the top 5 ever in terms of legends despite his ability

Hogan, bret hart, hhh, rock, stone cold, undertaker....they are all bigger than him

so he has to have way more championship reigns!!!!! i hate wwe's new talent, i'd rather c the dying breed of 2001.....austin, rock, angle, benoit, taker, kane, hhh, shane, big show etc....the longer he stays the better

I doubt Angle will want to leave, look at Benoit,one bad move and his neck will be done for but he still competes. (Iknow he's out on sabbatical)

i hope he dont get injured but then again i hope he doesnt retire either

I dont want him to retire but also I too dont want to see him with a permanent broken neck. I have alot of respect for him since he's willing to risk it all just to entertain his fans. He is a great wrestler in the ring. Again I dont want him to retire but if he has to he has to...

I know i liked it too. In that moonsault though, he actually landed on his head not on his feet or chest. And Benoit did a diving headbutt off the top of it.

I read a while ago in an interwiew (Powerslam i think..) That Kurt only has 50% power in his left arm!! It's actually quite amazing that he is still wreslting!
However when it is time to go i believe that he will have to dragged kicking and screaming from the WWE , Lets hope that happens before he seriously injures him self.More so.

I must agree with the first post. I am a huge fan of Kurt Angle great match after great match and very few bad ones.It is such a pleasure to watch him perform in the ring. In terms of in ring ablity I would him put second only to Bret Hart.However,the guy is clearly badly beaten up and I hope he retires before he injures himself any more serouisly. Because the more the injuries take thier toll his matches and performance will also suffer. I want to remember him as he has been up to this point not as someone who went on for too long.:wwf:

Kurt Angle shouldn't retire yet he still has like 5 or 10 more years in him. What he should do is leave ECW and come back to SmackDown cuz SmackDown needs help and Kurt deserves to be the World HeavyWeight Champion.

Yeah Kurt does desrerve to be champion, but you can't say that he has 5 to 10 years left because he is definetly hurt and nobody wants to see him hurt his neck. I think he'll know when to call it quits.

I think Angle should have one more solid title run before retiring.I think fueds with Batista,Edge maybe DX would help cap what has been an amazing wwe carrier.I actually was scared for kurt when he was shoved in ecw.With his neck problems,the last thing he needs is to be hardcore matches everynight.
I think guys should retire while they're still relitavely in their prime,not being streched-out after getting themselves permanetly injured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back