KoRn

justinsayne

Cody Rhodes is an excellant
Korn has a new album coming out on 7/31, So I figured it was time to create a Thread specifically for them, so go ahead and talk about anything Korn related in here

Pesonnaly I can't wait to hear the new album, they already have put up a few of the songs on there site and MySpace page, and from what I've heard I like, Korn has always been one of my top favorite bands, they are also probably one of the best live bands I've ever seen, I would love to go see them one Family Values this summer but I don't think it's going to happen, because I can't get a group of friends together to go with, and gas prices are just to much for me to go buy myself (that combined with the cost of a hotel, food, and the ticket really add up quick), anyway that's all I got for now, can't wait for the new album, and here is a link to their Myspace page where you can hear some of their new stuff

http://myspace.com/korn

Personally, I despise Korn with all of my soul. They're on par with Limp Bizkit in my book in terms of music quality---absolute and utter shite.

Just my opinion though, I used to love 'em when I was a teen. Then I discovered other music and found out how incredibly horrible of a band Korn was.

Once again though, just my opinion on the matter.

I liked...korn...but i cant stand to listen to anything post Follow the leader...Issue's is ok....but not great and anything after that is abismal...i am sorry to any Korn fans and it is just My opinion,but nothing they produced lived up to The first 3 albums.

Ok, when I created this thread it was in hopes that people that liked Korn would come in a post/talk about what they liked about the band or talk about the new album that's coming out soon, I didn't create the thread so that people can come in and bash the band that I have loved since the first time I've heard them, I respect the fact that you have an opinion on the band but can we please not turn this into the "Korn sucks thread", if you think they are "abismal" than just keep it to yourself or make your own thread, now I know there have to be some Korn fans in this forum, and I would love to here from them

OK....Well i do like korn and as i said i like there first 3/4 albums and have all of them in regular rotation in my music collection. Untouchables, Take a look in the mirror and See you on the other side, never lived up to the raw energy that was promoted by their earlier albums sound's.

This is most likely due the decision of Jonathan davies to jump behind the production desk, for the last 3 albums.

The as yet untitled album for 2007 will hopefully hark Korn back to there earlier days and they will be able to reproduce the sound that probably made you a fan in the first place.

I am sorry i came across as a Korn Hater, they are one of the few Nu metal bands i still listen to. Hopefully this post makes up for negative sounding last post.

I love KoRn. Gonna be at Family Values in less than two weeks and it should be awesome. IMO the "real" KoRn ended when Head left but the "new" KoRn is still better than almost any band out there

Best Korn song I have ever herd is Freak on a Leash, but the best album is the self-titled, Clown is soo goddamn good.

I ain't looking forward to the new album very much, didnt rate the last one, and I cannot beleive Korn did an Unplugged album! What were the point of that?

Jon's voice is fucked up now for all the years of screaming, I think they should gracefully give it up

The new album is pretty damn good, not the best album, that honor belongs to the first album, but this one wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, I was disappointed that David took a break from the band, but the Drummer they got to replace him, is fucking amazing, I love the song Killing, that is by far the best song off the new album, this is another studio driven album, and as far as the unplugged album goes, I found that one to be a intersting album to listen to, you gotta keep in mind that over time all bands music is going to change and evolve, that is to be expected, and in most cases it's a good thing, I mean come on do you really expect them to play the same thing though their entire careers, this band has been around for ten+ years, eventually they are going to get bored unless they try new things, like I said almost all bands do this or they break-up, and I for one would rather they keep going and experiment with new things than break-up, bcause this way the you will still tour from time to time, and you will still get to hear those great classic songs live again

who did they get to replace Head?

Speaking of him....did anyone read his book? I did. Not sure if I liked it or thought he is / was full of shit. Interesting read however.

I guess I'm gonna have to go to their myspace and hear some of the new stuff.

I don't think Korn is the best band ever or technically that gifted BUT Jonathan Davis has an amazing voice / presence and really just embodies a certain something he's that depressed pissy middle class white guy and he represents that angsty shit perfectly. To me thats why Korn has outlasted similar bands.

Well Justinayne, Your in luck, I happen to be a huge KoRn fan. And NO IM NOT A 12 year old.

I've listened to them for more than 12 years, Im 24.

I loved all of their albums. Some more than others. The new one was alot better than I thought it would be. ''Do what they say'' is the best song on there

Well Justinayne, Your in luck, I happen to be a huge KoRn fan. And NO IM NOT A 12 year old.

I've listened to them for more than 12 years, Im 24.

I loved all of their albums. Some more than others. The new one was alot better than I thought it would be. ''Do what they say'' is the best song on there

I agree this album was much better than I thought it would be, "Killing" is my favorite song on it, I just love the drums on that song and the fact that it is one of the heaviest Korn songs I think I've ever heard, though "Blind" is my all time favorite Korn song

I like all of Korn's stuff before "Take a Look in the Mirror". They've kind of went downhill after that. Their first album is by far their best, with "Predictable" being my favorite song they've done. I wish they would go back to the more raw sound that they started out with, but they've changed their sound to fit more mainstream music taste as the years have progressed. Either way, they seem to have withstood the test of time, and I see them being around for a while more (even though they lost both Head and Dave).

its wierd i havent heard anything about Korn in years they used to be my all time fav band, i still listen to them now and then but i had no idea they where bringing out a new album, Im goin to have to suss it out. One of my favourite songs from Korn is A.D.I.D.A.S i thought that was huge the first time i heard it and i still love it now. im not normally a fan of their style of music but i love most of korns songs.

I didn't mind a few of their singles and I bought a couple of their albums mainly because everyone else had them. I was never too keen on them but I managed to catch a live show of theirs and it was one of the wildest experiences I've had at a concert.

Korn live had to be one of the greatest experiences I've had at a concert. Albeit they were opening up for Linkin Park so naturally the crowd was already psyched. Their new stuff isn't what Korn is known for, but bands change and in my opinion it worked for them. No matter what, Jonathan Davis will always be such a great front man. Who else can blend such energy, raw lyrics, and bagpipes?

i only know three of korns songs, but i love them both! the songs i know are twisted transistor, coming undone, and freak on a leash. and after hearing these songs, i love this band! im no expert on this band, but based on the songs i know by them, they are an amazing band and i would recommend korn to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back