• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kong Retiring? *Spoiler Warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

gd

Plump, Juicy User
The only information about this is from Awesome Kong's Twitter page where she stated:

"Dropping my announcement in my next tweet I hope nobody will be disappointed by it. Thank you TNA management 4 ur support & understanding."

In her next "tweet" there was no big news, but there is still speculation she may be leaving. And what better to do on a forum than speculate. Is this the end for Kong? How do you feel about her possibly leaving? How would the Knockout's Division do without her?

Personally, I feel that Kong is far and away the best Knockout in the company. Not only does she have a great gimmick with her size and look, but she is a very good wrestler as well. She can work with anyone even though she is so much bigger and stronger. There is no doubt in my mind that she is the best women's wrestler I've ever seen.

I think Kong leaving would be a big blow to TNA and the women's divison. In my opinion, the Knockout's Division is at it's best when she is the champion. I much prefer Kong's domination of the Knockout's Division over anything Wilde or Love have done with the belt. There's nothing better than seeing a 275 pound monster of a women slamming around little blonde chicks.

If Kong does leave, I think TNA would really regret not getting as much as thye could out of her. They had her drop the title and turned her into a tweener because there weren't many women for her to face, but that move ended up not working for them. She hasn't really done much recently beside wrestling in some random four ways. With some fresh faces in the Knockout's Division, Kong could've been great in the monster heel role which she thrives in.

What are your thoughts on Kong potentially leaving, and how she's been used recently?

I hope Kong doesn't retire. I hate Twitter. All it takes is one cryptic tweet to get internet marks all worked up. TNA could be using her better but what would she do if she left? In the last few years WWE has taken their "Divas" in a different direction than TNA by hiring mostly models or strippers and then teaching them how to wrestle a bit. I don't think WWE would be a good home for Kong.

I've heard rumors about this for a while now. It seems she has been working through alot of different injuries, and even with a reduced schedule she might not be able to deal with the pain anymore.

Honestly, this makes me really sad. TNA losing Kong would, for me, close a chapter in the Knockout's division. Her & Kim really were the two that put the division on the map and made watchers fans of the division.

She's by far one of, if not the best women's wrestler in the division, over, and her character is still relevant(which is hard for "monsters" usually). I really hope this is just storyline driven, but like I said I have heard rumors and speculation that Kong might hang up her boots forever, so I won't be surprised if she leaves.

And I really don't think she's going to the WWE(like some think). I'd be shocked if she did. With her nagging injuries, and with the way Gail Kim has pretty much failed(so far)to connect with the crowd and find a good spot, I doubt Kong would follow suit. But whatever happen's I wish her the best, and I think everyone can agree(even women wrestling haters)that she was something special for TNA.

Oh wow, if she does retire, the Knockouts Division is gonna be in big trouble. I hope she doesn't she is a great wrestler and one of my favorites in TNA along side Tara. What kind of injuries has she had?

It is sad, she is a tremendous wrestler and always has been. I don't think she is going away anytime soon with her promoting a contest at Bound For Glory. It would be a huge blow to the Knockouts division. Could you imagine a tame Kong in WWE? that would be like trying to domesticate a wild animal. You know that they wouldn't allow her to do anything if she were to go to WWE. She would probably end up with Hornswoggle and Mark Henry. Ugggh. Awful. Let's hope she stays in TNA.

I believe TNA could of used Kong better over the past few months. Losing the title to Taylor Wilde was ridiculous. Maybe if she lost the title to Tara after a long feud it would of been better. I don't think keeping Kong off television just to have her train Jenna is good for anybody. If she is injured and needs time off, I salute her service to TNA and to the Knockouts division.

This will have no effect on me. I think most if not all the other Knockouts are decent wrestlers and I've never been a fan of the "power" wrestler, especially a woman. Honestly I prefer smoking hot chicks who can wrestle decently. Losing Kong would actually be a benefit for me. I don't think she's really that much of a draw for TNA that it'll make them lose money or ratings.

I'm not taking anything away from her, she's a great wrestler, I just really have no interest.

To be honest here, I don't blame Kong. I know the retirement is basically over injuries but also look at it this way if she was fresh:

There's only so many times in women's wrestling you can rehash the big woman vs little woman storyline. There's not a huge array of giant female wrestlers. With male wrestlers, its okay for the time being because you can then do a giant vs giant feud (with Show, Khali, Kane etc... to name just a few). Female wrestling, is often a sexist sport where many are chosen for looks and obviously aren't gigantic beasts.

So again, we'd just see big woman vs little woman storylines all over again. Kong has already dominated the division and now when she loses to smaller competitors it looks unrealistic.

It's a shame though, as I do rate her as an absolutely brilliant wrestler. But its nice to me as a viewer for once to be there not seeing her lose unrealistically to smaller women's wrestlers who may particularly just get the push because they may pose for Playboy soon.

This will be a blow to TNA, she was/is perhaps the most dominate Knockout to step into TNA. For a big girl, she could move, and had some really good moves. I like Kong, she brought instant credibility to the Knockouts divison, as has been stated, she helped put that divison on the map in TNA and made people fans of the Knockouts even more so. She was a major asset to TNA and it will suck for TNA if she does retire, but eventually they will get over it.

I don't blame here though, if she is that beat up, she needs to step away. Who knows maybe her body can heal enough, that she might one day come back to TNA. You can never say never in this business. Hopefully it's only an extended break, rather than a permanent retirement.

I don't know one way or the other, but I'm of two minds about this. On the one hand, if she decides to leave due to needing to heal injuries and such, she's earned the right and she's gotta think of herself first. This might be similar to the Foley "retirement" and we all saw how long that lasted.

On the other hand, I think it'll be a blow to the Knockouts Division. She's truly one of the absolute best female wrestlers ever to grace the screen. In fact, I've thought she might be the one in TNA to sort of..."break the glass ceiling" and maybe be the first female wrestler to take the X-Division title. (Naturally, I don't know as much about TNA history as I do WWE history, so if I'm wrong and another Knockout has taken the X-Division before, my apologies.) Anyways, I guess we'll see what happens. I hope she moves up rather than moving out.

This will be an interesting situation for TNA; not because Kong is leaving, that means very little to me, but what they will do with her when she leaves.

With Kong leaving they have a chance to put over a heel who can carry the womans devision for a long time to come riding the accomplishment of defeating the biggest monster in womens wrestling history.

I think the beautiful people are the obvious choice, a group mugging Kong and taking her out would give them the cred they need to be a legit heel group.

I'm not so much worried about Kong leaving, more about how they can use it to help soften the blow to the womans devision.

Just my opinion.

SPOILER WARNING:
Reading the spoilers for next week's Impact show, it seems TNA is creating tension between Kong and Saeed. Maybe they will use Kong retiring, if it is true, as a way to put Saeed over as a heel. She brought the monster into TNA and she will be the one to take her out of TNA. Maybe Saeed will unmask and reveal the woman behind the mask.

Saeed? Interesting - That could go quite well. Does anyone think that Saeed may finally be unmasked? Reveal who she truly is? Perhaps align her with the BP?

I don'T think they will have Saeed unmask because at this point it wouldn'T make sense especially since they've been using her as Alyssa Flash and Raisha Saeed for the last couple of weeks. The only way i could see Saeed being unmask in with the retirement angle for Kong would be to take Kong out and say that she never was Saeed and reveal that the fact that it was Alyssa Flash all along and that she wanted to make an impact in the knockout division.

In fact, I've thought she might be the one in TNA to sort of..."break the glass ceiling" and maybe be the first female wrestler to take the X-Division title.

This isn't the 90's anymore. A man and women won't wrestle each other unless they have a mixed gender tag match where maybe a small but insignificant scuffle would ensue.

Even though kong may look like a man, talk like a man and wrestle like a man, WWE and TNA both know that having her wrestle a man for a major title is in bad taste. The moment she's on the ground getting stomped, you better watch out for the feminist groups.

IMO the last 'women' that will ever go after and win a major title is Chyna. In WWE and TNA at least.

If Saeed does betray Kong, I think it'd be smart to do it at a PPV especially for Kong to retire then, and will probably happen in the tournament final against TBP, so they then become the Tag Champs. And then all 3 would send Kong into retirement after a brutal beatdown or something.

She left a “tweet” after the one where she said she was going to make an announcement:

I'm NOT pregnant! However, I am looking for 2 VIP's to bring 2 Bound for Glory with my Awesome Kongtest. Check it out http://awesomekong.tv
I hope that was the announcement she was talking about but if it wasn’t and she really is planning to retire because of whatever her reasons are, then I am going to be saddened. She is by far my favorite knockouts when it comes to wrestling and I have been a fan of hers since she began wrestling for TNA.

If I said this once I’ve said it too many times, I consider her to be the female version of Vader. She is just so dominant and agile for a woman her size, much like Vader was for his size. She is just so good and never have I seen a woman wrestler that was her size (or close to it) be anywhere as good as her. It’s going to be sad seeing her go if those are indeed her plans.

Now, I do think this is going to be a blow to the knockouts division and she can’t be easily replaced, however they will be able to recover from it eventually just like they would be able to from anything else. They still have some fantastic wrestlers in the division that can carry it so they don’t need to get desperate trying to find the next Awesome Kong like they had to do when Gail left. The division isn’t going to be in much trouble with her gone but it’s going to be noticeable that someone is missing because she (alongside Gail and some other knockouts) put them on the map.

Now that she may be leaving (which I really hope it isn’t the case) I think we can look at this positively. Yes, it’s going to be sad seeing her go if those are her plans however we have to remember that she is still young. Kong is only 31 years old so she can still comeback in the future. During her time off if she retires, she can heal any injuries she’s had and just take a break from wrestling. Once she feels ready to comeback, she can do it. Wrestling isn’t going anywhere and I hope TNA would welcome her back with open arms. So if she does retire, let’s not forget she is a young woman and might be able to make a return in the future if she desires.

I think Kongs departure temporarily or not will leave a huge void in the division because their will be no monster heel but Tara could take her place. I'd really like to see Kong v Tara before Kong leaves because that could be one heck of a match for the fans to see.

She left a “tweet” after the one where she said she was going to make an announcement:

I hope that was the announcement she was talking about but if it wasn’t and she really is planning to retire because of whatever her reasons are, then I am going to be saddened. She is by far my favorite knockouts when it comes to wrestling and I have been a fan of hers since she began wrestling for TNA.

If I said this once I’ve said it too many times, I consider her to be the female version of Vader. She is just so dominant and agile for a woman her size, much like Vader was for his size. She is just so good and never have I seen a woman wrestler that was her size (or close to it) be anywhere as good as her. It’s going to be sad seeing her go if those are indeed her plans.

Now, I do think this is going to be a blow to the knockouts division and she can’t be easily replaced, however they will be able to recover from it eventually just like they would be able to from anything else. They still have some fantastic wrestlers in the division that can carry it so they don’t need to get desperate trying to find the next Awesome Kong like they had to do when Gail left. The division isn’t going to be in much trouble with her gone but it’s going to be noticeable that someone is missing because she (alongside Gail and some other knockouts) put them on the map.

Now that she may be leaving (which I really hope it isn’t the case) I think we can look at this positively. Yes, it’s going to be sad seeing her go if those are her plans however we have to remember that she is still young. Kong is only 31 years old so she can still comeback in the future. During her time off if she retires, she can heal any injuries she’s had and just take a break from wrestling. Once she feels ready to comeback, she can do it. Wrestling isn’t going anywhere and I hope TNA would welcome her back with open arms. So if she does retire, let’s not forget she is a young woman and might be able to make a return in the future if she desires.

Well with the direction TNA is heading looking for more shall we say prettier females (one of their many attempts to market themselves like the wwe), their partnership with playboy and focusing more and more on making the knockouts sexier, I knew that Kong will end up looking for something more.

With her future in question and with Kong being as banged up as some may speculate retirement may not be as bad as some may say maybe giving her body time to heal would be a good thing.

As you said i heard that she the contest thing was the big anouncement but we will have to wait and see in regards to the whole Kong situation.

I see her becoming a legend in womens wrestling if she expands her horisons and maybe goes to other organisations, there is nothing left to do in tna anywhoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back