• Koscheck vs. Yoshida

• Evans vs. Liddell

• Rampage vs. W. Silva

• Petruzelli vs. Slice

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Frank the Frowner

Getting Noticed By Management
Please vote for what you feel was the best MMA knockout of the year 2008. The nominees are below. If you feel I left a deserving knockout out of the choices, then feel free to choose "Other" in the poll and state the fight who you feel should win this category. Thank you for participating.

(Excellent idea with these threads, jmt)

Shane Carwin vs. Christian Wellisch
[youtube]8j4N-vncLbA[/youtube]

James Irvin vs. Houston Alexander
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4xxwf_houston-alexander-vs-james-irvin_sport

Anthony Johnson vs. Kevin Burns
[youtube]KlUUu2_x3lM[/youtube]

Wanderlei Silva vs. Keith Jardine
[youtube]ROa6p0BEu5U[/youtube]

Both fighters get knocked out
http://www.cagepotato.com/2008/05/19/videos-double-ko-iron-ring-slam-ko-more/

Josh Koscheck vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida
[youtube]UzCTsZ284ZQ[/youtube]

Rashad Evans vs. Chuck Liddell
[youtube]KzHlCUOyzeo[/youtube]

Rampage Jackson vs. Wanderlei Silva
[youtube]hPfXVQeSss0[/youtube]

Seth Petruzelli takes out Kimbo Slice and EliteXC
http://www.break.com/usercontent/2008/10/Kimbo-Slice-vs-Seth-Petruzelli-583611.html

Damn, this one is tough to choose. For me it's between Johnson/Burns, Rashad/Liddell, and Koscheck/Yoshida.

But I think I have to go with Anthony Johnson kicking Kevin Burns' head off. There's just something that's cooler and more devastating about a kick then a punch. And Johnson's kick couldn't have been more awesome, especially since it came out of nowhere. I remember thinking right before it happened, "Man, I hope the judges don't screw Johnson out of this victory." And BOOM, that kick landed and it was just beautiful.

I haven't seen most of those fights, but from the clips alone, I'll have to go with Josh Koscheck/Yoshiyuki Yoshida. That's one of the most brutal knockouts I've even seen. Yoshida was unlucky that the cage catched him on the first punch, he would've gone down, but instead he stands up, completly helpless to the next punch. The fact that Koscheck just pushed him in the face like "down, bitch" just added to it haha.

All the knockouts that were listed are great. So it made it hard for me to choose just one. In the end i decided Evans knockout of Liddell was the greatest of the year. Going into the fight almost everyone thought Liddell was gonna knockout Evans. I am sure very few guessed it would be vice versa. The combination of the fact that it was one of quickest KO punches ever thrown and the shock factor makes it my pick for knockout of the year.

Undoubtedly Evans knocking out Liddell at UFC 88. It was such a major knockout, it was unexpected, and it was just beautiful. The emotion in the knockout was just outstanding, and a huge boost for Evans (got him the title shot at 92 where he won the Light Heavyweight Title, of course). Proved Evans was the up and coming light heavyweight to watch out for, and paved the way for him to become the top dog in the light heavyweight division in the UFC. All around, the best knockout I saw all year, and established Evans place as one of the top light heavyweights in the world.

I had to go with Rampage knocking out Wanderlei. I'm a major Rampage mark, and with all the crap he went through earlier this year, to step in the ring with his biggest adversary of his professional career, and take it to him, it was awesome. The punches themselves as well were explosive, and I actually, for a split second thought he killed Wanderlei with the way he was twitching afterwards. I think I even heard that Wanderlei was in the hospital afterwards because of the beating he took.

There's no question that Evans/Liddell is up there too. Nobody was expecting Rashad to take it to Chuck like that, and that punch truly ended any title hopes he had for the rest of his career. It was symbolic.

Carwin/Wellisch is definitely up there for me this year too. Carwin knocked Wellisch's mouthpiece out with that knockout blow.

Well I am not a big MMA fan, but judging by the outcomes, I pick the knock out of Kimbo Slice as the knockout of the year. It took all the steam away from one of the biggest up and coming names in MMA with one solid hit by a relative nobody. Seth Petruzelli became a MMA celebrity, possibly bring back his career, with one 14 second knock out of a bear of a man.

Seth Petruzelli knocking out Kimbo Slice was by far the best and biggest knock out. In 13 seconds Elite xc's entire company came crashing down right before our eyes. They had built Kimbo up as their main attraction and pushed him to the moon never saying a bad word about him or giving him critisism. They made Slice look like a unstopable giant that couldnt be beaten. Then came a young guy that looked 50 pounds lighter than Kimbo and he knocked Kimbo the F' out. It was one of the most hysterical things i've ever seen in MMA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back