• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

King of the Ring Tournament for TNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesswiz77

Pre-Show Stalwart
I was wondering how many others besides my self believe TNA should have a KOTR type PPV, one that puts over one of the mid-card wrestlers and propels them into the main event scene. I think it was a mistake for WWE to do away with KOTR, but how about TNA bringing it back in some form as a PPV.

This would give them four big ppvs a year (at least imo), Lockdown(all cage PPV), Slammiversy(Anniversary show), Bound For Glory(their WrestleMania) and now this. In My mind they need to have PPVs bigger than others like wwe(RoyalRumble,WrestleMania,SummerSlam,and Survivor Series) in order to build up some of their big matches(ie, Joe/Angle= which they didn't build properly outside of Genesis that is) for bigger payoffs.

Anyway, I just wanted your opinion on the prospect of a TNA KOTR-type PPV and if they should try and sell four of their twelve PPVs as bigger than the others.

Yea it would work, and Tna do try to do tournements all year round e.g PCS tournement, but a KOTR used in an effort to push a mid carder a bit would be good, especiallly if they first pushed the most deserving underused person on there roster....Christopher daniels!!

Although they couldnt call it King of the ring.....so maybe, Best of the best,...wait czw has that....ummm i am stuck

I like the idea. I doubt they'd do that anytime soon but if i was TNA, i'd sure as hell do it. It is an awesome idea and it'd be cool to throw in a stipulation like, they can choose what title they wanna fight for. Also, it wouldn't hurt that if they had enough people on their roster, to do a tag team KOTR. It was a cool idea but i don't think that the WWF ever used it. Christopher Daniels and A.J Styles are definetly two deserving people to win it if that happens. It could give them the push they need. 4 Major pay-per-views would be great for TNA as it would have the same amount the WWE does. It'd be good to hold it about 2 months before Bound For Glory so they could have plenty of time to build it up. Kind of like The Royal Rumble is to Wrestlemania.

It would be a good idea so long as it did'nt look like a King Of The Ring rip off. Which I think would be everyone's opinion. It would have to have something unique about it so it does'nt look like just another tornament. Maybe they could have fan's vote online who enter's or competitor's can only compete if they have'nt previously had a world title shot.

How bout following the old WCW BattleBowl tournament.

It would be a 16-team tournament. Teams are chosen via the infamous Lethal Lottery. The winning team takes on each other for a future title shot.

Why not have a tournment with a diferent kind of match for each round, for example the fist round matches could be regular singles matches, the second round matches could be sumbmission match, and the third round could be a 30 min. iron man match, or if the winner is getting an X-division title shot it could be an Ultimate X match, or just let the fans vote on what the final match of the tournment would be, give them a couple of choices then let them vote during the first two weeks of the tournment( I'm assuming they'll do one round of matches one week and the second the next)

They could call it the three stages of hell tournment, or three stages of Exallence tournment

King of the Mountain is a 5-man ladder match where you have to qualify(by pinning one of the others) in order to be able to strap the title above the ring and thus win the match. They do this match at their anniversary show...Slammiversary. It's an alright match that needs to be tweaked.

Maybe they could call a ppv called King of the Mountain that host a tournament to see who the next King of the Mountain will be. Then they could do the King on the Mountain ladder match for the NWA Title to see who they would face down the road(at the next ppv or at a major ppv like BFG)

I personally think they should have a few gaunlets per year as I love those types of matches. The first would be a gauntlet for the heavyweights that culminates in someone getting a title shot @ Bound For Glory. The second would be one for the X-division stars that would culminate in a title shot at one of the other PPVs. This way they could do it twice a year and it would be something expected in order to see breakout talent get their shot. It would kind of be like how WWF used to do it with KOTR getting a title shot at Summerslam and the Rumble victory garnering one for Wrestlemania. Then, what the hell? Maybe throw in a separate gauntlet-style encounter for the tag team division.

They should change Victory Road into the tournament type PPV.

A King Of The Ring-type tournament would be good for the stars of TNA. It could propell someone (like Christopher Daniels) to the main event scene, and make them a future NWA Champion. I think TNA needs something like this to gain credibility to the title picture.

TNA won't have anything similiar to King of the Ring for the simple fact of them being considered copying off of the WWE.. I don't even see the sence of it in all honesty.. They already have the King of the Mountain match, Ultimate X, and a whole shitload of inevative matches.. If anything, have them come up with some sort of Royal Rumble concept or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back