• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

King of the Ring: the anti push?

King_of_Swing1520

The King of Swing
Now sheamus is a 2 time wwe champ. hhh made him into a true mainevent heel last year. he's pretty good on the mic and in the ring, imo. he was in a very good feud with morrison, which also involved the king of the ring tournament. but ever since sheamus won he's gone down hill. i mean he lost to mark henry and evan bourne in back to back weeks, and got destroyed by hhh. i mean sheamus came out there to say something to hhh and he didnt get in a single shot of offence.

these are just the examples from the past two raws but it seems that since becoming king sheamus he's done nothing but go down hill. whats up with that? king of the ring used to elevate guys to a new level, make them truly established, and get them into the main event for good. but sheamus has been pushed back since becoming king.

thoughts on sheamus' decline and the lost prestige of the king of the ring?

The KOTR has only been marginally important for a number of years, actually it hasn't even been done consistently over the years. Billy Gunn got a Rock feud out of it and not much else, William Regal didn't even get that kind of main event rub. The only names that stick out from the past recent years that come to mind are Lesnar (who already had a monster push) and Booker T (who had to adopt a silly gimmick but got a world title out of it). Sheamus never actually benefitted from being KOTR, he'd already been world champion twice by the time he got it. He simply didn't need it. Now he's buried in the card and likely unless they actually want to push someone they're not likely to do anything with it this year.

Hell it wasn't even a pay per view. I mean what does this say about their level of concern for it?

The "King Sheamus" angle is a joke, he looks he is going to a fancy dress party now.

He used to look mean and enter the ring with purpose.

The actual KOTR tournement was a sham aswell, all low and mid-carders. They needed a few higher talents in the mix to bring the tournement more "purpose" and make Sheamus look more of a powerhouse.

They failed with the storyline completely, And that has probably caused the problem.

According to some of the reports in the IWC, Kevin Dunn has never liked Sheamus and never wanted to push him at all. Having Sheamus win KOTR was reportedly Dunn's idea, to make him look stupid wearing a crown and robe.

Of course, it's also possible that WWE is just giving Sheamus a "de-push" as a test to see how well he can get a crowd reaction when things aren't going his way. They've done that with other superstars in the past.

If you really want to create a monster of a superstar, you make them go over on the biggest stage, wrestlemania. Sheamus putting the streak to its end would have solidified him as a monster forever, but ofcourse the piece of shit that calls himself Vince Mcmahons son has to come and totally bury the guy who made him look weak. This is all triple hs doing, he doesnt want his character to look weak in any possible way and thats what Sheamus did. So typical triple h did what he always does and ruined someones chance at being a beast for his own personal benefit. Triple H did the same thing in 2004 to Randy Orton when he demanded to get the title back after Orton only held it for a month.

I have also read reports about Kevin Dunn having some heat on Sheamus and that is why he is getting sent back down to mid-card. I hate to see it, I really do. I was glad to see him get Pedigreed last night though, that way there feud wasn't left un-settled. I just think he should be in the main event at this point. One problem they had was they pushed him to fast last year and didn't give him time to develop. He won the WWE Championship when he was still green and now that he is developed, he get's pushed back. Sheamus can work very well in the ring and I like his mic work. I think his promos are very entertaining. Hopefully, he will get pushed back up there one day and not be dropped.

Everyone has been clamoring about how Sheamus is being buried, how he's going down hill... hell, if Sheamus loses one more match I wouldn't be surprised if a "Sheamus about to be Future Endeavored?" thread pops up.

Here's the skinny, Sheamus won King of the Ring to remind us he's dominant. John Morrison just won a few matches against him and Sheamus needed to reestablish his power, so the WWE crowned him King of the Ring.

A few months later, we're heading into Wrestlemania and Sheamus has nothing to do... why not spice things up by putting him on a losing streak? It's a storyline, not a burial, not an anti-push. As odd as it sounds, by losing, Sheamus is getting a push. He'll probably come out and address his losing streak by attacking someone and that will set up a match for him at Wrestlemania. Buried guys don't get one on one matches at Wrestlemania.

how can WWE be doing this to Sheamus? a former 2 time WWE Champion, destroying everything in his path, to winning thr KOTR and jobbing to Henry and Bourne, don't get me wrong, i was happy to see Bourne return, however, not in the way he did, more hype? advertisement? instead of beating a former World Champion in 30 seconds!

Ok, your post is more about him being "buried" than about the King of the Ring.. In fact you hardly talk about the KOTR and your title is misleading. For that I red repped you.

On to the "topic".

Mark Henry could use the win more than Sheamus can. Evan Bourne was returning and needed a strong return. Why not have them beat a former 2-time champion? Plus everybody was pissed that he wasn't fighting HHH at WM, so it was good to see trips get his revenge somehow.

Sheamus isn't going anywhere anytime soon. He's HHH's workout buddy, he's here to stay for a while. So he's been in a slum lately, big whoop. Jack Swagger was on a losing streak for MONTHS before winning MITB and being thrown into the Main Event, having matches against Orton, Big Show, Mysterio, etc.

All the matches at WM aren't even set yet! We have four matches announced so far. That's it. We don't know if he'll have a big role or not. He could win MITB if they have it this year. He could represent Raw in an inter-brand match.

Hell, I'm betting he'll be drafted to Smackdown anyways. There's no point in building him in a huge storyline if he's just going to be drafted.

I don't have to much to say on this topic, but I did want to say if you came up with this idea, as in if this was YOUR original thought, kudos. It is very true. Granted I have only seen 2 KOTR Tourneys, but Regal and Sheamus both seriously dropped off after winning the crown. Simply put, good call.

Honestly Sheamus is the only KOTR winner that has looked like a loser after winning the crown. William Regal was the GM when he won KOTR and was getting a major push till he failed a drug test and got suspended for 60 days. It seems like Sheamus rise and downfall is all backstage politics, I found it strange that HHH got him in the door and He was the one to slam it in his face last night. There is no way after last night beat down Sheamus will get any type of push. But on the other hand Daniel Bryant beat down seems like he may get a push after mania.

I think people are still overreacting. What he has done so far in WWE is not a fluke. His first title reign was pretty quickly backed up by another reign. So, I think they feel Sheamus' spot in the company is pretty much set in stone. As opposed to a lot of the guys crying about Sheamus losing at the moment, I think they are trying to use him in every way possible. Not only has he been put over as World Champion, but they also use him to give other people a rub.

I think people are quick to jump to the whole "what have you done for me lately?" deal. Sheamus will be fine, in my opinion. I think they are just using him to the fullest. At anytime they could give him any title, or have him beat anyone, and it would be acceptable. Why? Because he is The King Of The Ring, AND a 2-Time WWE Champion already.

WWE put him on a massive loosing streak to help get others over by beating a 2 time wwe champ. If they have the MITB match at WM27 he Will probably be the winner, then be a 3 time wwe champ after summerslam.

They're using hime to get people over at the moment thats all it amounts to, most of the top guys go thru this at some point, and since he rose so fast he has to be taken down a notch.

I would like to see maybe an "Irish Curse" story develop with Sheamus' recent jobbing duties. Maybe he drops the "King" and becomes dominant again. IDK, just thinking.

When he won the KOTR I just thought about how that launched Stone Cold into the stratusphere and figured Sheamus would become the dominant heel in WWe, but so far that has not happened. I think this is just a case of they gave him the title too early now people expect alot. It seems like he just kinda got lost in all the other WM storylines but I think after Mania he will bounce back, maybe go to Smackdown, either way I think he'll have another title reign sometime this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back