• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kevin Steen is the man. #Respect

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
So Drew Satin, brother of TMZ reporter/avid wrestling fan Ryan Satin, was in an accident last week that left him brain dead, and then officially passed away. Pro wrestlers everywhere have been reaching out to their family all weekend. Joey Ryan wore "Drew" on his wrist tape to the ring. But one thing I thought was above and beyond awesome was Kevin Steen's reaction.

After reaching out to Ryan and wishing him the general "I'm so sorry for you family's loss...what the fuck do you say at a time like this" tweet, Ryan responded by saying "thanks man ... Hit a top rope package pile driver for him one of these days. He was waiting to see it in person".

Fast forward to PWG TEN this Friday. The 10th anniversary show for Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, and Steen was in the co-main event fighting for Adam Cole's world championship, with...Drake Younger I believe. Anyways, long story short-ish, Steen went up to that top rope, and did that package piledriver.

I don't know, maybe it was already booked in the match. Maybe he was going to do it anyways. Maybe it's a super dangerous move and that shouldn't have been done. But I just think...that was a fucking class act thing for Kevin Steen to do.

EDIT: STeen just sent me a message saying, "Not off the top but I did do it elevated through a bunch of chairs. And I did have him in mind when I hit it. He'll be missed."

Who took the piledriver? He's the one who deserves praise. Fearless bastard!

A Package Piledriver is different to a Piledriver. In a Package Pilledriver their head is safely tucked above the waist line. And Kevin Steen has been doing it for ten plus years, never hurt a single person with it. Generico has hurt people with the follow up Brainbuster though, so lets ban that and act self righteous!

And Killam, while the report is lovely, you including yourself as a component is kind of self bearing. You've nothing to do with it, while it is nice and Kevin Steen is in fact the man. But you know, cause hes not in WWE and TNA and this is WZ forums where ROH and indy wrestling doesn't matter, he may as well not exist.

So he paid respect to someone who died of brain damage by doing a pile driver?

What if this pile driver would have been on the ring apron? Steen's done one of those before.

I understand the sentiment, but Steen doesn't earn my respect for dedicating a pile driver to a person who was brain dead.

Then again, any publication with any sense of logical journalism wouldn't have made this a huge deal.

Given what happened to BJ Whitmer a week or so ago, I'm not particularly impressed by this. Much like most else of what Kevin Steen fans tell me is so great about him.

Steen is great because he looks like the average Joe. Similar to Foley. Only Foley actually could tell a story and use a character to his advantage, whilst Steen simply gasses out after 10 minutes and does awkward spots in the ring.

A Package Piledriver is different to a Piledriver. In a Package Pilledriver their head is safely tucked above the waist line. And Kevin Steen has been doing it for ten plus years, never hurt a single person with it.

Thanks, I've been waiting years for somebody to tell me the fundamentals of a Package Piledriver!

Thanks, I've been waiting years for somebody to tell me the fundamentals of a Package Piledriver!

I was educating the masses. Obviously it didn't work as two posts later KB compared it to a straightforward Piledriver, when their different. One is dangerous, other is safe. One hurts people, the other hasn't hurt one.

Neither are dangerous if done right. Both are dangerous if done wrong. Like pretty much every wrestling move. School closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back