KB On A Wrestling Radio Show

I never understood the whole public speaking fear thing. They are just other human beings. The majority of which, probably losers. Fuck 'em. The fuck is there to be scared about

Just imagine that your listeners are in their underwear. All three of them.

One of them would be Becca so I could live with this.

I never understood the whole public speaking fear thing. They are just other human beings. The majority of which, probably losers. Fuck 'em. The fuck is there to be scared about

I can't explain it. It's the same with my issue with heights.

Anything high enough to bring proper nervousness, you wouldnt feel a damn thing at the end of the fall. Again, I fail to see were the fear lies.

I used to be deathly afraid of public speaking, no idea why. All logic says that there's nothing to be afraid of, but I was still afraid. I've been able to conquer that fear by working my way from small presentations to bigger ones. I still get butterflies before any big presentation, and there have even been occasions when it struck me while I was speaking, but once it's over, it's over, and nobody really cares if you fucked up or looked bad.

I was president of the Northeastern University film club last year, and I was a bit worried after I was elected about how I would be able to handle giving a speech at the beginning of every single meeting. The first event we had had well over 150 people, and the first meeting had about 50. I rocked both of them. All you gotta do is be confident and act like you know what you're talking about.

Anything high enough to bring proper nervousness, you wouldnt feel a damn thing at the end of the fall. Again, I fail to see were the fear lies.

I'm not sure what causes it either. WHen I'm in a car going over mountains or somethign I'm fine, but two rungs up a ladder and I can barely stand up. I can't explain it.

I really don't understand the fear of public speaking when the forum being used is a radio show or podcast, it would basically be the same thing you do here, only you'd be talking instead of typing & posting. As long as you got something to say you should be fine. In front of an audience with people staring at you on the other hand could be a bit nerve wracking, however I think after doing it enough you'd be fine with it, just keep in mind those people are there because they want to hear what you have to say.

While this probably comes to a surprise to no one if properly thought about, I absolutely love public speaking, especially in front of large groups. The idea every person in the room is there for the sole purpose of listening to how much I know, and my job is to teach them what I know, is so exhilarating. Does it get any better than that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back