• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

KB Goes To Raw (mild spoilers)

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Posted here to avoid spoiler issues.

Got there about 5 minutes before the show started. TEN DOLLARS to park now. Sweet damn man. I had a great seat, maybe thirty feet from the railing opposite the cameras and on the right side. In other words if you're watching the show, I was in the corner on the far side of the ring on the right hand side.

Dark match was Kaval vs. Alex Riley. Riley got GREAT heat and Kaval got a decent pop. Kaval won in like 4 minutes with the Warrior's Way. Short match but fine for what it was supposed to be.

For Superstars:

Cole got a lot of boos. Lawler got a standing ovation.

Maryse/Jillian vs. The Bellas

All four are GORGEOUS in person. The cameras don't do them justice at all. This was a comedy match with a hilarious moment as Jillian, wearing pants, tries to switch with Maryse, wearing shorts. Jillian tried to sing before the match and the booing was so loud you couldn't hear her.

Jericho vs. Yoshi Tatsu

Jericho stole the show right here. FOr one thing he got a HUGE face pop and there were at least 3 Y2J chants. Tatsu got NOTHING. He was in a chinlock at one point and got a small chant but other than that it was all Jericho. There was a really weird moment in this as Jericho hit a knee drop and Tatsu hit the floor and the match was stopped. The referee put rubber gloves on to check on him and Jericho killed time in the ring. The weird part was that the referee kept the gloves on for the rest of the match and still had at least one on for the main event. While they were checking on Yoshi, which took like 3 minutes, Jericho did the Shawn lounge on the corner thing and then sat in a chair in the ring. He did his nails while he waited. This was one of the best parts of the show by far. He won with the Walls. This was a pure clinic on how to work a crowd. I loved this and have a whole new respect for Jericho because of it.

Raw was about to start at this point so I'll go into the videos played during commercials/breaks.

The WWE LOVES the military and Wrestlemania. There must have been five commercials each for them. Also, they show all the guys that have left the company, even highlighting them. In a very odd moment, there was an ad for the Rise and Fall of WCW. Russo/Bischoff might have gotten the loudest boos of the night. It was really weird.

They did the kiss cam which was nothing special.

They did Sign of the Night. The only good one was a Sheamus one that they filmed perfectly. It's a closeup of him and then they panned back and it's a jar of mayonaise with something that I can't remember written around it. It was funny though.

I went to get a drink (didn't get it due to the line) so I missed the very opening of Raw. I was coming down the steps when the intro came on.

Cena got a GREAT pop. Maybe 90% cheering. Also the arena was full, even the upper deck. They didn't come close to this at Smackdown back in November. Raw brings in the people. That's probably a good 20,000 people. It holds 23k for basketball games so it was likely close to 20.

Anyway, the crowd was VERY hot and while I haven't seen the TV version yet I can't imagine it didn't come off that way on TV. This felt really fast even though it got a good amount of time, and I mean that in a good way.

Gail vs. Alicia

No one cared. Like no one at all. The axe kick might as well have been an ass drop. A weird thing was Eve came out during commercial and talked to Lawler for a bit then had to back up to be introduced on TV. Her music sounds really different live too. Absolutely stunning in person.

I went to get a drink for the Harts/Usos. I heard the music and the ending and saw the splash replay on the screen but didn't see any of the match at all. Natalya has a DAMN nice ass though.

Jericho and Barrett got booed so loud that I could only hear a bit of it. The Tatsu attack came off as brutal and got great heat. All the Nexus stuff did as they were HATED.

DiBiase got an ok reaction at best. Morrison was probably third most popular after Cena and Orton. I was very surprised but he was cheered very loudly and not just by teenage girls. Ted looks perfect in the suits by the way.

No one, I mean NO ONE, cared about Florence Henderson in the first bit. The place had maybe four people responding at all and the rest was relatively silent. Santino got some laughs though.

Orton is the most over person I can remember not named Austin or Rock that I've seen live. The fans FREAK whenever he's mentioned or shown and the RKO chants were loud as hell. In something that really surprised me, Bourne hitting the ring drew some of the loudest booing all night. The RKO on him when Randy was on the mat could not have been more perfect. Every replay got a great pop with the first being one of the loudest of the night. It happened so fast we couldn't see it at first so the slow motion replay made it look amazing. The match was really good live too.

The beatdown on Morrison sounded great. Those shots he landed before he got taken down came off really loudly and sounded painful. This worked really well and was filmed up the stairs from me. A camera guy ran up the stairs just before it aired.

Miz is epic in person. He came off as evil and no one questioned it at all which is an amazing sign for him. Henry was just there. No one cared, no one cheered, no one reacted. He was just there. People just weren't interested in him at all and it showed badly.

The brady bunch match was stupid beyond belief. Doink got some sarcastic cheers and that's it. This was a pure waste of time and easily the worst part of the night. The fans liked Henderson FAR more in person than on the screen though.

The fans were REALLY not into the Edge interview for no reason I can think of. That or something happened in the arena that I couldn't see. It was really weird though as he didn't get much heat for it and the fans didn't react to it that much. Odd.

Bourne almost managed to get Nexus cheered. Sheamus running was hilarious to put it mildly.

The main event worked. Cena losing the way he did is exactly what should have happened. There's just no way you can validate him beating 6 guys on his own. You flat out can't do it. Sheamus and Cena working together got a great reaction as no one knew what to think of it, but they were certainly interested.

After the show went off the air, Edge ran down and hit Cena ONCE in the back of the head. Orton, complete with music, ran down for the save and we had a tag match. It was a handicap first though as Cena stayed down for like 5 minutes off that shot. It looked like he jumped the railing to run to his corner though which was weird. He got a hot tag and cleaned house. Sheamus accidently kicked Edge and walked into a FU while Orton got an RKO on Edge for the pin. The heels left and some drunk fan ran into the ring but security took him down. Orton did the pose on all four corners and Cena left. Orton got bigger pops than John did.

Roberts thanked us for coming and said they'd be back soon, which they've never said before.

GREAT show live and a ton of fun. This was far better than the other Raw I went to about 15 months ago and better than Smackdown from November. This was great and the fans seemed to have a blast. That and the attendance are both great signs for Lexington getting more WWE, which I'd love.

It was very noticeable that the crowd didn't give a shit about Edge's promo. You could have made a WZ shout out and we would have heard it perfectly. I heard one dude yell "Shut up!" quite clearly.

I don't get it. It wasn't a masterpiece but it certainly wasn't bad. He got a solid reaction for his match.

Mizark got no reaction? That's weird, last week Mizark got probably the 3rd loudest pop in a dark match against Husky Harris. That dark match main event went EXACTLY the same as it did here.

I thought that maybe they were just entranced by it, or that something bad had happend, as you had mentioned.

Mizark got no reaction? That's weird, last week Mizark got probably the 3rd loudest pop in a dark match against Husky Harris. That dark match main event went EXACTLY the same as it did here.

Not that I heard. He wasn't booed, but just no one cared. That or maybe it was him being in the MITB match which no one believe he has a chance in.

Not that I heard. He wasn't booed, but just no one cared. That or maybe it was him being in the MITB match which no one believe he has a chance in.

When they did the Sign of the Night thing, we had a kid who dressed up as Sheamus except he was wearing a Hawaiian shirt, it was hilarious because he looked just like him.

Did you have any random WOOOOs? Everytime there was a commercial break someone would go WOOOOOO and everyone else would join in.

When they did the Sign of the Night thing, we had a kid who dressed up as Sheamus except he was wearing a Hawaiian shirt, it was hilarious because he looked just like him.

Did you have any random WOOOOs? Everytime there was a commercial break someone would go WOOOOOO and everyone else would join in.

Not random ones, no. Tatsu did some chops during the Superstars match and there were like two woos then, but Flair was shown prominently in some of the Mania videos, as were Hardy and Hogan. If Vince is annoyed over chops, he's a hypocrite for the videos he allows to run at live shows.

I trust a KB review more than any of the fruits who make the front page. Biased marks who claim Cena got booed more than cheered. I hate hearing that shit. Honestly, he rarely gets more boos than cheers but eventually the fans who cheer(or as I like to call them, the actual fans) will eventually stop and then the fucktards who boo will keep going until there ******ed asses get heard.

I can only imagine how awesome it must have been to see that RKO on Bourne in person.

Oh man you have no idea. Other than the Five Star Frog Splash (the absolute most amazing thing I've ever seen live. He gets so far up there it's unreal) that was the best spot I've ever seen in person.

I trust a KB review more than any of the fruits who make the front page. Biased marks who claim Cena got booed more than cheered. I hate hearing that shit. Honestly, he rarely gets more boos than cheers but eventually the fans who cheer(or as I like to call them, the actual fans) will eventually stop and then the fucktards who boo will keep going until there ******ed asses get heard.

Cena got cheered LOUDLY for the opening but there were a decent amount of boos for his match. Maybe 25% or so but not more than that.

I would've payed anything to see that RKO on Bourne in person. And yeah-Maryse is amazing in person, that is for sure.

I need to actually go to a RAW one day, instead of house shows.

Same here, I had a few chances and passed each time, most of them were "road to WM" Raws too:disappointed:, so far I've seen a WWE house show, and a TNA house show, next I need to see a WWE taping (Raw or SD!, really not picky), since Bragging Rights is in Minneapolis this year I'm hoping that means they do a Raw or SD! near me around that time

I really wanted to see the goddam MITB PPV in KC, but sadly I can't afford it. I think there is a house show comin round soon, that should be good.

I went to the Smackdown/ECW tapings that were in KC a while back, it was the last ECW ever, pretty fun. We got lost as shit on the highway though, so the ride back was hella stressful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back