• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kane vs. Orton/Ref question...

The Madrid Slam

Occasional Pre-Show
It was a while back. A few weeks after the Slammys. It was Kane vs. Randy Orton in a storyline that never really took place. Kane was obsessed with Kelly Kelly after a comment she made at the Slammy's presentation. Kane went to holler at Kelly, and she rejected him for me =].

Anyways on a serious note, Kelly Kelly, got the Miz "beat up", by lying, saying she was in love with him, even though apparantly she was falling for Randy Orton...who just thought of her as a one-night stand. Ha.

Fast Forward another week and it's Kane vs. Randy Orton. Orton was in the midst of forming legacy still, and as the match went, he won by a false 3 count by the ref. It seemed like it was staged, but to my knowledge nothing ever happened after that. I know a few people speculated that the referee was "going to be a 3rd generation superstar and join legacy"...but did anything ever happen, or was this truly a storyline that started...but never took place?

I don't really know what happened afterwards. The Kelly Kelly obssesion with Kane could have been a good idea, I guessed they ditched it. But I don't think anyone should complain considering they got to see The Miz get get the shit kicked out of him, LOL.

The ref in the match was one of the Armstrong brothers, which makes him a second gen "superstar". I guess if they wanted to include him then Manu and Sim Snuka would have been big enough stars to stay in. They could have had a rogue ref to do their matches but it wouldn't have been a great idea.

I never heard that the ref was supposed to join Legacy. But I do remember the next week on Raw, Kane fought someone, CM Punk I believe, and something similar happened. It looked like Kane kicked out in time but still the ref gave CM Punk the win. So I'm not sure that the ref was supposed to join Legacy, it looked more like that it was some angle with Kane they were doing, but nothing obviously ever came from it.

I could be wrong, but wasn't armstrong the ref in the Batista-Dibiase match in which Batista was DQ'd rather quickly? So something might still be going on.

Well, after the Kane/Orton match, Kelly asked Orton out. He turned her down so that ended it with him. But the Kane/Kelly thing could've worked out but I guess that they had other storylines that nobody remembers to deal with

Here's what happened...in my opinion.

Kane and Kelly Kelly thought this idea was great...since they'd get TV time and all, but the question was...who would be the actual interest of Kelly Kelly?

The Miz? Creative wasn't warm on him, but wanted him to be jobbed to Kane to further sell Kane's anger.

Then it was found out to be Orton...just out of the blue. Orton? Made no sense, unless he was really sleeping with her. Anyway, Orton was like...why me? And played along with it for a week. Creative thought the damn idea for the story was going nowhere and scrapped after the Orton/Kane match.

The end.

I don't remember the ref thing at all but sounds quite interesting now it's mentioned.

I just more remember thinking they could have done more with it, obviously Orton wasn't meant to like be with Kelly, but having her pestering him might have made for some entertaining tv. Maybe she didn't get the message so he starts like doing his psycho thing, backs her into a corner, gets up real close and keeps insulting her, random face comes to her rescue. I dunno. Even if it was just for 2 weeks to further an existing feud, it just seemed so random "oh yeah, Orton fucked Kelly Kelly". Didn't get the point.

Well nothing really came out of it.

Kelly Kelly was safe and Kane well, he had nothing to do after that, they used the time after the match to put DiBiase in The Legacy and that was it. Could have served better with a face counter part but they scratched it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back