Just Who Is Steve Corino?

Super Crazy

CABS ARE HEEEERREEE!!
If someone were to ask me that I honestly have no idea. I have heard mention of him on these forums though and just now decided to look him up. I typed his name in youtube and clicked the first match that came up. It was Steve Corino vs Jerry Lynn at Heatwave.....what a match. That was one hell of a show.

I seriously have never heard of him. I have just seen mention of him on these forums. If someone is a fan of his I would like them to fill me in.

He is a wrestler called the king of old school from ecw and now work the Indy circuit he is being booked for a comeback in ring of honor.

You could always just look him up on Wikipedia.

He was a big part of ECW towards their end, and he's a very well known and very well respected indy wrestler and has been for over a decade. He's one of the better in-ring workers of the last decade, definitely. To give you an idea, CM Punk has apparently tried to model his career after Steve Corino's, specifically his in-ring work.

Yeah I looked him up on wikipedia just now. I figured Cm Punk was a big fan of his as I can notice some similarities between the two.

I already know quite a bit about Corino, but didn't he once have his "personal" Ring announcer list off about 50 or so deceased wrestlers who had drug problems, to which Punk responded by rattling off a list of drugs he's never done?

that wouldn't surprise me. I know there is a picture of Steve Corino dressed up in the same way that punk usually was and he had beer me written on his stomach.

He is The Last Great Journeyman Champion. A Title that I said and asked him about on another forum, the response he gave is my sig. Never worked WCW or WWE as a full time wrestler. done well over 50 tours of Japan, considering that this is one of the most that anyone has done within the last decade. I think only Brody, Abdullah, The Funks and Stan Hansen have done more but Im not sure on that.

yes Sly this is Shadowmancer bait.

journeyman champion is a champion that moves around a lot, it is an old school term to describe the NWA Champion back in the day

I fucking love that Bizkit promo, one of my favorites.

DON'T YOU HAVE ANY RESPECT FOR YOURSELVES?!

Truer words were never spoken Steve.

Journeyman champion is a champion that goes from place to place, defending the title wherever he goes. Back in the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s and most of the 80s, wrestling was based on territories. The NWA Champion would go from territory to territory year round, beating the regional star but making them look far better than they could in the process. Flair made a career of his own and several other careers doing this. He started the Lawler vs. Jimmy Hart in Memphis feud that went on forever. The idea was simple: the champion came to town once a year or so, so when he was there it was a huge deal. Once cable television became a factor this died though because you can see him every week on TV. Why should I care that he's going to be here?

The chair shot he gets from Axl looks absolutely painful. Would not want to be on the wrong end of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back