• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just watched The True Story of Wrestlemania

SSJPhenom

The Phenom of WZ
And it was pretty good.

What I really liked about it is that they showed the proper amount of respect to Hogan for all that he did to make 'Mania as huge as it is.

They also hyped the hell out of HBK and 'Taker.

It was a good documentary.

So you would say it was worth the buy? I was thinking about getting it myself.

That's all it really takes for you, isn't it?

Not really. What I bought it for was the matches, but the documentary was a good story and it is worth the buy.

BTW, I really like how you attacked my love for 'Taker and HBK and completely ignored what I said I really liked about it. Thought you were one of those, "Hogan is a wrestling GOD folks".

I watched it this afternoon. It's okay, but I was expecting more. Also, Triple H outright contradicting what he's said over the last few weeks is hilarious.

I'm gonna watch it at some point.

Any other highlights?

Yea. They pretty much go into detail about the thought process behind most of the 'Manias. They point out what each 'Mania was built around and what the best matches from each 'Mania are. Along with some behind the scenes footage of Vince doing some producing and of the wrestlers talking with the production team on what to do.

It's pretty good.

Not really. What I bought it for was the matches, but the documentary was a good story and it is worth the buy.

BTW, I really like how you attacked my love for 'Taker and HBK and completely ignored what I said I really liked about it. Thought you were one of those, "Hogan is a wrestling GOD folks".
First of all, quotation fail.

Second of all, you could have just as easily said that you liked the part about stadium noise. You know, something that actually still has some novelty coming from the mouths of WWE stars as opposed to the standard Taker/Michaels party lines which we've all heard a million times and which you would have continued to subscribe to blindly even if you hadn't heard it for the million and first time.

First of all, quotation fail.

Second of all, you could have just as easily said that you liked the part about stadium noise. You know, something that actually still has some novelty coming from the mouths of WWE stars as opposed to the standard Taker/Michaels party lines which we've all heard a million times and which you would have continued to subscribe to blindly even if you hadn't heard it for the million and first time.

The part about the stadium noise isn't all that important.

Anybody with half of a brain knows that in a smaller venue, the noise will appear to be louder.

That's why morons on boards like this have tried to convince me that the crowd at WM23 was apathetic to the main event, right? People need to hear basic shit like that and not the usual party lines because (and this is important) wrestling fans are stupid.

I watched it this afternoon. It's okay, but I was expecting more. Also, Triple H outright contradicting what he's said over the last few weeks is hilarious.

Yea. He says in the documentary that he doesn't think the streak should ever be broken, but you could tell that, that interview is a few years old.

It's still funny as hell though.

That's why morons on boards like this have tried to convince me that the crowd at WM23 was apathetic to the main event, right? People need to hear basic shit like that and not the usual party lines because (and this is important) wrestling fans are stupid.

You may have a point here.

It's a simple concept to grasp, though. Stadiums are huge. Arenas are smaller. So in an arena, the crowd will, 90% of the time at 'Mania, seem electric as hell.

You may have a point here.

It's a simple concept to grasp, though. Stadiums are huge. Arenas are smaller. So in an arena, the crowd will, 90% of the time at 'Mania, seem electric as hell.
Edge (I think) mentioned that the workers were thrown off by it. So clearly wrestlers are also stupid.

Edge (I think) mentioned that the workers were thrown off by it. So clearly wrestlers are also stupid.

Yea. He was talking about TLC from 'Mania 17(which was the best all around 'Mania IMO and the best TLC match IMO). He said he thought they were ripping it up but the crowd seemed to be not into it. Then he said he watched it back and they were coming "Un-glued" as it were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back