Just Watched Dynamite Kid: A Matter of Pride

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
I got a free copy so decided to watch it (as you'd do with free stuff).

What I knew of Dynamite Kid before watching is he was extremely talented, his work ethic was superhuman-esq, had an extremely short temper, was juicing like there was no tomorrow, got knocked out by Jacques Rougeu and a roll of quarters, and that he inspired guys like Chris Benoit, Daniel Bryan and Davey Richards to become wrestlers.

What I learn't having watched it is Jesus H. Christ this dude was an animal inside the ring! He once wrestled actually crippled in pain just because he wanted to. Didn't need the money, was told he could take a rest but instead decided to do it because apparently he found sitting backstage boring.

He was also at one point the most feared guy in WWE's locker room, at a time when guys like Hulk Hogan and Andre were present.

I recommend it, very interesting, great insight into DK and wrestling overall.

I'll watch it on the off-chance it ever becomes available in England. If not I'll just re-read Pure Dynamite.

I'll watch it on the off-chance it ever becomes available in England. If not I'll just re-read Pure Dynamite.

It's a lot different to Pure Dynamite apparently, at least that's how the DVD is presented. Bret, Jim, Honky Tonk Man and others including Dynamite say he wrote is for the money and because he was bitter, but these days hes not as bad, instead hes actually been reconciling with the guys he was friends with in the business, even helping Harry Smith with some tips before he went to NJPW.

Well that's a shame. By all accounts Dynamite was a cunt. A documentary highlighting that would be worth watching.

Oh no, it highlights everything bad he did, he even admits with reluctance to being a bully.

He was also the ultimate ribber/prankster. He terrorized Terry Taylor to tears on several occasions. Not to mention beat the hell out of Jacques Rougeu for complaining to the office about pranks Curt Henning was pulling at the time. It also makes Henning come across as a bit of an asshole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back