• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just Waiting on the Return of Abyss

Kris Benwa

Krissssssss Benwa...Benwa
Man this Joseph Park character sucks. I used to like him when he looked he was gonna have something to do with Abyss but now in the direction that he's in now it makes me sick. I want the old Abyss back with the creepy music and creepy manager James Mitchell. That's when TNA was more hardcore had the 6 sided ring and it's own alternative set of characters. Can we all agree that TNA era was the shit?

well abyss has returned many times in tna, but then will dissapear.
i was hoping joseph park was gonna find out that he's abyss. "pysho gimmick"
you know theres nothing for abyss to do now. when ace's and 8's we're fighting with mem abyss was a perfect guy to help mem, but now really abyss has nothing to do i couldnt see abyss fighting ego or fighting robbie e or that other guy with robbie e. so in a way i guess tna keeping abyss off tv until they make a good gimmick and storyline for him. but i do think abyss is much more over than joseph park. good thread keep it going.

Man this Joseph Park character sucks. I used to like him when he looked he was gonna have something to do with Abyss but now in the direction that he's in now it makes me sick. I want the old Abyss back with the creepy music and creepy manager James Mitchell. That's when TNA was more hardcore had the 6 sided ring and it's own alternative set of characters. Can we all agree that TNA era was the shit?

Much like the attitude era, it's not coming back. You need to move on brother.
Now about Abyss, if anything you should be happy with the direction he's moving in. Stevie wonder could see that they are building towards Abyss coming back and Joseph Park figuring out that him and Abyss are the same person. Joe Park was a good character but putting him in the BFG series was a bad move and now he has to go.

well abyss has returned many times in tna, but then will dissapear.
i was hoping joseph park was gonna find out that he's abyss. "pysho gimmick"
you know theres nothing for abyss to do now. when ace's and 8's we're fighting with mem abyss was a perfect guy to help mem, but now really abyss has nothing to do i couldnt see abyss fighting ego or fighting robbie e or that other guy with robbie e. so in a way i guess tna keeping abyss off tv until they make a good gimmick and storyline for him. but i do think abyss is much more over than joseph park. good thread keep it going.

I'm guessing whats going to end up happening is Park is going to willingly go to the darkside to help Eric Young at BFG but by doing it that way, he won't be snapping out of it that time. Perhaps the new Abyss won't wear a mask or something and be a little more talkative like the Abyss that was quoting Sun Tsu they should have never gotten rid of, that was gold.

Abyss is the tv champion, but is'nt on tv?
this is really funny! but however the tv championship was written out and so was abyss, don,t wait for abyss to return cause when abyss does return tna won't do it right.

Thanks for the "good thread" compliment it was my first.
I hope he does return. I was watching the old TNA stuff like Monsters Ball 2 and that was when TNA was great. Abyss needs to return but hopefully they can do it right. Also I don't even remember Devon losing the TV title or anything.

An Abyss return would be counter-productive.

Face it, whatever mystique that character had died a long time ago. It started with that AWFUL Abyss-a-Mania storyline with Hulk Hogan, where Hogan's HOF ring was used a supernatural instrument to give Abyss powers. Abyss and Janice happened in there somewhere. Janice, a weapon so dangerous, TNA could never show Abyss actually using it, because there's no way in hell you can show someone attacking another person with a weapon covered in nails, and maintain a shred of believability, because Janice was capable of killing someone. Then, TNA inexplicably turned Abyss into this feeble-minded clapping child.

The character is done for. TNA can bring Abyss back, but I'm not too sure a significant amount of people would give a shit, because again, the character is dead. TNA hammered one too many nails into Abyss' coffin, and the character is more of a joke than anything now.

Joesph Park peaked a long time ago, but the character is more tolerable than Abyss, by far. It's a catch-22 dilemma, but Joesph Park is just the better option, when you start weighing all the negatives and positives. Park is still good for a few cheap laughs, and some comedy every now and then. Abyss? The character is loaded with too many negatives from past storylines.

i really hated Abyss. he was nothing more than a cheap Kane clone. but Chris Park has impressed the hell out of me with his acting and in-character ring work.

that being said, the creative team in TNA has written Joseph Park very poorly (as with pretty much all things- KEEP IT UP BISCH!), they need to do something with AByss, Joseph Park, or even another whole new character. whatever. just give Chris Park something to flex his unique talent

i really hated Abyss. he was nothing more than a cheap Kane clone. but Chris Park has impressed the hell out of me with his acting and in-character ring work.

that being said, the creative team in TNA has written Joseph Park very poorly (as with pretty much all things- KEEP IT UP BISCH!), they need to do something with AByss, Joseph Park, or even another whole new character. whatever. just give Chris Park something to flex his unique talent

I think that ship has long sailed now, when Abyss returned to face Aces & Eights in that six man tag I thought he would become a key player, and I thought then they would do the "reveal". If you remember in a segment Sting knew that they were the same person, "You're going to keep kayfabbing me to the very end huh Joseph?" but then they kinda just dropped it.

I think it would be much better if the Joseph/Abyss thing was just kept as an open secret, and never outright stated.

Which of the two characters I prefer? Joseph by far. The lawyer gimmick with the Abyss moments is just such a unique character. And the shape he's in now he's much better in that comedy style. When he did that recent Abyss returned he was very out of shape, doing big boots that barely reached over the belly button!

Well they can easily right that they could have someone beat the shit out of Joseph park he comes back in a few months as Abyss. It's been awhile since we seen the goofy stupid stories with him like they and the hall of fame ring. I think if they just return just as vicious or even more so in the early to mid 2000's it would work.

If Chris hit the Gym and lost some of the weight that he has put on, Then I would love to see The Abyss character return to TNA, When Chris debuted in TNA he really did make the Abyss character work and while it was a bit of a kane/mankind rip off, I really did enjoy watching his work in the ring and found that he moved really well for a big guy, But since he has put on some weight, He really does not look as impossing as he once did and his movement in the ring has suffered because of it. Sure his Joseph Park Character fits his current build a lot better and it has shown that Chris is much better on the Mic then people first gave him credit for, But the joseph parks character has now become boring and I can't wait for Joseph to finally loss it and return to being the Monster that he once was.

If Chris hit the Gym and lost some of the weight that he has put on, Then I would love to see The Abyss character return to TNA, When Chris debuted in TNA he really did make the Abyss character work and while it was a bit of a kane/mankind rip off, I really did enjoy watching his work in the ring and found that he moved really well for a big guy, But since he has put on some weight, He really does not look as impossing as he once did and his movement in the ring has suffered because of it. Sure his Joseph Park Character fits his current build a lot better and it has shown that Chris is much better on the Mic then people first gave him credit for, But the joseph parks character has now become boring and I can't wait for Joseph to finally loss it and return to being the Monster that he once was.

This.

Last time he was Abyss he looked like a masked homeless person (something he'd been looking like for a while) and he was sloppy as hell If he lost some weight and wasn't acting like a ******ed child I'd be more inclined to give the Abyss character another shot. Heck the duality between the Joseph Park character and Abyss could have a great payoff. However right now I'd rather just leave Joseph Park where he is.

The Joseph Park character needs to go...and now with Hogan out of the picture, the timing couldn't be better. Heres how it should go down...

A brand new monster nobody has ever seen before appears in the ring to take Parks out. Parks sees blood and tries to 'hulk up' but it has no effect and this monster completley detroy's him and when I say destroy him, I mean he smashes his glasses and shreds his gym suit. It's not a pretty sight. Once Parks has been battered beyond recognition, the monster carries him out of the arena never to be seen again for 8 months

8 months goes by. Abyss returns brand new mask/ attire. etc..

Abyss needs to come back already. I miss the flying through barbed wire destroying his body Abyss, not the "I'm incredibly articulate and can't shave without people trying to save my life" Joseph Parks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back