Just looked at the PWI 500...

DrMantisToboggan

Dark Match Jobber
Just looked at the PWI 500 for 2011 and I must say, what were they thinking? I'm sure this has been brought up before but how can they have Miz at number 1? CM Punk is the only answer for the number 1 guy of 2011. Miz may have main evented WM but from June on CM Punk dominated the business. Miz's match at WM is a blowfest compared to the Punk/Cena match. I think to make that even worse is the fact the Punk is 10, behind guys like Mr. Anderson, Kane, Alberto Del Rio, and Rey Mysterio. Is there something I'm missing? A Wikipedia article sabotaged again? They released the "wrestler of the year" prior to the end of the year? It's gotta be something because I don't see how anyone could say the Miz was the best guy. I wouldn't have even been mad if they had John Cena number 1 but not The Miz.

Just looked at the PWI 500 for 2011 and I must say, what were they thinking? I'm sure this has been brought up before but how can they have Miz at number 1? CM Punk is the only answer for the number 1 guy of 2011. Miz may have main evented WM but from June on CM Punk dominated the business. Miz's match at WM is a blowfest compared to the Punk/Cena match. I think to make that even worse is the fact the Punk is 10, behind guys like Mr. Anderson, Kane, Alberto Del Rio, and Rey Mysterio. Is there something I'm missing? A Wikipedia article sabotaged again? They released the "wrestler of the year" prior to the end of the year? It's gotta be something because I don't see how anyone could say the Miz was the best guy. I wouldn't have even been mad if they had John Cena number 1 but not The Miz.

Yes there is something you're missing. Something very important. The 500 is not for the calendar year 2011. I belive the grading period was from June 2010-May 2011. That means it was put out even before Punk gave his famous "shoot" promo on Raw. Nothing after May 2011 counts toward this achievement. Punk has a pretty good chance at number 1 in 2012 when that issue comes out this summer.

The Brain is right, it's not really for the calendar year of 2011. If it were, then I would agree- you would have to give the #1 spot to Punk. But since that's not the case, it makes sense that Miz won it. The end of 2010 into early 2011 was all about the Miz in the WWE. He was champion during that time, and main-evented Wrestlemania (going on last), defeating John Cena in defense of his belt. He really was on top during that time, so I can see why they gave it to him.

But to the point that you were trying to make- obviously Miz won't be #1 or too close to the top anyway for the 2012 list. It probably will CM Punk, as you asserted. I don't really see who else could truly contest him for that spot. I think it's clearly his.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back