• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HHH tops the PWI 500 List.

How many times has this man come back from injuries? How many times has this man gotten a new championship reign? And, how many times have buyrates or ratings been affected when any of the aforementioned things have happened? None that I can honestly think of.
Those are exactly questions I'm asking you to find numbers for to prove there is no change from, because you can't claim there's no effect when Triple H has come back from injury, or when Triple H has been champion and in the main events of ppvs/cards based on sheer assumption.

Do you want me to break out a regression analysis for you? I'll gladly do it if you're willing to do the same.

I'm not the one claiming Triple H isn't any kind of draw or doesn't effect the ratings in the least, as you are. But sure, we can do this and compare our findings.

I remember Shawn Michaels, Brutus Beefcake and Men On A Mission getting pops similar in size to HHH's. I can't really attest to the drawing abilities of the latter two acts, but I can assure you that pops mean jack shit in terms of dollars if Shawn Michaels' time on top in the mid-1990s is taken in as evidence.

Where'd you pull this nonsense from? Brutus Beefcake and Men On A Mission have had larger pops then all of the WWE rosters? Riiiight. Makes perfect sense. I believe you, really I do. Shawn Michaels sure, but he was hugely over, the main event man for quite some time, so yes he certainly had huge fan support and recieved great responses back in the day and even now.

Also, you're the one here asking for evidence, yet you try to say that HHH gets the loudest pops, therefore he must be the man that fans come to see? Hey, Shaq got the biggest pops all night on RAW last week, but he wasn't announced as the guest host until Washingtonians had already bought their tickets way in advance. By your logic then, these people are clairvoyant.

Oh, getting the loudest pops doesn't matter? Then tell me, as you just clamed Shaq got the biggest pop of the night, why did the ratings for RAW jump from 3.5 to 4.0 all because of Shaq being on the show? Right, because reactions equal ratings. TNA would die to go up .5 in ratings, Shaq did it in one appearance.

Man, you sure do talk a big game. But, honestly, all I ever do is see you throw around words like tool, smark, silly, and asinine. As I said before, I'll gladly do my research. But, when it's done, I know to expect jack shit from you except a response akin to "But, you're dumb smark, therefore you're not qualified to comment on these matters."

Do the research then. When its done, if nothing's effected in the numbers by Triple H being in the main event or headlining the cards/shows compared to when he's not there and others are, then I'll gladly accept that you have a point. I'm not ignorant enough to turn a blind eye to facts and proof to hold on to my opinion. And I don't think you're a dumb smark, I think you're making statements because of a dislike for Triple H not because he's actually the negative you're claiming him to be.

Holy shit...I live in the DC area, and I have you down to a tee, but I didn't even read this portion of your post until now! Do you think I'm a clairvoyant as well? Is it a virus/disease that is communicable through the air? You seem to know everything (including what millions of WWE fans like), so, I thought it only right to ask you.

You don't have me down in any way, you're assuming blindly just as you're assuming things with Triple H. Let's see that proof!

And you're missing the reasons Triple H was chosen for number 1 on this list. He was on top during that top, the champion for most of it, and unfortunately when you're the champion and main eventing and for that amount of the year then you're viewed as the Top guy.

Surely #1 should have gone to John Morrison. He's just so ripped and does some awesome flips.......

You wanna know why HHH got the #1 spot? Because in February, he achieved something that he's never done in the 15 odd years he's been in the 'E'........................

He finally pinned the Undertaker without someone having to blast 'Taker from behind beforehand.

Ok, all jokes aside, i too don't really see why HHH was given the #1 rank in PWI. As it's a kayfabe magazine, the main reason would probably be, that between this year and last, he's had the longest reign with the WWE Title out of everyone else who's had it? Edge, Hardy, Batista and Jericho all had month long reigns (Batista didn't even get that). Cena's only lasted about 2 months at most, as did Punks, and Orton's was only 3, and the current one is also only about 6 weeks isn't it? How long did HHH have it last year, like twice as long as Orton or something? Also, to be fair he did have a half decent match with Khali, which no one else has managed ever. So i'd agree that he belongs in the top 4 or 5 from a kayfabe perspective but just like everyone else, I'd personally have picked Jericho to be #1, but his awful World title reigns are probably what kept him from the top spot imo.

The short simple truth is this:

Honestly... who else? Nobody else did anything worth getting the top spot. Triple H had a 5 month plus title reign which is unheard of by title reigns these days and the hot potato the WWE played with the titles towards the last quarter of 08 until WM25. The only logical option would be Jericho. I believe if Jericho would have held the title from the first time he won it in 08 and not dropped it to Batista for the 3 weeks or a month, and not to Cena as a return gift at SSeries and waited until Mania to drop it, it would have put Jericho right in the race with HHH. Pair that pretty even reign with Jericho's amazing feud with HBK and amazing feud and matches with Mysterio (even if it was just the IC Title), and HHH's awful feud with Orton... that would have put Jericho on top easily. But that wasn't how it happened and nobody else deserved it. Somehow we are all kinda surprised with HHH's top spot, but really... who else?

And just to add... at this time next year if WWE can do things right...and they have been so far... we will be discussing CM Punk's spot at the top of the PWI 500. Because so far... he's owning his newly found heel character and is kicking ass with it. I hope to see him at the top of most hated wrestler and the PWI 500. Punk in 2010!

I'd say it shouldve been given to Chris jericho. Two world titles, broke his own IC record,TWICE, and had one of the greatest rivalrys ever with the Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels. Match of the year winner and Slammy award winner what more do the PWI want. It was one of the best face to heel turns i have ever seen when he put HBKs head through the jeriton.

HHH had a good year too, dont get me wrong, but how is he better than Y2J?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back