Just an Idea

Bad or Good Idea?

• Good

• Bad

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disturbed

Championship Contender
I just happened to be watching WCW Bash at the Beach 98 on WWE classics. The Main Event was Dennis Rodman and Hulk Hogan vs. DDP and Karl Malone. Now I know this would never ever happened and the match would all together suck. But I got an idea for WWE to get a lot of publicity and a lot of PPV buys which equals= More Money, More Money, More Money.

Lebron James and Kobe Bryant are the two best players in the NBA right now. NBA fans argue about whose better every day. John Cena and Randy orton are the two most popular superstars in WWE right now.

So heres the idea:
John Cena and Lebron James vs. Randy Orton and Kobe Bryant. Obviously the match would be terrible and it would never happen. But if it did happen do you think this would be a good idea?

I think it would be good for WrestleMania, Maybey not a tag match but Lebron could manage Cena and Kobe could manage Orton. But it's right smack dab in middle of NBA season and the NBA would not let it happen but maybey summerslam?

If WWE went with the idea. Do you think it would be a good or bad idea? Just think of all the money they would make.

Can i go with horrible?
Theres absolutely NO way that would happen at wrestlemania, Especially with the two top faces in the company. Lebron and Kobe should be nowhere near the ring, and the only way they would be is if they host RAW.
If they were to have a match for some reason, it would probably end up being a pick your poison type of match, Lebron picks someone to fight for him and Kobe picks someone to fight for him, but i really dont even see either of them guest hosting RAW.

I dont see how they would make an extra money, maybe a slight boost in the ratings, unless they did something stupid like make T-shirts.

really terrible idea, it would be just as bad as the guest hosts, people who arent wrestlers should stay out of the ring!
having Lebron and Bryant managing two people like cena and ortan would make cena and ortan look bad
the only way this could ever work is if it was done as part as a comedy thing so something like Lebron and santino vs Bryant and Zach ryder

i didnt realise this was a thread about spelling
and NO there is no way this could ever be a classic...EVER

Look it's just an idea and I know a match would suck but if they managed them and it could be a WWE/World Title Unification match. It could still be a classic and Orton Could RKO Lebron and Kobe both after the match.

i didnt realise this was a thread about spelling
and NO there is no way this could ever be a classic...EVER
So you are saying Orton and Cena can't have a classic match? That's what it looks like. Have you seen any of there matches. i didnt realise this was a thread about spelling? lol

it could be classic with a few things kept in mind, its pretty stale at the moment, so maybe in a few years.. hopefully if cena turns heel at one stage and orton is still tweener, just as long as theres no celebrities involved

Yeah but if you're going to bring in the two players it wouldn't work unless one was heel, one was face. I think it's safe to say LeBron would be heel, and the more likely of those two to be heel would be Orton, so that itself doesn't match.

Yea lets not have that happen that would suck totally....but i like that you but that lil trading ass b**** Lebron with another loser John Cena.....Kobe and Orton all damn day

well thats a creative idea, ill give you that one. i honestly wouldnt care to see that match. only reason Rodman was in wcw is because hes friends with Hogan.

I did say it wouldn't be any good but just think of the publicity. I don't like cena either but face it he's the top dog. Lebron isn't a trader. If he was a trader then that would mean he was going to Miami for more money. Cleveland offered him more money but he went to Miami because it's a better team and he wants and needs a championship. Cleveland couldn't get the job done. Kobe is better when the games on the line, under pressure, and great in the clutch. But Lebron is better in a regular game. Kobe and the Lakers are punks.

You know what, how about we make a movie star the world champion. I think David Arquette is a good choice. Oh, wait...

Bottom line is that not anyone can be entertaining in a pro-wrestling ring. Sure, the hype would sell. But in the long run, it would turn OFF viewers. They'd watch the product once, see that it's shit, and then never tune in again.

Bad idea.

NO NBA fans would watch it then WWE could make the rest of the show something great. Then NBA fans would like not only the main event but the rest of the matches so they would watch it more.

I did say it wouldn't be any good but just think of the publicity. I don't like cena either but face it he's the top dog. Lebron isn't a trader. If he was a trader then that would mean he was going to Miami for more money. Cleveland offered him more money but he went to Miami because it's a better team and he wants and needs a championship. Cleveland couldn't get the job done. Kobe is better when the games on the line, under pressure, and great in the clutch. But Lebron is better in a regular game. Kobe and the Lakers are punks.

LMAO Keep that up and you're gonna get people on an entirely different topic.

I see where you're going in general. Your idea is sound as they've done stuff like this multiple times. But your logic is flawed in who you picked. Kobe Bryant is not colorful at all. He's a very serious individual who wouldn't even consider anything remotely close to anything like this in the WWE. Lebron James, maybe if you paid him enough. He's all about himself, so something else that promotes his brand would be an upside, but at the same time he doesn't really need it so he'd probably say no too. If you want to try something a little more realistic you'd better go with Ron Artest and whoever he (might) be competing in the Finals with next year.

Another thing is you'd probably have to pick other wrestlers. Gimmick matches like this are usually low enough on the card in the WWE that it's not likely gonna be close enough to the main event to take both Cena and Orton. You can't realistically hype up this match enough to be in the main event. Not to mention you couldn't have titles involved.

I think it's a ghastly idea, but only because I have no idea who the two people you're suggesting actually are...

I know.. lets stick Mike Atherton and Geoff Boycott in there too... =)

Bad idea.

The mainstream media will never accept pro wrestling. It's a battle Vince McMahon can't win. He might keep trying and trying, but it just won't happen. ESPN would always take shots at WWE on Sportscenter after an athlete guest hosted Raw, and things wouldn't change here. There would be some buzz created from this, but I highly doubt this would turn more people into wrestling fans. Also, most celebrity wrestling matches tend to be terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back