Jushin Thunder Liger to Appear at NXT Takeover

Messiah

WWE Champion
WWE tweet out the following

BREAKING: International Superstar Jushin "Thunder" Liger to appear at #NXTTakeover: Brooklyn! wwe.me/PIPxO

That's huge news, he's arguably one of biggest names in the history of Japanese wrestling.

With the possible exception of Ultimo Dragon, Liger is basically viewed as King of the Cruiser/Junior/Light Heavyweights as he's won pretty much every major title around the world over the course of his career. While he's getting up there, he can still deliver in the ring, he still has name value in the United States and there's a huge novelty factor in this in that NXT management is willing to reach out to major stars from other promotions.

Outside of Muta, who is my favorite wrestler of all time, Liger is one of the greatest names to ever come out of Japan - I think that he will add a great spark to the event & will put on one hell of a match, he's an amazing competitor & if you ever get the chance to see him live don't pass it up

there's a huge novelty factor in this in that NXT management is willing to reach out to major stars from other promotions.

THAT is one of the hugest points in this, and that I find shocking this new level of WWE management is open to doing.....One offs with other huge names that will appeal to this niche of fan. Its such a huge, positive thing, and its a breakthrough for sure.

Anyways, this is obviously brain-exploding levels of amaze-balls, and I cant wait to be there live. Liger can still move with the best of them, and Breeze is a fine talent for him to dance with.

Who knows what does this opens to wwe bringing in talents of his caliber with great history world wide. I always wanted to see muta in wwe

I wonder if its the plan to make NXT as a worldwide trending brand as a part of WWE but I love this idea of bringing in these Legends into NXT for cameo appearances. If that's a initial process for introducing a New Cruiser Weight Championship in NXT, I wouldn't complain that either but my fantasy is going wayward.

Cheers!!

I seriously can't wait to see this. I've become a fan more recently, but I am overly hyped up for this takeover.

One of the guys Ive always wanted to see in the WWE who hasn't ever been as far as I know, Would rather have seen his debut a bigger deal like to compete at Summerslam

I think this perhaps one-off appearance may lead to a 2016 hall of fame induction. What are all your thoughts on this?

I think this perhaps one-off appearance may lead to a 2016 hall of fame induction. What are all your thoughts on this?

I agree with this.

There may be a couple of more appearances from Liger down the line but for all he's achieved in his career it would be nice to see him in a WWE ring.

I have a question. I remember them bringing in some black guy who apparently was a big deal and they even drew a lot of attention to his contract signing. This was...months ago, I think even before Joe came aboard. Who was he and what happened with him? Did the deal fall through? Has he just not appeared yet?

Hell, if they can do this with Liger, maybe a NXT Women's match between Emma and Manami Toyota or Kana may not be out of the question after all. *prays*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back