• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Judgment Day: Mickie James vs. Beth Phoenix vs. Melina

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Women's Title Match
Triple Threat Match
Mickie James (Champion) vs. Beth Phoenix vs. Melina

Melina & Mickie are incredibly overrated. They can do no wrong in a lot of peoples eyes. Even though they coast along only on their charisma. Mickie appears to be the new Trish, I'm not arguing about that. She's poor. Beth Phoenix is ok, but has a severe lack of personality. So for once she'll be in a match that people care about, and react to. Not because of her, but because of who she's facing.

Fuck yes. This is gonna be badass. Easily the three best woman workers WWE has. They know it, we know it, so I think they will be doing their best to put on something very good here. I am really REALLY looking forward to seeing what these girls have, and seeing Melina in a tweener role. Probably both girls trying to team up on beth the whole match, then Mickie stealing a win somehow. Should be 3/4 of the way decent, for a WWE womens match.

I'm with NorCal. This will finally be a women's match on PPV I care about. I wouldn't even mind this one getting some time. Mickie is probably the best of the 3, and EXTREMELY over. But it should be good, these are the top 3 divas when it comes to wrestling (not counting Victoria who is getting the shit end of the stick on SD!:() and Melina's turn was a nice twist, she always got face pops anyways. But in the end Mickie will find a way to retain, probably pinning Beth. Wouldn't mind seeing this kick off the show either.

I doubt it'll kick off the show. Mickie is over, as is Melina. But nobody paid to see that show live for them. They'll have to kick off the show with a star, as they usually do. It'll be up to Kane to get a pop in the first match, and get the crowd going. This will still get a reaction, but it'll buff time between the WHC match and the Steel Cage match. On any other card this would possibly be in another position. But other than the WWE Tag there isn't any filler.

Finally WWE makes a Women's title match with.... WOMEN WHO CAN ACTUALLY WRESTLE!!!! I didn't think it was a really hard concept, but for WWE it must be. I like what they are doing with Beth right now. She is not winning, but at the same time her losses are not like she got dominated, most of them were rollups or something random like that. I think that'll continue as I expect to see Mickie retain here, probably by pinning Melina, but have Beth continue chasing her. Many people wanted this feud for a while, WWE teased it time and time again, but it seems now that we may finally get it.

I'm like everyone, this is a womens championship match that has me excited to watch and not take a piss when its on. Though I expect for most of the match we shall see Mickie and Melina team up against Beth, then they will battle it out. Though knowing the WWE, they wont give this match a lot of and time and I think that is a shame. You have some of the better women wrestlers in the WWE going at it and they deserve some good match time. I do expect Mickie to retain by pinning Melina, but who knows this could carry on to ONS between the three. But kudos for WWE for making a decent Womens match for once.

Mickie the next Trish? No way. Once this feud is over, I'm sure she's going back to mid-card because WWE had no intentions of even giving Mickie a push this year. I can get into detail about it, but I won't unless anyone wants me to. :p

This match should be good. I hope Mickie and Melina are on their A-Game because when they're not, things can get sloppy with them.

I hope it gets good time and I hope it's booked right, please!

I agree with everyone else. This is the WWE's best chance at having a solid divas match. Three of their five best workers (the other two being Natalya and Victoria, when they don't want her to just be a comedic heel) in the same match without some stupid stipulation like a pillow fight or something.

I'm hoping that they put on a good enough show and it gets a good enough reaction that the powers that be realize that the women's division is atrocious and if they actually push the people that can wrestle a decent match, its more interesting than just cramming the model of the month down our throats. I could make a lot of jokes here, since the women are hot, but I'll take the high road haha.

This is best diva match we will see in a while IMO. Basically, we have 3 of the best diva workes in the WWE battling. I think that this is pretty much a filler match though. Basically just to work in the diva's title...... which, I just realised in being defended on a ppv. Which it hasn't since. Well, I don't remember, but I'm sure it was a while back.

This should be a pretty good wrestling match though. I expect Mickie to pull out the win.

I really can't believe how everybody is existed about this match and there saying that those 3 are the best 3 workers in the woman's division. O.k, so i can'T argue that Beth is the one of the best wrestler out of the whole woman'S division, and Mickie is a pretty good wrestler but come on, Melina isn't all that great. The only reason she get praise a lot is because of her charisma. Has for the match itself am not sure who is going to win but something is sure, Melina will be the one getting pin.

Top 5 (current) Diva workers:
1. Victoria
2. Tie between Glamazon and Mickie (they work well together because of great feuds in past orgs).
4. Melina
5. Natalie

I feel sorry for Victoria, because she really should be getting a big push on RAw instead of SmackDUD. The reason Mickie is so high up on my list is because she can make others look good (or passible). Victoria is the same way.

I think that this is going to be a pretty decent 3-way (unfortunately just not the kind I would really like to see- HA!). I hope they keep the belt on Mickie for now and have a decent chase up to Summerslam. She DOES deserve the push. Hell, Candice was the one in line for the push until she got busted up. And she sucks (and not in THAT good way).

TheJujuMan

The fact is, WWE doesn't have the women to be able to pull off decent feuds lately. It's painfully obvious that very few of the women wwe hire would last in any self-respecting women's division.

However, these are best that they have with the exception of Victoria, and at least throwing them in together means that in theory this will be the least sloppy women's match in quite a while.

I see mickie retaining over Melina, not pinning Beth. But at the end of it all, it does't accomplish much since the glass-clavicled one will be back to get another push (and probably another fall), further sliding mainstream women's wrestling towards it's grave with the bunny ear shaped tombstone

Top 5 (current) Diva workers:
1. Victoria
2. Tie between Glamazon and Mickie (they work well together because of great feuds in past orgs).
4. Melina
5. Natalie

Wait a minute, explain to me how Victoria is a better worker than Mickie James, Beth Phoenix, or Jillian Hall? Victoria doesn't draw, she hasn't been big since her debut. The crowd doesn't care about Victoria, and it was extremely evident when her mini push a year ago flopped.

I feel sorry for Victoria, because she really should be getting a big push on RAw instead of SmackDUD.

Why? Victoria can't even get a reaction from the crowd, let alone put on a match that the crowd would care about. the only thing she's really good for now is elevating the nobodies on Smackdown (which is what WWE is having her do)

The reason Mickie is so high up on my list is because she can make others look good (or passible). Victoria is the same way.

But yet you placed Victoria above Mickie on your list. Mickie can not only get a stable reaction from the crowd (unlike Victoria) but she can also make the crowd care about her matches. Which makes Mickie a much better worker than Victoria overall, by definition. The same aspects can be applied to Melina, Beth, and Jillian.

What good does it do Victoria if she puts on good matches that no one cares about?

She DOES deserve the push.

a lot more than Victoria does apparently

This is the first women's match on a ppv that i have been looking forward to watching in ages its about time WWE put actual women with wrestling skills & the ability to put a good match instead of the bunnys like Ashley that cant wrestle thier way out of a paper bag & are only there to stand there and look pretty.
I wish they would make it a Fatal four way though by adding Jillian to the mix. Should be a good womens match with Mickie retaining the belt by hitting her DDT & pinning Melina.

The only way victoria can manoveur her way to a push is if she steps it up a gear. At the minute she's sort of in the middle...not really a heel because no-one cares. If she wants to be a heel, they need to make her 100% pure bitch heel.

However, I think as far as WWE women's matches go, this is as close to their best option as they can actually get. It allows beth to come out of the match looking strong still if melina takes the pin, and sets up a grudge match or two to keep ashley away for a while longer hopefully

I'm excited for this match, but I'm going into it with an unknown curiousity. On one side I'm listening to the rumors of a divas Ladder match that'll take place at Night of Champions, so I question if they'd take the Championship off Mickie James, only to put it right back on her before that Pay Per View. (assuming they want Mickie to carry it into the ladder match)

On the other hand, I'm excited about this because as its been pointed out these are quite possibly the 3 best Divas on Monday Night Raw right now, and a Triple Threat match between them could rival that of some of the recent multi-man 3-ways that've happened. With the recent Phoenix/Melina split, it makes this match split right down the middle with noone siding with anyone. Although I'm sure Phoenix and Melina may make some type of 'agreement' to take out their common enemy first, then go at each other.

The funny thing is, Mickie James & Melina need to work together, otherwise Phoenix has the ability and power to wipe them both out. Any way you look at it, this match may still get slotted between the two Championship matches.. but if it does, I don't think the crowd will be quiet for it. I think this will be the first "hot" diva match in a long time, and W.W.E.'s plan to cool the crowd between Heavyweight Championships might backfire if they stick this one there.

People appear to be getting pretty excited about this match. Not sure why. When Mickie faced Beth at Armageddon nobody gave a shit. I don't see what's changed. Now they've just added Melina. It's not like she can wrestle, so I don't see how this is suddenly going to become some great wrestling experience. It'll only get more of a reaction. Because instead of one of the wrestlers having a personality the fans care about, tehy now have two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back