Joss Whedon Finishing Justice League

SSJPhenom

The Phenom of WZ
It has recently been announced that Zack Snyder has stepped down as director and producer of the Justice League film due to a horrible family tragedy. His 20 year old daughter took her own life. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

Where that leaves Justice League is with the acclaimed director of Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron, Joss Whedon, to finish the film. Principal photography and shooting has already been completed on the film. What Whedon is going to do is finish the editing, cuts, and direct the upcoming reshoots of the film. Despite Snyder's tragedy this is actually great news for the Justice League film as Whedon has a proven track record for putting together great material. This gets me even more excited for Justice League.

The DCEU might actually end up being pretty good.

It's a horrendous tragedy and I feel terrible for Snyder and his family.

The reshoots and editing are not going to change the style or tone of the film, they've already announced. So the change really won't do much of anything.

Not talking about you guys here because you're actually showing sympathy for the guy.

I think it's sick that people are celebrating the fact that this guy is stepping down because his daughter died.

Like what the fuck?

There are people that actually think it's a good thing that the girl killed herself since it means the guy isn't directing anymore.

And that's incredibly fucked up.

I wouldn't wish a tragedy like that on my worst enemy. Idc how much people disliked Man of Steel and BvS. There is nothing good about a 20 yr old woman taking her life. It's an awful thing and as I said above, my thoughts and prayers are with Snyder and his family and friends. I can only imagine the type of pain he's going through right now. Also the guilt of not knowing why she took her life. For the rest of their lives they're going to wonder if there was anything that they could've done to prevent this from happening.

I understand that as far as movies go, Whedon has a better track record than Snyder and as far as the film itself goes, it is a good thing that Whedon is the one taking over, however, under the circumstances that it's happened; there is absolutely no reason to celebrate.

Here is the newest JL trailer. It looks badass. Can't wait

[YOUTUBE]M8jzmpYnd1g[/YOUTUBE]

What do you guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back