Josh Hamilton To The Angels

6timehitta

Big Papa Panty Droppa
That's right folks. Josh Hamilton is now a LA Angel. Reports say he has a 5 year, $125 Million dollar deal. Now myself as a life long Angels Fan say kudos to this. We needed a big bopper to protect King Albert in the lineup. He is also a lefty which will make it intresting for Mike Sciosia in to where to bat him.

Perhaps the biggest news is that he didn't even listen to a counter offer from the Rangers, his previous team.

So what does Hamilton mean for the Angels lineup? Is this good or are the Angels paying too much for an "unknown commodity?" Does this put the Angels at the top of the AL West?

Discuss

The Angels over the past few years have made either big trades or signed big names. I'm sure he's going to help them a lot. Too bad the Cardinals couldn't have gotten him. You jerks already stole Pujols from us.

It will be interesting to see how he plays there but I have no reason to believe he'll play anything but stellar. Good signing by the Angels.

This is easily an overpayment of an unknown product. When he is healthy and not having weak moments and partaking in alcohol, he is one of the best hitters around. But that's the question. Can he stay healthy? Can he live the drug and alcohol free lifestyle in an area where it is probably more prevalent? If he can, and he crushes the ball and produces for the Angels, more power to all involved. If not, well you spent $25 mil a year for him.

Angels should look to spend more towards helping their pitching. Just my thought.

I can only imagine what this team will be in 5-7 years. A lot of money to guys in their mid-late 30s.

Question, how are ticket prices looking in LAA? These big contracts surely have to drive up the cost. I know the tv deal has helped them with money but damn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back