• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Joseph Greaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW

Gimmick Name: Joseph Greaves

Nickname: The Southern Star

Height: 6 ft 2 in

Weight: 222 lbs

Hometown: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Billed From: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Appearance: Practically exactly the same as the sample picture.

----------------Hair Colour/Length: Almost shoulder length, scraggly, dirty blonde hair

----------------Eye Colour: Blue

----------------Facial Hair: Either a slight tinge of stubble or clean shaven

----------------Ring attire: Short black tights with sparkling red or purple designs, similar design and colour on his boots. He also wears a t-shirt to the ring.

----------------Backstage Attire: Kits himself out in in fashion clothes/grunge clothes – jeans, battered Converse, leather jackets etc.

----------------Physical Features: Same as picture, medium height and build.

----------------Tattoos: A small design of the Southern Cross on the inside of his wrist.

Alignment (Heel or Face, not Tweener): Heel

Main Gimmick: Jaded Australian competitor, holds a grudge against Americans for the way they have allegedly stereotyped his home nation and culture.

2 Characteristics of Gimmick:

1. Cold, has a chip on his shoulder full of hate; particularly towards Americans.

2. Believes it is his mission to show that Australians are not only past being a stereotype of Crocodile Dundee/yobo but are superior to America, as well as other countries. Particularly strives to be fitter, (seem) more intelligent, etc. to prove his point.

Strengths/Weaknesses (3 of each):

Strengths:

1. Very, very fast inside the ring as well as being aerobically fit, he rarely tires.
2. Can excel in a variety of different environments/styles, he can brawl, battle on the mat, loves to use weapons and can fly off the top also.
3. Above also else, he loves to get into his opponent’s head inside the ring, especially when he is in control or he knows he is losing it, giving him an opening to take advantage of.

Weaknesses:

1. Inexperienced so he is more likely to make errors in the ring.

2. Can sometimes not focus on specifics in the ring, instead preferring to dole out senseless attacks (ie not going after an injured arm) or bicker with fans.

3. Greaves tends to underestimate opponents, giving him a disadvantage over motivated opponents.

Sample Pic of Wrestler:
dalton_lg2.jpg

Brief History: A fledgling player set to debut in the AFL in Melbourne, Greaves was scouted by a college in Texas to use his incredible right foot in order be a kicker. However, once he arrived Greaves was assaulted with, both joking and insulting, references to his home nation. Greaves quickly left the States and, after learning of the old, out of date stereotypes that many Americans still hold, he then made it his mission to one day travel back to the US and ‘re-educate’ the population. Greaves not only wants to prove that Australia isn’t a backwards country; it is a much better country than any other place on earth. His first centre of ‘re-education’? WZCW!

Entrance Music:

[YOUTUBE]ytf5XEmn_fU[/YOUTUBE]

Entrance Description: Greaves arrogantly saunters down to the ring, his arms outstretched as he does his best to ignore the jeering fans in the front rows. Greaves quickly ascends the corner and sits perched upon it, waiting for his theme music to reach its peak. Once it does, he crosses his arms and poses towards the crowd with his index and middle fingers pointed out. Greaves then dumps his t-shirt to the outside and stands in the middle of the squared circle, a smirk on his greasy mug and his arms set out in his signature pose, showing off his sculpted abs.

Finishing Moves:

Breaking the Trend (Hangman's Facebuster)

15 Most Used Moves: (No finishers, 3 signature moves):

Diving leg drop
Lifting DDT
Belly to back wheelbarrow facebuster

Snap Suplex
Back Suplex
Russian Legsweep
Inverted DDT
Missile Dropkick
Repeated punches to a grounded opponent
Dropkick
Running clothesline
Inverted Alabama Slam
Enzuigiri
Electric chair drop
Flapjack

Sample RP:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

We open up to the scene of a sandy plain, the ground a beautiful mix of orange and yellow dirt. A dusty cane chair is set out and a man is seated on it, his back slumped and an akubra hat sitting over his mound of blonde hair. The man swats a couple of flies away from his tanned face as the camera zooms closer, a broad smile crossing his face.

Joseph Greaves: G’day WZCW, ma’ name’s Joey Greaves. I’m just you’re average Aussie bloke lookin’ to make his name in America; I’m lookin’ to achieve the glory that I’ve been dreamin’ of since I was just a small boy.

After looking the camera dead in the eye with a giant grin, the smile suddenly drops. Greaves rips the akubra from his head, boots the cane chair to the ground and promptly stomps on the hat as it lays still in the golden dirt. Greaves takes a few steps to his right onto a busy street, revealing that the dirt was not a part of desert, just a small patch by the side of the sidewalk. After clearing his throat, Greaves speaks again but his over the top Aussie accent is long gone.

Joseph Greaves: But for the benefit of those listening that aren’t from the good old US of A, let me introduce myself properly. My name is Joseph Greaves and I’m coming to WZCW to not just make my name, to not just dominate, but to prove a point. Sure, you may be thinking I look like your stereotypical Australian but that’s where the labels end. I don’t drink beer as a substitute to water, I can not only construct a sentence properly, I have a world class education and no, I don’t wrestle crocodiles or ride kangaroos, I do my business in the middle of the ring and I do it better than anybody else out there.

Greaves takes a few steps down the sidewalk, revealing a row of modern townhouses and apartments lined down the street.

Joseph Greaves: No, those are the labels that America has placed onto not only myself, but every single one of my countryman. That we are nothing more than hicks, content with mediocrity. But they are wrong, oh yes, you will all see that very soon. America created these stereotypes for their own selfish means, so that they could make a quick buck – but don’t think the rest of the world is any different. But America is not only at fault, you, the rest of the world has accepted these blatant stereotypes too.

As Greaves walks, it is noticeable that the other people walking past are kitted out in pristine suits and expensive accessories as they stroll down perfectly clean streets.

Joseph Greaves: But when I arrive in WZCW, I will be more than happy, trust me, to set all of it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back