• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

John Morrison, we need make you look a little more masculine?

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
If your wondering about the title of this thread, I got it from something The Rock said to Morrison when looking at his fitness magazine photos(some of you probably saw the clip.)

Anyway, the point of this thread is about John Morrison's ring attire and the change I think he should make.

Before I talk about Morrison, I want you to take a look at a few pictures of The Miz.

themizwweprofilesbiodat.png

miz_280x390_840125a.jpg

Now take a look at these pictures and tell me if you notice a difference.

6i48yo.jpg

16ia3cp.jpg

The difference is, in the first set of pictures (Pre- US Title Miz) The Miz is wearing gloves, other arm accessories, and pants/long shorts. He also used to wear that ridiculous hat back then.

In the second set of pictures, The Miz is wearing his current attire. He switched to the traditional trunks, got rid of most of the stuff on his arms, and completely changed his image.

I bring this up because I remember hearing someone say "I never took The Miz seriously until he started wearing trunks." If you asked someone a year, may be a year and half ago who would be the Jannetty - I think most people would of told you The Miz. And if you told those same people Miz would be WWE Champion and most likely defending the title at WM 27 - they'd call you fucking weird and think you had a mental disorder.

The point is, wrestling attire matters. And it might not affect all wrestlers the same (Imagine Orton running out with a 2XL Purple short and denim shorts) but I think the right attire can help spring board certain guys.

Now I'm not saying trunks are the answer, but in this case I think they worked for The Miz. He went from being a guy people thought was carried by Morrison as tag champs, too becoming the US Champ as well as undisputed tag champs with Big Show, and then becoming the creme de la creme and winning the WWE title after winning the MITB.

Now for Morrison, my change would be different. I don't think the trunks would work so well for John, though I could be wrong. He's so skinny, him in trunks would look like Cody Rhodes. I mean it could work, but it's not what I had in mind for now, no need for anymore dudes in underwear.

The change I'd make to Morrison's attire, is get rid of the diva pants and the ballet shoes. By this I mean, get rid of those sleeves on the bottom of his pants or whatever you'd call them.

What I'd really like to see is Morrison wear a wider boot. I think his legs are a problem. He's got small boots and skin tight pants. Hard to take a wrestler serious when hes got pencils for legs.

I mean I think an attire like 90's HBK would suit Morrison well.
He had some bad ass boots back then. Maybe a new boot can even give him a half/full inch lift as well to make him a little taller.

bret_47452.jpg

I think Morrison's leg attire needs to look something like Aj Styles, Cm Punk's, and early Y2J's. It would give the impression he's got a stronger base or lower center of gravity.

top-20-matches-in-wrestlemania-history-20070323040808263-000.jpg

Anyway, this is the type of change that I think could help Morrison.

Your thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back