• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

John Cena's Entrances

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Ever since Wrestlemania 22, John Cena has had special entrances each year at the biggest show of the year. He had the gangster entrance in 2006, drove a car through glass in 2007, the marching band in 2008, an army of clones in 2009, military in 2010, and the choir in 2011.

Which of these entrances was your favorite and why? Which did you like the least? Why? And are there any types of entrances you would like to see him do this year at Wrestlemania 28?

I liked the clone one the most because it paid tribute to his old entrance song plus seeing all those clones looked really cool. The marching band was by the far worst, it was so stupid and felt out of place. I have no major ideas for this year yet. I will wait and see what WWE does.

What about the rest of you?

MODERATOR'S NOTE:
Stick with the topic at hand, or you'll receive an infraction. This isn't The Bar Room.

I really like the Wrestlemania 23 entrence where he crashed through the glass window with the Mustang. To hear those tires screech and that engine rore through the streets of the most famous car city in the world, Detroit, was magical. Me being a huge fan of not only muscle cars but mustangs, I loved it. I know John Cena is also a big fan of cars and that entrence suited him very well. I didn't much care for any of the other entrences. WM22 was cool but a bit over the top and cheesy. WM24 you could barely hear the band and I didn't much care for the choir. WM23 is by far his best entrence to date.

My personal favorite is the Army of clones in 2009. It was a really unexpected and cool entrance. Also, it featured his old music, which i prefer to his current one. It was one of the best entrances ever.

As far as the other ones, the gangster and the Mustang ones were quite good. The band and military ones were fine. I didn't really care about the choir one. It didn't seem to suit him.

Looking forward to what he does at WM 28..

they all come off as cheesy, if i had to pick i'd say the car crashing through glass, for the pure visual. the gangsters came off stupid, the military, which i saw in person was just boring and further perpetuated him as some sort of veteran. the clones was a ripoff of eminem at the video music video awards, fits because he stole and road that gimmick to stardom.

My favorite is the clones because of the reaction of the crowd when his old theme song hit is priceless. Yes we know it mimicked Eminem that's what also made it good.

Favorite? By far its the Chicago gang one. Just the whole theatrics of that made it a pretty awesome entrance

Worse? The choir and band ones. I know he was trying something different, but it didn't work.

His BEST entrance ever? The spaceship entrance from a Royal Rumble, I forget which year but it was a pretty awesome entrance with a "WTF is this" moment before people realized it was Cena.

I do agree though, its time for Cena to stop having special entrances and let other people get them in. Definitely need a live performance of Cult of Personality for Punk. Considering their live sound is pretty consistent with the record, I think Living Colour may take the cake for being the best sounding band during a live entrance.

I liked the army of clones.

The internet was freaking out in the streams chat box when I was watching it. OH NO... MORE CENAZ?!?

I loled hard at that entrance.. thus making it my favorite for having a good time watching it.

There are ones I liked and ones I didn't

Liked
WM22 - Nice ... even though it was just an excuse to say "yeah you're going to boo him" but were using this as an excuse

WM24 - It was hard to realize this was Cena's entrance but it was nice and festive, should have had some fireworks

WM25 - Yeah this was cool plus I'm a mark out for his old entrance theme

Did not like

23 - Pre tapped Car ... doens't make Cena a badass since we all know he didnt drive the car

26 - Underwhelming

27 - It was too pretenious made Cena look like the 2nd coming it was too much ... plus The Miz had a better entrance

I liked the Gangster,car&clones ones.

The Military one was a bit boring, as was the marching band.... and the Choir one pissed me off.

I dont remember for some strange reason...but is it only the WWE championship matches and Taker Streak matches that get big entrances at WM?
Just wondering if Cena and Rock will have a Hyped up Customised entrance this year or not. I just hope he doesnt do another Military related Entrance.... I dont mind patriotism but Cena gets on my tits when he does it all the time.
A Rap related Entrance would do me fine.

honestly the best entrance cena ever did wasn't even at a WM. it was at i believe judgment day against JBL in an i quit...when he came out on the back of that truck playing his music, his CD had just come out

LOL while I was reviewing his entrances I actually saw CM Punk as one of Cena's bodyguards at Wrestlemania 22. That was freakin hilarious. I was like "Hey WTF! That's CM Punk" :lmao:

I believe his best entrance is at Wrestlemania 25 where a lot of John Cena's lined up while playing his old school song.

I agree with Vols, his best entrance wasn't at WrestleMania. I truly believe that his entrance at Royal Rumble 2006 where the custom entrance way came down and Cena took to the ring like a bat out of hell... THAT was the best entrance in his career.

Not sure what event it was, I think the Royal Rumble in 2008. When a walk way came down from the rafters. I just enjoyed the spectacle of it.

As for Mania, I really like the gang of Cena's it fitted in perfectly with the Chain gang gimmick.

My favorite was definitely the Clone Army. Aside from getting to hear the old "Thugonomics" theme, The visual was great, I kept expecting the Real Cena to step out of the line up. I usually like to give more detailed explainations, but this was just plain cool.

My favorite entrance of him was at the Royal Rumble 2006 where he entered through an elevated ramp, thought that was really cool.

Worst definitely has to be WM 27, just awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back