• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jinder Mahal: Predictions for his career?

KnowYoRole

Getting Noticed By Management
So we saw his on-screen WWE debut this friday on Smackdown. I don't know much about him, but I do know he spent a few years in FCW as Tiger Raj Singh. I took the liberty of watching a few videos of his on youtube and I must say he is very...average. He has nothing to write home about in terms of mic skills, but he is a decent in ring worker, has a good look and has a cool finisher. He seemed to have a bit of charisma though when I saw him on Smackdown.

Another thing, why were Ranjin and Khali acting like he was someone of utmost importance?

So, what do you expect to see from Mahal? What sort of gimmick will he have? Will he be able to make it in the big time?

I know it's too early to tell, but we can always speculate.

Here are some videos:

[YOUTUBE]tnnIZJ9LLec[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]h82gGjwsi6E[/YOUTUBE]

His finisher is pretty decent. His mic work is okay and his in ring skills arent bad. I speak punjabi and hindi the two languages he mixes in his promo so its a little more impactful to me. I would not mind seeing WWE making him a poor mans version of Muhummad Hassan. The can make Khali and Singh think he is a big deal by them saying he fights for the rights of his race. WWE can make Khali relevant again by having Mahal beat him down a few times then Khali becoming his bodyguard and turning heel again.

It's too early to make any sort of predictions on his career but I really liked the way he was brought in. I expected him to debut wearing a turban and all that stuff that Vince generally reserves for wrestlers of Indian origin. Also I had thought that he would play some foreign royalty like gimmick but at least from the looks of it, it seems that his gimmick is going to be somewhat different.

The fact that he is Indian is obviously going to play a huge part in his character but I think that that factor is going to be more understated than it was in the case of either Khali or even Tiger Ali Singh.

And yes, his finisher is pretty good. Somewhat like a combination of an FU and a codebreaker.

Its too early, he can be scratched in a blink of an eye like most of them!
He needs some improvement, he can speak English so he can be better than Khali.

I think he is somehow a mix of Alberto Del Rio, CM Punk and The Great Khali.
I dont want to see anything about destiny again, i'm sick and tired of that.

His finisher move was used by Drew McIntyre when he was part of FCW and we can still see it once and a while, very impressive.

We will see, for now I dont have a clue of what he is, he kinda looked like Michael Tarver 2.0 LOL

Hey i've read that one of you speaks Hindi, so what did he and Khali said?
Please tell us !!

Who knows what will happen? He could be like Brett Dibiase and make few tv appearences and go back to FCW or he could be a midcarder. He could also be the ticket to making Khali a bit more relevant by turning him heel. We just need to keep watching smackdown and see if this angle goes anywhere and see if it does not get scrapped like tyson's bodyguard.

In the Smackdown promo with him as soon as I watched it, I was like, is this an Indian Alberto Del Rio?
Because Del Rio has so many components to him, the scarf, the cars, the personal ring announcer etc I think that if they decide to go down that road with Jinder Mahal the WWE will not be able to make as good as he could be. He seems like he has talent but I guess we'll just have to wait till Friday night.

So apparently plans are for him to tag team with Khali and work most of the matches. This can be good for him since he can hide his flaws because Khalis will probably be easier to notice. Also I think the best thing to do would be to get Khali as his enforcer therefore we wont have to watch Khali and Mahal can gain steam as a cowardly heel behind a giant, its worked before.

I actually did like what they foreshadowed at the last Smackdown.

Jinder (subtly) blamed Ranjin for making Khali so lame, pointing out the lame outfit for example.

I guess this means that Ranjin will soon be out of the picture and Khali will get an image change. After all, all we know about Khali is that he is huge and he likes smooching and insufferable Indian music. Imagine him perhaps in a more cool attire (away from the Yes-I'm-Indian-gimmick) and in a heel tag team with someone who can talk and do most of the wrestling.

It could do Khali a world of good.

Why are WWE investing anything in making Khali better. He's not young, he can't wrestle.

Im happy they're actually making a tag team!. Hopefully a couple more new tag teams surface alongside the ones we get from Nexus and we some some really decent tag team matches/fueds

I fear this is just a way to get Mahal over for singles competitions.. We'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back