• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jerry Lawler Suspended After Domestic Violence Arrest

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
On the heels of Adam Rose's suspension and release following a domestic incident with his wife, Jerry Lawler looks to be heading down the same path.

The Hall of Famer has been arrested once an argument with his fiancé, Lauryn McBride, turned violent. McBride told police that Lawler held her against the kitchen counter, hit her in the head, pushed her against a stove, then put a gun on the kitchen counter and told her to kill herself.

Lawler told the police that the argument started due to McBride lying about where she had been and claims that McBride scratched his face, kicked him in the groin, threw a candle at him and was so intoxicated that she threatened to kill herself. The police couldn't tell who started it so both were arrested around 1 am this morning.

Their mugshots are available at a link at wrestlinginc.com and, as you might imagine, Lawler's current fiancé looks like she's probably less than half his age as he's always been known to have a thing for much younger women. The details that've come out in the report suggest that this incident was much more physically violent than the one concerning Adam Rose, so Lawler is doubtlessly suspended indefinitely. There's a possibility of Lawler being released, though he certainly has far more stroke in WWE than Rose did, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's quietly let go until this matter is settled, the heat has time to die down and is then hired back.

Hope I am not deviating too much from Lawler's problem, but the only thing I can think of is that could be the perfect opportunity to have Graves on Smackdown.

Well it was great having Jerry and this will be interesting, Since WWE has a "No tolerance" policy, we will see how it goes. this should be a fun ride, will suck without lawler.

Unless he's found innocent I think he's done. The policy they have in effect for "zero tolerance" issues regarding domestic violence, won't mean a damm thing if he's found guilty and brought back later. Doesn't matter how quietly they try to do it. Besides he's well past his sell by date anyway.

Hopefully we'll get Corey Graves and Ranallo on SD now. With the brand split looming SD will already be ahead with a crackerjack announce team.

I am sure Jerry Lawler will be back in no time. Jerry is not a drinker or drug user, and by all accounts it sounds like his fiancé came home late and drunk and that pissed him off and he probably got angry and she went nuts at him because she was wasted. Jerry wouldn't hurt anyone with PUPPIES. haha

For me; this is a profound lesson on life. While I'm sure that there are many happy relationships out there between two consenting adults of a very wide age gap, I think that older people shouldn't actively seek out younger people for serious relationships.

Maybe my detective skills are shoddy at best, but I haven't been able to find any reasoning for Jerry to divorce his first wife beyond what I've read in his book "It's Good to be the King". From what I read; he decided at a certain point that they were in lust and not in love, and he just really needed to find someone of whom he loves.

Just saying; maybe Jerry should consider looking for a wife in a church instead of a bar.

All speculation so far. With Lawyer's past history and such, I can't give him much on the benefit of the doubt, but hopefully WWE handles this correctly until anythings legally proven.

Lawler's been phasing out of WWE content more and more, so he's certainly expendable at this point, I don't say that from a human aspect, simply the business aspect of him, it won't hurt WWE at all to release him, compared to possibly having another woman beater on their employement list. Even if he's not proven to have done it, dumping the black mark on their record might be worth it to them.

For me; this is a profound lesson on life. While I'm sure that there are many happy relationships out there between two consenting adults of a very wide age gap, I think that older people shouldn't actively seek out younger people for serious relationships.

Maybe my detective skills are shoddy at best, but I haven't been able to find any reasoning for Jerry to divorce his first wife beyond what I've read in his book "It's Good to be the King". From what I read; he decided at a certain point that they were in lust and not in love, and he just really needed to find someone of whom he loves.

Just saying; maybe Jerry should consider looking for a wife in a church instead of a bar.

Jerry seems to be the type of guy that his attitude era personality suggested. He just values women as objects for him to use in bed, the younger the better, the bigger the -puppies- the better.

He picks a party-rocks girlfriend and she comes home drunk....big shocker there.

This was said earlier, but this is a great opportunity for Graves. Hopefully he gets Lawler's spot instead of having Saxton pull double duty. I personally find Lawler incredibly dull and thought it was time for a change anyway.

Keeping in mind that Adam Rose was only released because he asked to be, I do think that Lawler will be back once all of this clears.

If Goldust, Rosa Mendes, Kevin Nash, and Stone Cold Steve Austin are welcomed back, so can Lawler.

Jerry seems to be the type of guy that his attitude era personality suggested. He just values women as objects for him to use in bed, the younger the better, the bigger the -puppies- the better.

He picks a party-rocks girlfriend and she comes home drunk....big shocker there.

I really do hate to be judgmental about these things, but I'm thinking that Jerry is in denial about what he really wants in life. Is it that he wants to bang a hot young woman, or is it that he has to prove to himself that he's still able to satisfy a hot young woman? If it's the latter, the WWE should set up an intervention for him.

One thing is absolutely certain in all this, Jerry is not aging gracefully. He dresses like your run-of-the-mill douche-bag, and at an age where most of us would be making serious arrangements regarding our own funerals, Jerry Lawler is getting into drunken fights with his 27 year old fiancé. I really hope this is bottom for him.

Important thing no one is covering here...

Jerry is a known teetotaller... he doesn't drink at all and actually has a rep for being protective of his spouses, having walked out of WWE for one of them.

This is VERY similar to the Kevin Nash situation a while back that saw him arrested, suspended then abruptly brought back once he was not charged....and he still went intot he HOF. Nash's son came back drunk and was causing a danger/problem... If there is a gun involved, who is more likely to be using it, the teetotal guy or the drunken woman?

WWE is hyper sensitive to domestic violence post Benoit and probably with good reason and this probably WILL end Jerry's onscreen career as a commentator... I can realistically see no charges being filed or no conviction being made, but it gives Vince the chance to "take The King out" without any real flak... just as the Flair incident allowed him to take JR out of the equation. Lawler will probably ask for his release if he loses Smackdown but they could easily keep him around for Network related material.

If he is charged/convicted he is totally done, but not convinced he will be... a guy with a rep for not drinking and little history of violence outside of "fake wrestling" is unlikely to be looked at harshly by any jury or judge...

Reality is this will end the relationship, the charges will quietly go away (it is Memphis after all) and we won't see Jerry on Smackdown anymore... sad but it's perhaps better it happens this way than the whole "harsh firing" thing that was inevitably coming his way in the next few months... If he's not charged, he has the "I was innocent" line... if not, he only has himself to blame for allowing such a woman into his life.

This wasn't Ray Rice knocking his wife out cold. This was a mutual altercation in which nobody was hurt, and which was caused by his wife being intoxicated and not taking kindly to Lawler preventing her from getting into a car and driving in the condition she was in.

He will be back with the company. I understand the "zero tolerance" stuff. They need to let it play out, but nothing I read about this incident should result in him losing his job.

I have no interest in psychoanalyzing Lawler's marriage or his predilection towards women more than half his age. The dime store psychology and Dr. Phil-esque analysis on here has been laughable. Suggesting Lawler needs an "intervention" is one of the more absurd things I've read on here in a while and that is saying something.

I hope this one incident hasn't ended his whole 24 year career with the WWE, One of the last guys still working from the good eras of wrestling, I do have the opinion that the WWE wouldn't mind seeing him released as they seem to be constantly downsizing his roles over the past couple of years so I wouldn't be surprised if I was to never see him back on WWE TV again, I do hope I'm wrong though.

This wasn't Ray Rice knocking his wife out cold. This was a mutual altercation in which nobody was hurt, and which was caused by his wife being intoxicated and not taking kindly to Lawler preventing her from getting into a car and driving in the condition she was in.

I agree that people do sometimes blow these things out of proportion and tend to lump all domestic disturbances into one category. However, a man shouldn't put his hands on a woman during an argument because, frankly, it's just a grenade that'll go off in his face. If Lawler had actually hit her or did something to cause some degree of injury during the course of protecting himself from harm or even death, that'd be one thing, at least in my opinion. If he'd hit her just because the argument was heated, then he'd deserve to be prosecuted. Even if Lawler was hoping to sort of protect her from herself in this instance, that's just not how the legal system will look at it and the system almost universally takes the woman's side in situations like this. It's common sense that any man in his right mind wouldn't want his fiancé getting behind the wheel of a car while loaded; the problem is that it's amazing how much legal and common sense don't coincide with one another.

Both were released on bail around 1 pm today and will go before a judge on Monday morning, though I don't expect either of them to press charges.

So she was drunk, that gives her a tiny bit of an out when/if this goes to trial. She wasn't in her right mind.

Lawler however was Sober as a judge. That coupled with his 6 decades of life means he should have been the one to walk away. I don't see a trial going his way and if it does he definitely won't have a job any more.

Only time will tell.

WWE should wait until the judge gives a ruling before they make any permanent decisions. They are correct in indefinitely suspending Lawler until his court date.

As for the situation, I don't really know what happened. Both of them gave different stories. We do know she came home drunk and lied about her whereabouts. That doesn't give Lawler the right to lay his hands on her though, if he even did. It really depends on what the judge rules.

Also I would like to see Corey Graves on Smackdown like everyone else, but I'm doubtful. We'll probably see Cole or JBL work double duty for a while.

As for the situation, I don't really know what happened. Both of them gave different stories. We do know she came home drunk and lied about her whereabouts. That doesn't give Lawler the right to lay his hands on her though, if he even did. It really depends on what the judge rules.

Also I would like to see Corey Graves on Smackdown like everyone else, but I'm doubtful. We'll probably see Cole or JBL work double duty for a while.

How do you know she came home drunk and lied about it? None of us where there and know what happened and this is how shit gets out of hand.

To tell you the truth I don't even see this going to trial. As in the Rose case they will probably drop the charges against both of them and that will be it. Whether he keeps his job is up to the WWE.

But it doesn't change the fact I would like to see Graves and Ranallo on SD instead of Lawler.

How do you know she came home drunk and lied about it? None of us where there and know what happened and this is how shit gets out of hand.

To tell you the truth I don't even see this going to trial. As in the Rose case they will probably drop the charges against both of them and that will be it. Whether he keeps his job is up to the WWE.

But it doesn't change the fact I would like to see Graves and Ranallo on SD instead of Lawler.

We don't know, and the police don't know. What we do know is that she was drunk and he wasn't. And that does give him a little more credibility. So it's really all on whether or not you want to give King the benefit of a doubt.

for those that keep saying bring Graves in.... I thought that was the plan after the brand split. Replacing saxton on smackdown. maybe im wrong.

Hopefully Lawler gets fired. He's been stealing a living for best part of a decade.

Also he Polanski'd a teenager, which I'm firmly against.

Jerry The Pedophile Lawler is the poster boy for that creepy, old guy you see next door eying up everyone's teenage daughter. That guy was such a slimeball going all the way back to the Attitude Era. Too bad he didn't keel over for good when he collapse on Raw a couple years ago.

I can't imagine him having that much money now so what the hell are all these super young chicks even see in him? Who knows what was really going on in his head seeing young Stephanie McMahon backstage all those years ago.

Well maybe we don't. I assumed the officers did some sort of test, but I guess we really don't know.

They may not go to trial. IMO Lawler should be fired unless he goes to court and wins the case. As you said, it's up to WWE.

Well yeah everyone would, but I doubt it will happen. We can only hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back