• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jeff Jarrett

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
I have never been a huge fan of Jeff Jarrett, but it appears he'll be returning soon. They eluded to him for most of the show, and finally Foley placed a phone call to him, trying to get information on Hogan's arrival. Jarrett actually answered...

What's really surprising to me, is that I'm hoping he does return, and at least attempts to "save" his company from Hogan. They have a history, and it'd be interesting to see what happens here.

What do you think of his possible return? What do you think his role will/would be?

I'm glad Jeff Jarrett is coming back, for me the show's not the same without him. I didn't want him in as many title matches as he was in, but other than that I liked the guy and thought he was a good leader of TNA for all those years it's been growing.

Some think TNA stagnated under Jarrett, but there was growth while he was in power, albeit inch by inch growth. They're never going to grow as fast as they like, or think they're going to tho imo.

I to agree that it isn't the same without Jarrett. He was always the stop star. Now, I didn't like him with the title as much but when starting a company you have to put the belt on someone you trust and much like with Jerry Lawler in Memphis it was himself that he trusted to have the main role in his company. Now, there are many top stars and I think if he had these stars then he wouldn't have done the same. So, even though he isn't part owner anymore he should still have a good role after Hogan get there.

think jeff jarrett coming back will be great at least there will some one in tna to stand up to hogan and fight for the company instead of pandering to him and feeding his ego. the man is a legend dont get me wrong but he is a company killer as well, jarrett help make tna along with the talent to what it is today

Jarrett's role will be the guy who is anti Hogan. They'll play up the angle TNA ran in the past where Jarrett "took TNA to Hogan" and smashed Hogan in the head with the guitar at the press conference. When you look at the event of things, Hogan/Jarrett has been in the works for 5 years and over. So I can see him easily going in that role.

think jeff jarrett coming back will be great at least there will some one in tna to stand up to hogan and fight for the company instead of pandering to him and feeding his ego. the man is a legend dont get me wrong but he is a company killer as well, jarrett help make tna along with the talent to what it is today

Really? What company did he kill? The last time I checked, the 2 companies he was in was #1 on 2 separate occasions.

ive always been a jeef jarrett fan no doubt but i will say you have to look at it this way....
1. look at all the guys in the locker rool that are pro bouble j
2. look at his issues he has with kurt angle
3. look at his history he has with hogan
4. look at the history between the jarretts and the carters
5. think about what or how booking will use jarrett especially if hogan has creative control.

so its like anything can happen and anyone's star can be one "whatcha gonna do?" from being snuffed out by "bury-mania" and lets just hope and pray that jarret save us fron this infectious disease that dixie is about to inject into TNA

I have never been a huge fan of Jeff Jarrett, but it appears he'll be returning soon. They eluded to him for most of the show, and finally Foley placed a phone call to him, trying to get information on Hogan's arrival. Jarrett actually answered...

What's really surprising to me, is that I'm hoping he does return, and at least attempts to "save" his company from Hogan. They have a history, and it'd be interesting to see what happens here.

What do you think of his possible return? What do you think his role will/would be?

To me, TNA Impact is not the same without Jarrett. He started the federation, it's his show. He should be there. As far as what will happen when he returns and interacts with Hogan.... there are a number of different possibilities. He could return as a face who is "saving" his company from Hogan, he could return as a heel who refuses to work with Hogan or something, he could return and side with Hogan.... there really is an endless amount of things that could happen.

I think his return will be good and he should return to the role he used to be in. Being able to make matches, an authority figure, and the one running the show. Also.... all those speeches and interviews that Dixie has been doing, those should have been Jarrett. Honestly, they would have sounded so much more convincing coming from him. I can't wait for him to return.

I think it's Fucking PATHETIC how people in TNA management are treating Double J. This guy was a mid-card in the fans eyes (probably still is) and took a company took it right to the top. He worked his ass off, he was a major player in TNA vs MEM storyline which was breaking viewer records every week or two. I really can't wait for the anticipation of his return so he can be guitar swinging the crap out of everybody.

TNA just feels so dull and boring without him. This guy is TNA, he wrestled and was booking for his company while his wife was dying of breast cancer and now look at what a phenomenon TNA has become.

TNA didn't become a Phenomenon becuase of Jeff Jarret – at least not entirely. It become a phenomenon because of the lack of a competitor to WWE as well as budding young stars people enjoyed seeing wrestle.

Everytime Jarrett pinned the title on himself the ratings fucking bombed, and with good reason. He's a lousy champion, and an even lousier character. Like I said earlier: Jarrett has broken countless guitars in his career – not one of them actually mattered.

This is great news that Jarrett will be coming back. I'm glad they addressed Jarrett and his future role since Dixie obviously didn't tell us jack shit about anything last night. Jarrett got some boos from the crowd. I'm predicting he will be a heel and be very anti TNA and Hulk Hogan. It could go the other way and Jarrett could be the face trying to save the company from the evil Hulk Hogan.

I'm not sure how they are going to work it. I guess it depends on what type of reaction Hogan gets. I'm glad they are doing it though since both Hogan and Jarrett have unfinished business since WCW and early 2002. These 2 could have a great feud together. Now if we could only see one last match between Sting and Flair, I would be happy. I strongly feel that Jarrett is going to be heel no matter what reaction Hogan gets.

Everytime Jarrett pinned the title on himself the ratings bombed, and with good reason. He's a lousy champion, and an even lousier character. Like I said earlier: Jarrett has broken countless guitars in his career – not one of them actually mattered.

I'll admit he's not the best champion ever.... but no matter how many times he has broken a guitar on an opponent, it never gets old. I find it hilarious ever single time. It's great! I hope he does it again soon after he returns because it will be very entertaining.

I must be missing something here.

SUPERSAYIN: "took a company took it right to the top." ... : "breaking viewer records every week or two."

Took the company to the top of what? To the top of a 1.0 rating? To the top of a distant second place as compared to WWE. How can you describe TNA as being at the top, when it's actually struggling to survive, despite how the TNA fans may like to suggest otherwise.

What records are being broken every week or two? An extra couple of hundred fans in the Impact zone? Raising the rating from 1.0 to a lofty 1.1? Not to be sarcastic, but I'm just not clear to what you're referring.

"What a phenomenon TNA has become?" What the hell does that mean? A phenomenon to whom? Ratings are poor, attendance figures are low, PPV purchases are abysmal. Look, if you like TNA are you're a fan of it, that's fine, to each his own. But these descriptions are simply not accurate. And that's what's "Damn Real."

dude you got that from the rise and fall of wcw about how may gutars he broke

I already noted that it came from somewhere – not me. It's just in another thread.

and i would rather see double j instead of hogan

If that's the case, enjoy meddling in the mediocrity of 1.0 ratings, because Jeff Jarrett never was, and never will be any who actually matters in any aspect of wreslting circles. The IWC never took to him, and neither did the fans at the live shows. "The Next One" or whatever prophetic failure of a gimmick he referred to himself as would have been better off calling himself "The Never One".

I must be missing something here.

SUPERSAYIN: "took a company took it right to the top." ... : "breaking viewer records every week or two."

TNA struggling to survive? Does Mcmahon pay you ignorant people to say this crap about TNA. They dont always get 1.0 rating it is always ranging from 1.0 to 1.3. Ofcourse they are going to be second, they started from Fucking scratch and still here with less than 10 years experience.

I meant ever since the MEM angle started they were breaking records nearly evey week or two, which ended in march 2009. There ratings went from constant 1.0, 1.1 to constant 1.3. What Fucking world are you living in dude.

Some of the countries i have been to, TNA has wiped WWE of its existence and WWE struggles to wipe out TNA in the states where they have 50+ years experience. How do you know the PPV purchases are low, did TNA tell you themselves because they sure as hell aint released any info. TNA ratings are constant not poor, if you want to know what poor ratings are then look no further than RAW who needs Hollywood to come save them.

And your descriptions are BULLSHIT

If that's the case, enjoy meddling in the mediocrity of 1.0 ratings, because Jeff Jarrett never was, and never will be any who actually matters in any aspect of wreslting circles. The IWC never took to him, and neither did the fans at the live shows. "The Next One" or whatever prophetic failure of a gimmick he referred to himself as would have been better off calling himself "The Never One".

What a crock of Fucking shit, you do realize he was one of the major players in helping TNA break viewership every week. When he came back in September 2008, he was always in the highest rated segements, people wanted to see Jeff jarrett.

What a crock of Fucking shit, you do realize he was one of the major players in helping TNA break viewership every week. When he came back in September 2008, he was always in the highest rated segements, people wanted to see Jeff jarrett.

You're right – Sting, Kurt Angle, A.J. Styles, Scott Steiner, Christopher Daniels, Booker T, Samoa Joe and the rest of the talent had absolutely nothing to do with the incredible jumps from 0.8 to 1.0 or from 1.0 to 1.1 – it was all Jeff Jarrett. He swung his guitar and in one fell swoop – or is that one fail swoop – the ratings just showered in, right? The fans were clamoring for Jarrett, chanting his name left-and-right?

Jarrett has/had an expiration date every time he comes/came back. He comes back, and there's a relative rise in ratings. He sticks around and everyone comes back to reality to realize just how mediocre and stale he is, and in a few short weeks, the ratings again fall. It's like riding a broken merry-go-round. Meanwhile, the company continues to flutter between a 0.8 and a 1.3, and people like you scream to bring "Double J" back as if the 18th time he "comes back" is going to be the one to really put TNA over.

I'm fairly indifferent to Jeff Jarrett. I don't think he ever should've been a world champion, let alone this many times. He's got the talent of an upper midcarder. And like it says on the Rise and Fall of WCW DVD, they guy has never drawn a dime. I'm not sure what his ego is like, but it must be pretty inflated.

As for his return, well I'm indifferent to that too. It won't be long before the audience gets sick of him. If he wins the TNA title again, especially if he wins it from AJ, I might just have to stop watching it. He didn't deserve a world title in his prime and he definately doesn't deserve one now. He should be helping put young guys over and staying away from the title picture.

I'm fairly indifferent to Jeff Jarrett. I don't think he ever should've been a world champion, let alone this many times. He's got the talent of an upper midcarder. And like it says on the Rise and Fall of WCW DVD, they guy has never drawn a dime. I'm not sure what his ego is like, but it must be pretty inflated.

It dont matter what a crappy DVD made by goons in WWE said, TNA has Jarretts name written all over TNA, he was one of the main factors of making the company big. They have been here for 7 years and showed the whole world they will stick around literally forever, probably until the world ends.

jeff jarrett feuding with hulk hogan will be an absolute snooze, whats next ? russo back on camera with jarrett against hogan and carter ? Why would they bring him back ? I guess Kurt is packing his bags for stanford,ct !!

i wont believe hes coming back until i actually see it, jarrett in his last face run was an absolute bore and it will be no different if hes given any type of lead role on TV

i really dont care what they do with jarrett as long as hogan has creative control like they planned because who should have control more than the greatest wrestler and smartest mind in wrestling of all time mr wrestling himself hulk hogan because without hogan they would not be a wrestling and they sure would not be a vince mcmahon hogan made mcmahon and wwe just like he made wcw. wcw was nothing until hogan and then he made it number 1 and wwe went to number 2 to almost out of bissusness i mean how long did hogan and wcw beat wwe in the ratings 50 or 60 somthing weeks hogan puts butts in the seats hogan just cutting a 5 minatue promo on impact should raise ratings by a couple million atleast and to make it better hes got bishoff there with him hogan may be the smartest mind in wrestling but bishoff is a firm second the first thing they should do is fire russo FIRE RUSSO but befor they do hogan should tell him BE CAREFUL OF THE TOWS YOU STEP ON TODAY BECAUSE THEY MIGHT BE CONNECTED TO THE ASS YOU HAVE TO KISS TOMMPRROW then fire his ass to get back at him from 2000 i mean with bishoff who needs ruso then if they want to bring jarrett back so hogan can kick the crap out of him and pin him every week than thats more better than good because jarrett will never be on hogans leval he never has and never will be the only way jarrett could draw a dime is if hogan is on the other side of the ring beating the crap out of him tna should be own there knees thinking hogan for coming because he can make tna like he did the other two companies without him they will just slowly keep going in the toilet everyweek

Can't agree enough with It's Real, even though he seems very pretentious.

Jeff Jarret has NEVER been over. Not as a fake country singer, not trying to join the Horsemen, not battling Booker T for the WCW belt, and most definitly not as NWA or TNA Champion on TNA. He may have gotten somewhat over when he was teaming with Owen Hart, or with Jerry Lawler battling the MoonDogs in USWA, but all in all he is just a right place, right time son of a promoter.

His booking in TNA sucked, and considering his departure has led to some AMAZING television for TNA, then I for one do not wish to see him back in any powerful position.

And I just don't understand the revisionism here. The IWC UNIVERSALLY lambasted him for wearing the TNA Belt, and in hindsight it's somehow a good thing now? Please. I think Jarret for helping Jerry Jarret start the company, and finding a woman with ambition and a lot of daddy's money. But this company has been carried by the X Division, the alternative on TV to WWE, and now as a place where QUALITY veterans and new wrestlers put on great matches.

I for one, am not looking forward to Jarrett returning. Unless is role is totally different then it once was, I cannot see myself enjoying TNA with him returning. In the past, Jarrett has constantly been the one to hog the main event, and constantly put himself near the championship, which is clearly not what is best for the company. Jarrett should return only to screw with Mick's head a little more, and allude to more TnWo hints. Jarrett could also possibly be the guy to go against Hogan, but I can't see it, I believe they are reserving that spot for Sting.

TNA has been excellent with Jarrett being around, so I am hoping his return will not shift the focus all back on him, as that would drop the ratings. Jarrett needs to come in, and help get the young guys over, and be a part of the Hogan/Nash/Foley angle and talk that is going on.

Only time will tell what Jarrett will do for TNA now, and I am hoping good things will come from it, but you never know.

Y'know, until he started defending Jeff Jarrett so vigorously, I half-suspected that Supersayin was Dixie Carter.

I think it's Fucking PATHETIC how people in TNA management are treating Double J.
This part is true, but Kurt Freakin' Angle >>>> Jeff "No one will hire me but me" Jarrett.

This guy was a mid-card in the fans eyes (probably still)
Damn skippy. If Vince forgave and forgot, and he went to WWE tommorrow, would you put him in as a challeger to Cena or the Undertaker? In a feud with HHH or Orton or Batista? Or with CM Punk or Christian or Miz or Kofi?

Fringe main-eventer or upper-midcarder.

and took a company took it right to the top.

The top? 1.3 ratings and no ability to draw paying crowds is the top?

What exactly would constitute "mediocre" or "poor," aside from shutting the doors? Just keeping the company alive is an achievement, make no mistake. Ask Bischoff or Heymann or Cornette (Smoky Mountain) or the guys who funded WWA or XWF or Wrestling Society X or a bunch of others. But there is still a range of adjectives between "out of business" and "the top"

He worked his ass off,
First reaction: Isn't that expected?
Second reaction: But he sure hired a bunch of guys who didn't seem to.

he was a major player in TNA vs MEM storyline which was breaking viewer records every week or two.

Source: gerweck.net/ratings08.htm
Highest Impact rating, pre-MEM: 1.22, Jan 14-18
July 2008 : 1.02, 1.05, 1.11, 1.08
Sept 11, 2008, before Jarrett's return: 1.1
Sept 18, 2008, after Jarrett's return on PPV: 1.1
Oct 23, 2008: Live show, HD Debut, and formation of MEM: a big 1.1
Last four months of 2008: Consitent 1.1's. A few 1.0's, a few 1.16-17s

Ratings records broken so far: Zero.

January 2009: 1.06, 1.2 rating for the Impact following Genesis, 1.1, 1.18
Feb 2009: 1.07, 1.22 (ties record), 1.33--a new record, 1.29. Great month, one record set
March 2009: 1.32, 1.2, 1.34--new record, 1.26. Second great month in a row, two records set.
April 2009. 1.30, 1.28. 1.23, 1.20 Nice month, cooling off a bit. No records.

And they haven't done better than 1.3 since, with or without MEM.

So to recap:
Supersayin said:
TNA vs MEM storyline which was breaking viewer records every week or two.
STOP SAYING THAT! It happened twice, not every week! It wasn't even two weeks in a row. Stop saying it! It isn't true.

Holy crap...I marked, and marked hard for Double J. His return is really intriguing me, and hopefully he'll be at the forefront against Hogan taking over. He looks like a grizzly man, but him and Foley definitely seem to be on the same page, and who knows what could happen from here...

The fact he's on Impact at all, and possibly coming back to the Impact Zone, is huge.

Holy crap...I marked, and marked hard for Double J. His return is really intriguing me, and hopefully he'll be at the forefront against Hogan taking over. He looks like a grizzly man, but him and Foley definitely seem to be on the same page, and who knows what could happen from here...

The fact he's on Impact at all, and possibly coming back to the Impact Zone, is huge.

Yeah, it really is honestly. Jarrett's return will have my attention that's for sure. It will be exciting to see what Jarrett and Foley are going to do because this storyline has suddenly gotten twice as interesting as it was before tonight's Impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back