• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jeff Jarrett Officially Announces Global Force Wrestling Promotion

ProWrestlingFan

Championship Contender
Global Force Wrestling

global-force-wrestling.png

"[WWE] have built a brand over the last 50, 60 years. And truly, [WrestleMania] weekend is the perfect example of just how global their brand is. Professional wrestling has been around since the advent of television. There is definitely room, space for a brand new promotion to come on the scene. And we're going to put out the very best product that we can. Our mission statement is going to be, right at the very top, that we are going to put out a professional wrestling product that listens to the fans, engages the fans. We are going to immerse ourselves with the wrestling fan and that is going to be first and foremost."

"The reality is we want to build a brand in which fans are watching our wrestlers evolve from day one and are truly invested in the lives of our talent in and out of the ring," Jarrett said.

Global Force Wrestling expects to make several more key announcements in the coming weeks.

It might have potential if they're following through with the interactive theme. However, it's really hard to keep structured and you need very charismatic characters to pull this off.

Terrible name and dated logo...

Also it reminds me of the old GWF Globaldome shows, which won't be to far off since im sure we will see buff bagwell, sean waltman and other old washouts here.

Yeah, the logo... That thing's gotta go. Also, I'm okay with a new promotion as long as they do indeed have the money to try and compete with TNA and ROH. WWE just forget it.

The logo doesn't make me think of wrestling at all. It looks like a logo for either a news program or a terrible 90s action show that would be cancelled in the middle of its first season.

Love the logo, name and the old school vibe it gives off.

Hoping for something reminiscent of pre-Russo pro wrestling where everything wasn't an Jerry Springer episode.

Hoping for an old school feel with new technology and high production values.

Very intrigued.

I'm not going to bash it until I see it.
Hopefully they have a television deal or I can watch episodes online.

The logo doesn't bother me at all.

This looks more like an Aaron Sorkin parody of a professional wrestling organization than it does an actual professional wrestling organization. (Remember Sports Night? :( )

I'd watch a Sorkin run wrestling promotion!
Right? Now THAT'S an idea I'm interested in. I'm not looking forwards to the small niche of people on this board in two years convincing us that something called Global Force Wrestling is worth giving a shit about.

Right? Now THAT'S an idea I'm interested in. I'm not looking forwards to the small niche of people on this board in two years convincing us that something called Global Force Wrestling is worth giving a shit about.

I'm sure I'll give it a try either way. Though its about time we found a new format for a wrestling show.

DGUSA had Teddy Hart return to America over the weekend. He brought his cat to the ring with him. Maybe Teddy Hart and his cat could be involved in this new promotion? I think a mix between wrestling and cats is bound to gain strong interest.

I'm sure picking the week when WWE was at it's highest point in years seemed like a good idea at some point. Personally, I would've tried the WWE lull, some time between Summerslam and Survivor Series.

I'm sure picking the week when WWE was at it's highest point in years seemed like a good idea at some point. Personally, I would've tried the WWE lull, some time between Summerslam and Survivor Series.

A time when wrestling is more in the mainstream view than any other seems like a pretty good time to me, especially if looking for investors and TV guys.

See that? Don't you want money?? All I need is a ring, some locals, and a truck full of acoustic guitars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back