JBL's funny commentary on SmackDown

The_Don

Occasional Pre-Show
I just recently watched some SmackDown videos on the WWE Youtube channel. I saw the recap of the Torito vs Hornswaggle match, and thank God I did :lmao: Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2lpJse_qoU

If you skip to 1:44, the rest is just hilarious commentary from JBL. I haven't laughed with WWE in a long time, but JBL just cracked me up with what he said about El Torito :lmao:

I just went to 1:44 and have no idea what you're talking about. I don't even know if I should point out that nothing made me laugh, because I don't even think JBL ever actually said a joke.

What made you laugh? The fact that he screamed Torito a bunch of times? I seriously don't get what the hell you're talking about.

I just went to 1:44 and have no idea what you're talking about. I don't even know if I should point out that nothing made me laugh, because I don't even think JBL ever actually said a joke.

What made you laugh? The fact that he screamed Torito a bunch of times? I seriously don't get what the hell you're talking about.

When Torito did the Moonsault, JBL called it the Bullsault.

Then when Torito won, JBL sarcastically started screaming:

"Set your DVRs, my God! What a match! The music city miracle! Do you believe in bulls?? Fear the bull! The legend lives! This capacity crowd is stunned!"

Right after that, the cameras show the crowd really doing nothing and not reacting to the match at all :lmao:

Then he keeps up going:

"It's like the streak has ended! Look at the look on their faces! They cannot believe what they've just seen!!!"

It really made me laugh :lmao:

He just said all that because Vinnie Mac or HHH told him to. I'll admit he's pretty funny sometimes but more often than not all three of them (JBL, Cole and King) are just annoying. I watched that match last night and honestly I was barely even paying attention.

Yea... I'm just gonna say this thread might be headed to Trashville.

That being said, JBL's commentary's been great since he returned. Heel, antagonist commentators are a part of wrestling to me. JBL plays his role all too well.

But what you're talking about isn't even remotely funny. He's just overacting and doing what he's told in his headset.

JBL is a bully on the mic like he was on the locker room. It isn't that he talks down about one wrestler and then says how the other guy does it better, he just talks down about someone. He is a classic bully and if wwe was as smart and into anti bulling as they say they are, he wouldn't be working for them. The things you mentioned are bully teasing - laughing at what someone did because they are smaller than you. Why doesn't he laugh and joke when Lesnar is in the ring and see what happens.

JBL is a bully on the mic like he was on the locker room. It isn't that he talks down about one wrestler and then says how the other guy does it better, he just talks down about someone. He is a classic bully and if wwe was as smart and into anti bulling as they say they are, he wouldn't be working for them. The things you mentioned are bully teasing - laughing at what someone did because they are smaller than you. Why doesn't he laugh and joke when Lesnar is in the ring and see what happens.

Seriously?

Mark_Twain_by_Abdullah_Fr%C3%A8res,_1867.jpg

Because they're portraying Lesnar as literally the toughest mofo in WWE history.

Seriously?

Well JBL is a known hazer but I always thought of him as one of the guys who was doing it to toughen people up rather than getting kicks out of messing with the noobs.

On the flipside though there's a story that one time he was messing with Joey Styles, Styles had enough and lamped him one, flooring him. Apparently JBL retreated to the locker room and wouldn't talk to anyone else all night. One supposes he might've rethough his behaviour after getting sincerely owned by a non-wrestler.

He's apparently quite close with Vince though so if he is as much of a kent as some people say, nothing in particular would happen.

That said I don't particularly care, if JBL was hazing me I'd laugh it off with him and try to become mates with him, that's how you actually beat "bullying".

JBL doesn't do "funny". Or "commentary" for that matter. He just belittles everything while spewing out very dated references. Then again, no one in WWE does "funny".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back