• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jake the Snake: Hall of Fame?

mr. jomo risin

Dark Match Winner
This is my first thread but it's pretty self explanatory.

I view Jake the Snake Roberts as an absolutley worthy candidate. He was probably the 4th biggest long term face of the early era behind Hogan, Savage, and Warrior (call Piper a tweener), but there's no doubt he's a fairly troubled, dark individual who's induction would be interesting to say the least.

And I hate for a situation similar to Randy Savage, where it takes a passing for VKM to HOPEFULLY do what's right. I'm not sure if theres any beef with JTS & VKM. I've never heard of any. Anyway...

Do you think his troubles are what are holding from being inducted thus far?

Do you think he'll get in? When? With who? Who will induct? yada yada yada

Only "heat" I can think of is Jake being outspoken about WWE even saying it was the Worst Wrestling Ever. So I don't see any real reason for him not being inducted...after Bret Hart nobody is off limits right lol. Outside of maybe it's a Bruno Sammartino thing where they've offered and he's repeatedly refused.

I'd say after the Macho Man tribute and talk of his induction that nothing is impossible. I wouldn't be surprised if Jake the Snake eventually made it in, but it probably won't be next year.

I think if the Hall of Fame were not part of WWE's business empire, inducting Jake the Snake would be an obvious choice. However, given that the guy was seen on video smoking crack, and has become basically the stereotype of the self-destructive pro-wrestler, I can't imagine they see any benefit from acknowledging the dude at this point. Why remind people of all the wrestlers who ruined their lives while the corporation turned a blind eye when you can point to the Wellness Policy and act like everything is roses and sunshine?

I think he is incredibly worthy, although the RSPCA might not have the same opinion!! lol.

The WWE HOF is still very young, and there are so many wrestlers of the past worthy of thier spot. You cant just do a mass induction, because it wouldnt give those the credibility they deserve.

I'd put Jake in the same category as Brutus the Barber Beefcake, Honky Tonk Man, Hillbilly Jim, Rick Martel, Bam Bam Bigelow, King Kong Bundy, Rick Rude(My personal favourite), Psycho Sid Viscious, Big John Studd. I could go on forever.

Jake would have to be inducted by Damien wouldn't you think?lol

In a word, ABSOLUTELY! He is one of the best heels/faces in the history of the business, hands down. His promos were on point, his ring work was terrific and he has one of the best finishers in the game. No one has ever been able to duplicate the ferociousness of the DDT like Jake.

Yeah, he deserves to be in. He never needed a championship to be over, he was at his best in a dark, personal feud with someone. He sure has his demons, and probably has some enemies within WWE, but he should be a HOFer.

He deserves so much to be in, its crazy. Its already been established that titles are not a pre requisite to be inducted. Jake never needed a belt, he gets in because of his promo abilities alone.

One of my favourites of all time. Absolutely loved his feud with Macho Man back in the day (I don't think that snake has been de-vemonised lol).

Always remember an interview with Vince where he said something along the lines of "I never knew if I was speaking with Jake Roberts the man or Jake Roberts the Character" and I think that just sums up what an, shall we say interesting character Jake was both in and out of the ring.

Would I like to see him in the HOF? HELL YES!!! He may of never been a champion but he did what he was paid to do and that was entertain.

Yes, Jake Roberts is a worthy HOF candidate. However, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on it. Jake has been an absolute disgrace to the wrestling industry over the last 10 years. YouTube is filled with videos of him doing drugs and passing out in the middle of the ring during his matches. He even got arrested a few years back for taking his dick out and waving it around during a drunkin stupor during a match with little kids in the audience. It's pathetic.

A lot of people will try to say that his behavior shouldn't affect his wrestling career, but it does. Jake is technically still a wrestler. Every fucked up thing he's done has been part of the career. He's made an absolute ass out of himself for years now. You really can't blame Vince for not wanting him to represent the company. Sometimes people have to live with the choices they make.

I think based on his history, he should already be in. He is one of the greatest psychological workers of all time, he never needed a title to be over and he could cut one hell of a promo. WWE's HOF is very political though, and Jake's "demons" and his history bashing WWE, not to mention his portrayal in documentaries and interviews as a drunk and a durg addict, they may never induct him at least not in the "PG era." I would have liked to seen him inducted this past year in the same class as L.O.D. being that they both got their start together.

I think he should've been inducted already because he is one of the greats, I just guess his actions over the recent years have held him back and made Vince think he doesn't deserve it because of his actions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back