• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jags WR jumps out window.

Buffalo Dave

Yeeeeeeeah Buddy!!
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jacksonville Jaguars receiver Kassim Osgood leapt out a second-floor window to escape a gun-wielding man who attacked him and a 19-year-old woman, according to police.

The armed intruder exchanged gunfire with his ex-girlfriend, Mackenzie Rae Putnal, after putting a gun to her head on Monday night, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.

Osgood
According to the sheriff's report, Osgood, 30, sustained some minor bruises during the attack and while fleeing.

"He's fine," Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio said Wednesday. "I'm aware of it. I really can't comment on that whole deal. He's doing OK."

The Florida Times-Union first reported the incident.

Julian Armond Bartletto, 20, of Jacksonville, was arrested on charges of aggravated battery, false imprisonment, armed robbery, burglary and violation of an injunction. He was being held without bond at the Duval County Jail.

Putnal and Osgood were watching television around 11 p.m. in an upstairs game room when a man walked in with his face covered with a plastic bag and pointed a gun at them. Saying "I can't believe you're with that guy," the man pulled Putnal around the room by her hair and hit her with the gun and his fists before hitting Osgood in the head with the gun, according to the report.

The gunman took Putnal's cell phone and tackled her as she tried to flee. When he ordered the couple to sit on the floor, she escaped downstairs in her parents' home and grabbed a gun, police said. They shot at each other and both missed.

Osgood, meanwhile, jammed a chair under the door, jumped out a window to the lawn below and ran to a neighbor's house to call police.

Putnal identified the man as her ex-boyfriend and called police, according to the report. Bartletto was later found at his home and arrested.

Osgood has two receptions for 29 yards this season, including a 24-yard TD catch in the opener against Denver. He played seven seasons for San Diego, and made three Pro Bowls as a special teams ace, before signing with the Jaguars.

What a douche, locks himself inside the room then jumps out the window, forget trying to help the girl out. At least she handled her self by trying to shoot her ex.

Dude was trying to get laid, he don't want no drama, should he be prince charming and get all macho and get involved in something between a chick and her ex? He would probably be pan bread by now if he did. I'd do the same if a crazy ass ****** did the same and i was there. No lyin.

Dude was trying to get laid, he don't want no drama, should he be prince charming and get all macho and get involved in something between a chick and her ex? He would probably be pan bread by now if he did. I'd do the same if a crazy ass ****** did the same and i was there. No lyin.

Agreed the crazy bastard had a gun, good for the girl getting a gun an shooting back, but whatcha gonna do when a mother fucker pulls a gun on you.

I agree he was probably trying to get laid, but wouldn't want her being shot on my conscience if I could've prevented it, should've took that chair he stuck up against the door and hit the dude with it.

Nice to have you back Jenks lol.

As hilarious as it all sounds, if you're the only one in the building without a gun and the other two are blasting at each other, wouldn't you get out of the way too?

What a douche, locks himself inside the room then jumps out the window, forget trying to help the girl out. At least she handled her self by trying to shoot her ex.

The girl was already out of the room and had a gun making her as safe as she was gonna get. Osgood was unarmed and would have most likely been shot had he tried to do something. I'm all for chivalry and helping out women but it's not like she had a gun to her head, she had one in her hand. Osgood did the right thing getting out and calling police. If he went after the guy the headline might be reading "Jags receiver dead"

I agree he was probably trying to get laid, but wouldn't want her being shot on my conscience if I could've prevented it, should've took that chair he stuck up against the door and hit the dude with it.

Nice to have you back Jenks lol.

Pillman's got a gun!

Austin's got a chair!

From what I read, the chick got out of there first to grab a gun. But that was right after the incident so all the facts may not have ben out yet. Hopefully Osgood is ok. We're going to need him Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back