Jack Swagger Or Dolph Ziggler: Who Will Get Back On Track First?

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
MODERATOR COMMENTS (Lord Sidious)

I've seen a couple people in here suggest that either Ziggler or Swagger will get back on track first because "I like them more". Just because you may like one of them more so than the other does not obviously matter to WWE. You need to look at this from a WWE perspective when making your argument, and how they do things. You need to look at the things that they look at such as athleticism, ability to sell a match, promo skills, and if they are friends with Triple H.

I thought Jack Swagger beating Yoshi last night was a lock, but I was wrong. Yoshi will be moving on for a chance at getting a title shot against Christian, while Swagger will go back to Raw, and.....well who knows where he'll go from there? It seems like Chris Masters has taken his place as far as being pushed goes. He's been with Eve the past few weeks on Raw, and seems to be getting more time to shine. I guess that weird dancing trick he does with his pecs really got him over. Anyway, Swagger has been fading away from the group of young stars in the WWE that are being pushed. He never was able to capture the US title from The Miz, and he as far as being pushed goes, he's really fallen of the radar ever since. He lost to MVP in the main event on Superstars last week, and was beaten by Yoshi last night on ECW.

There's another man who's also fallen off track lately. I'm talking about Dolph Ziggler. The Night Of Champions ppv is where Dolph started out in the IC title picture. He would go on to feud with Rey for a while, but never won the title.On an episode of Smackdown, John Morrison captured the title from Rey, and shortly after that, Dolph would go on to feud with him. Again, Ziggler had a series of matches with Morrison, but was never able to win the gold. I've read reports that WWE has given up on pushing Dolph. and if is to be put back in the IC title picture again some where down the line, I still don't think he'll win the belt.

So, my question is, who do you think will get pushed again first? Dolph Ziggler or Jack Swagger. I think it's more likely Ziggler would get a push again before Swagger does. You have to remember, Swagger's on Raw, and with Kofi being as hot as he is right now, I think it's more likely he would be put into a feud with The Miz to re-capture the US title, and it seems Chris Masters has taken his spot for the time being.

While over on Smackdown, Dolph's future isn't that much better. Think about it, Morrison and McIntyre will probably go back and forth for the IC title for who know's how long. It's not like he's going to feud with CM Punk or Jericho because they're also heels.

This brings me to my second question, do you think it will be long time before they get pushed again(6 months, 1 year, 2 years,etc.)? Or will they stay where they are at? While I think there's a chance Ziggler might not get pushed again, I definitely think Swagger will get back on track. Swagger has the amateur background thing going for him, can move pretty fast for a big man, and his matches are worth looking at. I hope Swagger will capture the US title some where in the near future. So what are your thoughts?

Honestly, who knows with the WWE? They do things on a whim and start and stop pushes at the drop of the dime. Who would've known this thread would be started 6 months ago, when these guys were top mid carders. They no longer are that.

It is really a coin toss for guys like us to guess who will get pushed first. It is also a coin toss as to who will maintain a push out of the current roster. Kofi could get buried tomorrow and have Evan Bourne at the top of the mid card. Then Christian will come over, get buried and have Eric Escobar getting a huge push. Same goes for Swagger and Ziggler. You never ever know, because we don't see any long term plans in anything the WWE does outside of the main characters.

Now, if I had to CHOOSE who should get the push out of the two it would be tough but I would say Swagger. He has more of a package and can be built to carry a company if booked correctly. I see a lot of potential in that guy, and I'm disappointed that his push has lost some steam.

I would guess that Swagger will be pushed again before Ziggler, i have no idea why they suddenly stopped pushing him, he did look like he may get the US title at one point. If he fades into obscurity than WWE will have made a HUGE mistake, this guy could be the face (I know its an annoying face) of the company in the future.

As for Ziggler, I wouldn't be surprised if he returns in a few months with a new gimmick as 'Dolph Ziggler' seems to be getting stale already.

Swagger was given a lengthy match with Cena on Raw where he carried Cena and almost dominated the whole time. Hopefully the powers that be were watching that match and do the right thing, but we all know that probably wont happen. I bet he spends the next few months on superstars before getting drafted to a lesser watched show.

With that being said as far as Ziggler goes I really don't know. I don't have the free time on a friday night to sit around the TV so my smackdown awareness comes from the internet.

I really don't foresee any big pushes before mania, unless they do it right and have a "shocking" rumble winner. Hopefully that will be the case, but I doubt it.

really both were in good spots. creative just dropped the ball on them. they're really in the same boat as mvp, matt hardy, mike knox, kane, miz, chavo, carlito, primo, bourne, legacy, benjamin, zack ryder, yoshi tatsu, goldust, and crime time. now these are all good wrestlers, can all put on a fairly entertaining match and could very easily be in some type of feud right now but instead they are in random 100% pointless matches on superstars or not even mentioned on tv. creative has really let them both down, both were recieving good pushes and then nothing. instead we have hornswaggle and dx and cena each getting 3 or 4 segments every week.

i see swagger surviving this lull and eventually being a work champ. he's got the look, he's got the skill, and he's got the charisma. remember he's never even won a mid-card title in the wwe. personally i think he and bourne and sheamus were all moved to raw too soon but hey what do i know. as for ziggler.....well i like him and i like his inring work but he really just doesnt exite me like swagger does.

so ziggler is a mid-carder for life and swagger i see being champ...one day.

I think Jack Swagger will get back on track first. I mean its not like he dispeared off of tv like Dolph Ziggler. He also had more time against John Cena on raw then against Cm punk did. Right now I think there testing the waters for them and see what he can do and then put him in a feud.

But I don't know why they stopped pushing both of them. I mean they both were doing really good in the roles they were given. Dolph Ziggler should be intercontinental Champion right now and Jack Swagger should be United states champion right now. Just give it some times and they will get back on track I hope.

I think Swagger will get a push before Ziggler because a win over Yoshi Tatsu on ECW wouldve meant a NO 1 contender for the ecw title oppurtunity, which means if swagger ended up taking on christian or even advancing to the ecw battle royal he would be right back where he started from. To put it simply, I would rather him wait for a us title shot or a major feud than get an ecw title shot now. Ziggler on the other hand hasnt been doing much of anything as of late and swagger has had promos and some regular screen time each week.

Well I really don't think either of these guys have what it takes to be main eventers, and I think WWE feels the same way. Thus, we've seen both of their pushes being stalled and they have both fallen into obscurity as of late. Both of these guys can wrestle pretty well, but they don't have that "it" factor. I don't see either of these guys being charismatic and drawing fans, especially because both are pretty awful on the mic. Also they both are just so generic, and nothing stands out about them. I expect these guys to be in the midcard for the rest of their WWE careers.

Both guys have great looks and are both great in the ring, they just need a little more character. Masters started doing that pec flex and look how far it got him. In my opinion they both are potential main eventers, they just need to add to their characters

and as far a ziggler goes, I remember another cocky heel with long blonde hair and funny looking wrestling shorts who was great in the ring, you might know him, he turned out to be stone cold steve austin. Ziggler just needs a revamp, and definitely a new name

This could really go either way. Looking at one person getting back on track before the other is a long shot considering, Sheamus had one match with Noble and then became champion.

Dolph Ziggler- The guy is a great wrestler, that reminds me of a "Mr.Perfect" type character. The way WWE pushed him was great, and he was making great progress as a Intercontinental Championship contender. Why WWE dropped his push? No clue. Ziggler has ton of potential to come back and have another solid run as a IC Championship contender, and maybe even champion. What about a tag team with Zack Ryder? Dolph n' Ryder?

Jack Swagger- Now Swagger may have had a solid offensive match against John Cena, I think this was more of an attempt to make John Cena look strong. It's sad how they had a great chance to push Swagger to the moon, with his "Undefeated until 2010" gimmick, but that was erased like it never happened. The thing is Swagger is an excellent technical wrestler and could main event with the greats. Now the only thing left is on the part of WWE Creative, to push Swagger to at least US Title contention again.

I guess if I had to pick, Ziggler, just because of the fact I like him more. Knowing WWE though it really is a toss up.

personally i hope Dolph Ziggler does. he has skills in the ring. Why did they drop his push is a mystery. He is great and i hope that he gets a No.1 contender match against someone and Wins to verse Drew McIntyre for the Belt. it probably wont work though because they both Heels.

and i dont really like Swagger. i know that he's talented and has the skill to be up there with the greats. but im just not a Swagger kind of guy. Hopefully he changes my mind soon. though

I think that Swagger will get back on track first because he is better than Ziggler in basically every category. He is superior in the ring, on the mic, is on the flagship show, and Swagger has held a title whereas Ziggler lost countless IC championship matches.

Swagger appears to already be starting to get back on track after that match with Cena. Cena won, but Swagger looked stronger in the match than his lack of a push would have made me think he would. I see him moving into a US title feud soon, or possibly a good showing at the Rumble. Swagger is coming back. Ziggler on the other hand, I'm not sure about. Until he wins a title I don't see him having as many chances as Swagger in the future, especially when Swagger is better all around than him anyway.

Swagger. I'm a fan of both, but after seeing Raw and ECW it looks as if they are getting behind him again.

I'd suggest that Swagger lost the undefeated in 2009 gimmick because they wanted to use a similar one for Cena.

Swagger looked really good against Cena and hung with him longer than most have on Raw. Then the next night he looks good against Yoshi and is treated like a Star. He was involved in so many segments during the night that it looked like a big deal that he had gone back there for the night. It was as if he carried the show on his own.

Hopefully Swagger can get a couple of nice wins and fued for the US title, or move to Smackdown and go for the IC one.

Based on what I've seen so far, Swagger is the one that SHOULD get pushed first. Both are great in the ring and decent on the mic....however, Swagger has an edge to him, he's got opponents or enemies, whatever you want to call them, and he knows how to work the programs when he's put into them.

That's my technical opinion...based solely on what SHOULD be and what the two wrestlers have given everyone so far.

HOWEVER.....my personal opinion is Ziggler should get the push. It's based solely on being a fan...and honestly, I'd love to see Dolph get put over, win the belt and become the younger version of Jericho on the mic. I think Dolph, given the chance, has much more skill on a mic and can work a crowd into a frenzy better than Swagger can.

I mean, who would you rather hate? A 2-time all american on an ego trip, or a college wrestler, who thinks he's THE most interesting man in the world? LOL I root against the narcissist Ziggler.

I think Swagger will get back on track first. While both have the skills to make it in the business, Swagger is just better overall in my opinion. Both men should be a part of their respective midcard title divisions, and fighting for the championship.

Swagger seemed to be more experienced then Dolph I would say, and thus, he should be pushed again first. I'll never understand why they dropped the ball on Dolph. Instead of giving the belt to Morrison, they should have set it up for him to drop it to Dolph. I think the fact that Mysterio didn't put over Ziggler ruined it for him.

Morrison and Ziggler even had an opportunity to put on an excellent match in that 2 out of 3 falls match, but that match wasn't even all that good. Swagger has had great matches with Cena, which is something not many people do, and I look for him to be put back on track soon. He'll either have a good showing at the Royal Rumble, or participate in MiTB at Wrestlemania. I'm predicting that Swagger will be a World champion on Raw or Smackdown by the end of 2010/early 2011.

The thing is, is that neither of them have stepped up to the push they've been given. The Miz was pushed, and has improved week in week out, these two didn't do anything new when they were raised to the next level. I think Swagger has the most potential to get back in the frame quickly. He has a very good look and style, and his problems stem from his lacklustre promos, which can easily be turned around. Ziggler's whole act is a little stagnant. He has had a few good matches, but there's just something a little lacking about him and I have always felt that he needs to adapt to succeed. If I'm honest, he stayed relevant for a lot longer than I thought he would.

Id like to think Swagger. I think he has a bit of Brock Lesnar and Kurt Angle about him (which can only be a good thing!), he just needs to get better on the mic. He knows what he wants to say but cant seem to get it over in a good way. Maybe a strong fued with someone like MVP or HBK or someone like that would help him get better on the stick and elivate his game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back