Jack-Hammer

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
I hate to say it but as much as I love the way this guy posts, he really doesn't follow our rules all the time. He is constantly posting duplicate topics just to get his own thoughts on paper in his own threads. I kind of figured that, as a mod, he'd have to post within the guidelines of our rules at all times.

I've infracted him for this type of shit in the past but when does it end? If he can't follow rules, I don't think he should stay as a mod.

On the positive side, the guy creates threads and posts like a freakin' madman. His stuff is really on-point and he constantly promotes discussion.

So, does the good outweigh the bad? Guys, weigh in.

I haven't noticed his duplicate thread-making. Could you give me some examples? I'd have to see them to give any sort of opinion on the matter I guess.

Perfect example is what he recently posted in the PPV section. He gave his personal reviews on the PPV, breaking down each match. We have sticky threads in that section for a reason.

Perfect example is what he recently posted in the PPV section. He gave his personal reviews on the PPV, breaking down each match. We have sticky threads in that section for a reason.

And this is different from what KB and myself do....how? If it's not harming anyone, don't worry about it. It's not a big deal. At all.

Actually, it is becoming a big deal. I get PM's from other warned/infracted member all the time who tell me, "If Jack-Hammer can do it then why can't I?" Or, "if you're warning me for this, are you going to warn Jack-Hammer, too?"

If one of our mods can't follow rules, why should the other members of the forum? It's annoying the fuck out of me.

Actually, it is becoming a big deal. I get PM's from other warned/infracted member all the time who tell me, "If Jack-Hammer can do it then why can't I?" Or, "if you're warning me for this, are you going to warn Jack-Hammer, too?"
The answer to this question is always, "Just like I don't discuss your Discipline with other posters, I do not discuss others' discipline with you."

If one of our mods can't follow rules, why should the other members of the forum? It's annoying the fuck out of me.
Have you PM'd him to discuss it with him? I don't ever notice it, but you seem to. I don't mind shooting him a PM, but if it's bothering you this much, perhaps a friendly PM might help fix things.

The answer to this question is always, "Just like I don't discuss your Discipline with other posters, I do not discuss others' discipline with you."

I never answered that way because, honestly, they all had a point.

Have you PM'd him to discuss it with him? I don't ever notice it, but you seem to. I don't mind shooting him a PM, but if it's bothering you this much, perhaps a friendly PM might help fix things.

I only notice it because I'm constantly patrolling the WWE sections where he posts the most. I haven't sent a PM to him, yet, but wanted to run it by my fellow G-Mod/Admin brethren, first.

Plus, if this is what it takes to get a thread created in this desolate shithole of a G-Mod room, then so be it. :)

I just don't see what the problem is here. KB and myself do the same thing. Granted, Jack-Hammer hasn't been around as long as us and endeared himself to the entire forum and staff like we did, but it's the same general thought.

Just shoot him a PM and ask him nicely to just post his reviews in the appropriate "Aftermath/Review" thread bro. If he refuses, which I highly doubt he will, then I guess Sly or KB can talk to him.

That's my two cents.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. And like I said, this subforum needed an enema.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back