• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

It's tough to post in the music section

Serious Mozzarella

Special Victims Unit
So I'm looking around in the music section, and the Music Tournament sections, because a few of you have asked me to post a bit in there in my Christmas thread, and I'm finding it really hard to find anything decent to say.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big music buff. It's just... it's hard to find anything to say when you can't really debate music fiction.

To those of you who actively post in the music section, please don't take any offense to this, but I would feel silly going into the music section and debating completely subjective opinions with others. Granted, the Music Tournament is probably a bit easier to post in, because you actually can recognize that one artist has more skill than another artist, but what makes some music better than others? What makes a band's album better than another album?

So yeah, I'm going to get around to posting in there, but it might take a while for me to rack my brain for anything to say.

I have the same problem as most of the threads concern crappy alternative rock like Linkin Park, etc.

I rarely see any debates doing on in the music forum, the tournament is another story, as that's meant to be a debate; but for the most part it's just general discussion about music

Most people feel like you have to just talk about the music, but it's much more than just that, I always try and tell new music posters to talk about all elements of the music. Like how it makes them feel, what they like to do when listening to said music, where they discovered the music or musician. There is so much more to talk about than just the music itself.

I'm one of three or four people who listens to electronic music, but that doesn't stop me from posting about it. If you like different kinds of music use the forum as an opportunity to share this music with the rest of us.

So go make a thread in the music forum, there's so much more to music than just debating.

Couldn't the same be said for the Movies/Television section? Or anything? Everything is a subjective opinion.

I have the same problem as most of the threads concern crappy alternative rock like Linkin Park, etc.

NOT MINE!!!

Some good metal bands are posted up whenever I feel like it in the songs of abnormal length/ me pushing metal music on the forums thread.

is this a debate brewing over music i smell?;)

It wouldn't last long at all. I have no argument. It'll go down like this:

"Pink Floyd is overrated."
"No they're not. Here are some examples:"
"It's just my opinion."
"Well... alright, I suppose."

Unless you get the occasional jackass that wants to call my opinion wrong, but then you get an entirely different 'debate' all together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back