• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

It's Official: So Long Jeff Hardy

How is Jeff afraid of success? He's had a tremendous career, he is a multiple time heavyweight champion, multiple time Tag champ and has i believe several IC titles too. The man has accomplished so much it isn't even funny. Maybe winning the Heavyweight title was the reason he stayed around as long as he did? The man has put on several good matches throughout his career, and basically came out of his shell during the January of 08.

Anyways, this is a sad day for Smackdown and the entire WWE. He is one of the most over faces in the entire E. He is a huge draw and has fans of all ages. Hopefully he comes back but until this end it leaves a huge hole on Smackdown in the Main Event scene. Maybe they'll give Matt a chance or something? i don't know but now someone has to step up.

For some reason, I get the feeling that the WWE is trying to screw with the IWC on this one. All these reports of Jeff leaving, leaving him out of pictures, then Matt tweeting that he's not leaving, etc. I could see the WWE pulling a fast one, letting everyone think that Punk will be winning sunday and Jeff leaving afterwards and then just going in the opposite direction. If he does decide to leave, then good for him. What those guys do every year is a tremendous grind, both mentally and physically. Anyone who says he is crazy, just ask yourself "If I could take a year or two off of work to relax and pursue other interests, would I?" As long as you can afford it, which I'm sure Jeff can, I can't imagine too many of you saying no to that question.

I think Matt is screwing with the IWC, actually.

The news headline on the Wrestlezone news site isn't just misleading ... it's actually downright false. Contrary to the headline, Matt never said that "Jeff wasn't leaving. He simply stated that he will be with WWE AFTER SummerSlam."

What does "After" mean? "After" could simply mean the one Smackdown after SummerSlam, and that could be it.

Reactions: X
Some people tend to forget that pro-wrestlers are human beings. They need vacation like us. They hurt like us. They need a break like us. So it's not a stupid move. This is like Michael Jordan retiring the first to pursue baseball. That didn't work out too well but he tried it. Jeff just wants to try other things. I wish him the best of luck. Atleast he's leaving on good terms and not being kicked out like last time.

I was glad to see him and Matt again, but I'd love to see one man Hardy's TLC match!

I would much rather he takes time off, if he isn't motivated anymore. Let's be honest, if Jeff isn't motivated then there's a huge chance that he can get back onto the drugs. We all know the schedule is tough, so if he feels like he's doing himself a favour by taking time off to re-charge himself then why get all pissed off?

Yeah, I'm sad he's leaving but he could come back. Look, Jericho left and came back. I know Hardy isn't near Jericho's level, nor was he as successful but yeah, get over it.

I don't think hardy is stupid, but he is a bit naive to leave at the height of his success, unless he is really done with it and wants out like RVD. I think he should have some time off, but not resigning could be a big mistake, and he could nver reach this point again.

Guys, your all blowing this way out of proportion, Jeff just wants some time off, hes burnt out, sure we all get tired of our jobs from time to time, but this is different, WWE is a hard business, everyone deserves some time off, sure its stupid to leave now, Top of his popularity, World Heavyweight Champion but whatever.

Jeff Hardy will come back eventually as will RVD.

Oh and just a quick note: Not that it means anything but Matt Hardy posted on his Twitter Account saying Jeff Hardy is NOT leaving WWE. Take it as you may.

Oh and just a quick note: Not that it means anything but Matt Hardy posted on his Twitter Account saying Jeff Hardy is NOT leaving WWE. Take it as you may.

Actually what Matt posted on his Twitter was that Jeff would be with the WWE after Summerslam. Which is what the first post in this thread says; it says his last show will be the Smackdown after Summerslam.

I personally am very angry about Jeff leaving, and I'm not even a fan of his. He has spent his entire career working to get to the level that he is at. He is the second biggest superstar in the company behind John Cena and is as popular with the younger generation as Cena is. Plus his high-flying style and dare-devil attitude in the ring means he is also very much over with the adult audience.

So why would Jeff, at this stage in his career, leave the WWE when he is one of the companies top guys? Theres a difference between taking some time off and completely leaving. Triple H took some time off after Backlash but he didn't feel the need to quit. If Jeff is so unmotivated at the moment, why not just take a break and still keep the same creditility that he had before he left?

This is an idiotic decision and I really don't care if he dosen't come back either.

I'm fine with Jeff leaving. I'm not a huge fan of his, so the potential of watching Smackdown without him doesn't bother me too much. They better let Punk go over him and win the TLC match though tomorrow night, because that would be a huge victory for him in this stage of his career.

My only question is, where does WWE go from here? The faces on Smackdown aren't really at the main event level right now. Are they going to expect Taker to main event every Smackdown title match? Do they think that Morrison is ready? Any chance that a wrestler from another show will come over to step up? What about Matt Hardy? The whole situation just puts a huge void on Smackdown, and I want to see where the show goes from here.

i honestly thought i would have more to say about this. i was a big hardy boys fan when i was 15. i thought they were fantastic. wen jeff beat triple h i literally marked out big time. again wen jeff returned and so on. but as time has worn on the jeff hardy story has become more and more tired. iv always apprechiated his ring work (spot monkey or not) but then a man named cm punk stole my attention. the rise of punk at expense of hardy has won me over. the sooner hardy goes and punk can start a program with taker the better in my eyes.

I am not happy about Jeff leaving as I am a fan of his. I don’t care if people called him a spot monkey or a drug addict, the guy still entertained me a lot. He might not have been the best but he was still good. I think there’s 3 ways to look at this.

First, he is leaving the fans for whatever his reasons may be. He feels burnt out and needs a break from wrestling so he isn’t going to continue doing it. Some fans aren’t going to be happy and are going to feel betrayed by him. There are fans that have followed and supported Jeff throughout his yeas in wrestling and he is just going to leave them. It’s understandable why some fans would feel that way.

Second, he is making a bad career move. Right now he is one of the most popular faces of the company and he is a World Champion. He has been very successful throughout the years and has worked hard, now all of the hard work is paying off and he is just going to walk away from it. Some people would think that when he returns (if he plans on returning at some point) then he still going to be as popular and is going to be put in the same position he is in now, but in pro-wrestling you never actually know. If he stays out too long, who knows if the fans are going to be excited for him coming back? That might have been the case when he returned a few years ago, but like I said, you never actually know.

Thirdly and this is one that a lot of people might disagree with, but if you think about it he is kind of screwing the company over. He’s a stop star and he is walking away from them when they need him most. They are in dire need of fresh main event wrestlers, and that’s exactly what he was. He was fresh and exciting, now he is going to be gone and they need to find someone to fill the void that is going to be left. Basically, the company needs him now more than ever but he is deciding to leave.

Those are the three ways I look at things and I really am sad he is going to leave them after Summerslam. I however have to agree with something someone said earlier in this thread. Jeff just simply doesn’t understand the wrestling industry and doesn’t have the same mindset that other wrestlers do when it comes to wrestling. I’m not going to claim I know about the wrestling industry like people who are actually in the industry, but I do know some things. Jeff is the type of guy who can’t be trusted like others because he has shown that once he gets bored of it or feels like there’s nothing more to do then he’ll leave or just won’t show the same passion; the company needs someone who isn’t like that. They need someone who they know they can trust to be with them and won’t leave once they are bored. Jeff is a lucky guy to be honest. I would be willing to bet that if he didn’t sell so much merchandise and wasn’t so popular, he would have been released a long time ago. I hope that once Jeff returns that he has changed his ways and knows that the company always comes first.

I've always been a fan of Jeff Hardy mostly because when i started really getting into wrestling the Hardy Boys were reaching their pinnacle and were my favorite tag team. Also, i wouldn't go so far as to say its official just because its been reported on the internet but I can accept that it's highly likely that he's leaving.

However, this hopefully will allow John Morrison to step up as a true main eventer once Undertaker's inevitable feud with CM Punk has ended. Who knows, maybe Matt can step up as a top babyface now to but i doubt it. I hope that Matt surprises me though. I originally thought Smackdown would be screwed when their top face Hardy left but they aren't as fucked as i believed, there's also Rey Mysterio who is another extremely popular, and in my opinion entertaining, wrestler who could have great matches with CM Punk.

I understand what you are saying, and it is a valid point. However...

Jeff Hardy is a notorious fuck-up, and has been for years. The fact that the WWE overlooked all of his fuck-ups (drug abuse, alcohol abuse, no-shows, etc.), and pushed him and booked him strong like they did, and more importantly, supported him like they have would tend to make people think that the WWE has been very good to him, and that Hardy should stick around and enjoy the benefits of the success that the WWE has provided for him, not just for his sake, but for the sake of the WWE, who has spent the last two years building him to be one of their big draws.

While I understand you're point, I think the argument can certainly be made that he WWE has been very good to Jeff Hardy, and now at the time where he can REALLY give back to them, he's leaving.

That makes sense to me. Jeff is contractually and financially in a position to take a break, which was my point, however it could be argued that WWE needs him now more than ever and he isn't going to be there for them. It's a valid point to say "Jeff could be giving back to the company that made him, and they really need it right now." It is not a valid point to say, as some people have, "Jeff is being a big fucking baby and he's abandoning them unfairly so he can go shoot up lol."

I think he is in tremendous pain from all the spots he has taken, WWE said "suck it up, we need you" figuring they had leverage, he said "WTF?!?!, I'm bouncing". If he does decide to comeback, he will get buried professionally.

With jeff being gone there will need to be another top level face brought over to SD. Undertaker is good no actually he is one of the best but with his age and the fact that he is rapidly exiting his prime, I don't see him putting all the up and comers over in the next year or so.

IMO, they should end this DX Legacy bullshit at the raw after summerslam and trade HBK to smackdown. I don't know about all of you, but I would absolutely love to see a long program with HBK and Punk for the title with HBK and Punk winning the title back and forth from each other. That feud would culminate at the rumble with punk going over and becoming a legit ME. Who doesn't want HBK to have at least one more run with the title?

Anyway, Edge would come back at the rumble and win the 30 man of course and stake his claim as no 1 contender for punks title. Edge comes back as a face, they can square off at Mania.

I think he is in tremendous pain from all the spots he has taken, WWE said "suck it up, we need you" figuring they had leverage, he said "WTF?!?!, I'm bouncing". If he does decide to comeback, he will get buried professionally.

Um... he probably is in tremendous pain and I don't think there's any doubt about that. But WWE never had any leverage in this situation. Jeff was the main guy over on SD so if anyone had leverage it was jeff. Why else would they throw all those pitches his way and practically pamper his ass to stay?

And no He will not be buried professionally when he comes back. What is your rationale on that. The man is arguably as over as Cena is maybe a little more. If anything, when he does come back they'll put the title on him quicker than you realize so they can have jeff put over the younger talent on the program at that time before he decided to take another sabbatical. So if he leaves like this a second time then yea he might be buried professional.

first of all kudos to the person who started this thread - haven't seen so much people posting replies like this in awhile.

Jeff Hardy hmm - worked some excellent matches, has had some interesting feuds throughout the past couple of years. He wants to leave to pursue other ventures - so be it - I'm actually all for it. I've stated before that I wasn't a huge fan or even a fan at all of Jeff - Iam however a major supporter of Matt. Matt's amazing victory over his brother at WM25 - new attire - and an open oppurtunity for new main eventers. I say FINALLY!!! Matt Hardy feuding with Punk - wow - I'm looking forward to the future. Or at least I hope this happens ha

I don't care how much a free spirit or whatever bullshit he is, he's an adult with responsibility. A responsibility to himself, a responsibility to his job, and, you know what, a responsibility to the people that made him what he is.

Let's not forget his responsibility to the fans. Jeff's been able to make a six-figure income because people enjoy watching him do what he does. Now, he'll take that away from us because he wants to do his creative thing.

It's great to do what you want to do, but the style of wrestling that Jeff uses is something only a young performer can manage. Can you imagine him doing it when he's in his 40's?

I feel the same way about Jeff as I do Rob Van Dam. It's fine to take a break but he left during his prime performance years. He may decide to come back when he's too old to wrestle in his high-flying style, which would cost him the following he needs to make it big. He might do better to suck it up and make his big money while he still can.

That goes for Jeff, too. Strike while the iron is hot and do your reality show after you retire.

It's better for you....better for your employer......better for your fans.

okay so after last night, we saw cm punk become a 3 time champ, taker returned, and now he's the new contender. where does jeff go from here, or is he still leaving? Because on Matts twitter it said Jeff was staying so.. I dunno. Post your thoughts

okay so after last night, we saw cm punk become a 3 time champ, taker returned, and now he's the new contender. where does jeff go from here, or is he still leaving? Because on Matts twitter it said Jeff was staying so.. I dunno. Post your thoughts

Matt's Twitter Did Not state that Jeff was staying. It said he was staying after SummerSlam. Why do you think that necessarily means he is "staying for good"? "Staying after SummerSlam" can mean simply staying for the Smackdown after SummerSlam.

Jeff is gone after Tuesday.

And he is simply going to probably stay home and relax. Probably get high. Who knows. He'll do whatever he wants to do.

Good for him. He is his own person and is not allowing WWE or fans dictate to him what he should be doing. He is living his life the way he wants to live it.

Yeah
i think Jeff is defo gone after Tuesday. I think thats what matt went. HEs usualy pretty hounest. It says hes staying after Summrslam not for good.

yeah i too think hel just take time of to relax for a year or two before making a return. I dunno. I think thats what Matt ment through.

I never really understood why people liked Jeff in the first place. Was it because of the Hardy boyz? probably. I mean this guy lacked a good gimmick. He went from nothing to this live in the moment guy and I guess for a lot of people it was enough to like him as a face. I have no problems with him leaving because I never really had an opinion of the guy. But I do think that he's made a stupid choice. The guy is more over than the Undertaker and earns a lot of money. People recognize him almost everywhere and all of his years in the WWE finally made him into a true superstar. But I can understand him wanting to leave. Being a wrestler is hard on the body and you cant see your family often. I hope this guy has a good life but he basically screwed his career.

Yup Its official He is gone from WWE and will reenter TNA as a suprise you'll see
Besides with Jeff's hectic schedule in WWE his back is taking a toll seriously if he wants a light schedule he will gladly fit in TNA again!! Maybe he regret leaving TNA in the first place but after he takes a break he'll be negotiating a comeback with TNA !!

Bye Jeff.

Well, I'm somewhat dissapointed but also a bit elated that Jeff has come to terms with what he wants to do. As a fan, I'm very dissapointed as I was loving his World Title reign and his past 12 months in the company. He's had great feuds with Triple H, Edge, Matt Hardy and CM Punk and has completely given his all in most match's. His promo work still needed work but fuck it's been much better compared to a year ago. For him to bail when he is arguably the most over superstar is surprising but honestly if he's leaving then he must be leaving for a legit reason.

I hope him all the best because I'm a complete hArdymArk (;)) and I hope to see him back on WWE television in the future.

P.S. - There is no way he's going to TNA whoever said that.

I never really understood why people liked Jeff in the first place. Was it because of the Hardy boyz? probably. I mean this guy lacked a good gimmick. He went from nothing to this live in the moment guy and I guess for a lot of people it was enough to like him as a face. I have no problems with him leaving because I never really had an opinion of the guy. But I do think that he's made a stupid choice. The guy is more over than the Undertaker and earns a lot of money. People recognize him almost everywhere and all of his years in the WWE finally made him into a true superstar. But I can understand him wanting to leave. Being a wrestler is hard on the body and you cant see your family often. I hope this guy has a good life but he basically screwed his career.

No. People liked him for who he was not because of the Hardy boys,yes that was a part of it, but then he became his self. Your just mad that you can't be him, and your girlfreind wants him. Plus he has a lot more respect that you will ever have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back