It's Official- James Spader Joins The Cast Of "The Office"

Another fan of The Office on this forum? I never though i'd see the day!
But dude, I think you're confused. James Spader isn't replacing Steve Carell as the boss, he is just becoming CEO of Dunder-Mifflin. As to Michael's replacement, I wish they'd tell us who he is. It's really annoying, I want it to be Catherine Tate or Ricky Gervais as I do enjoy british wry humor. Imagine Gervais and Dwight as best buds, that shit writes itself.
As to James Spader's role, it will be like Jann's used to be in the first four seasons. An appearance every 2 episodes or so. Anyway, Sly will be happy.

I know he's not taking over the job of office manager- rather I was referring to the "lead comedy" role held by Steve Carrell. His departure left a hole in the show & Ferrell didnt quite live up to the task. Spader will do a largely better job & will most likely be on more than every other episode. The show has a good dynamic & it seems like Spader will be a good fit.

Does anyone else watch the show?

Spader on The Office will be great. I just hope he does not disappoint like Ferrell did. The show will never be the same without Carell, but Spader could certainly add several interesting moments of his own to the show. I will give this a chance with an open mind. Even though Ferrell's run was disappointing and Carell's character is irreplaceable, there is the chance that Spader's character could be good. I look forward to seeing what he does on The Office because I really enjoyed his work in Boston Legal, which is such an underrated show. If he does only do a few episodes then at least we will still have people like Dwight and Jim to carry the show.

I know he's not taking over the job of office manager- rather I was referring to the "lead comedy" role held by Steve Carrell. His departure left a hole in the show & Ferrell didnt quite live up to the task. Spader will do a largely better job & will most likely be on more than every other episode. The show has a good dynamic & it seems like Spader will be a good fit.

Does anyone else watch the show?

The lead comedy? Mmm... I'm not sure, it really depends on who they cast as the new Regional Manager. If it's someone like Jim, then Spader will be instrumental in the comedy. However, if they just cast someone such as Gervais or Tate then I see him in a recurring role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back