It's Offical- 4th Stage Evolutions in Pokemon

Ever played Gold, Silver or Crystal? It was the same but with 16 badges instead. Aside from the Ice Cavern, Sprout Tower, Radio Tower and Rocket Base (which are all incredibly short) all other dungeons are side-quests.

Gen 2 is the most overrated pokemon generation, closely followed by Gen 1. Piss easy gyms, low level league, very little plot, and a barely there villain team and literally nothing to do in Kanto. The games probably would have been much better if they didn't include Kanto. There wasn't enough space left over to do much with both areas on a GB Cart. Gen 3 was a big step forward in a lot of ways.

Whitney was anything but piss easy.

But back to Mega Pokemon, Mega Kanghaskhan was just announced.

So at this point I'm assuming that every fully evolved Pokemon will get a mega form - this basically feels like the Dream World mk 2, intended to help keep redundant older pokemon relevant.

Gen 2 is the most overrated pokemon generation, closely followed by Gen 1. Piss easy gyms, low level league, very little plot, and a barely there villain team and literally nothing to do in Kanto. The games probably would have been much better if they didn't include Kanto. There wasn't enough space left over to do much with both areas on a GB Cart. Gen 3 was a big step forward in a lot of ways.
Kanto did a lot in the sake of nostalgia for those games. Looking back now it barely added anything other than more gyms but there was something fun about going there and having the music be a throwback to first gen.

Kangaskan looks pretty cool. Double attacks in mega form is pretty awesome. Kind of wish they made the small baby a unique Pokemon but whatever I can deal with it finally coming out of the pouch and it just being considered a baby version of it.

So at this point I'm assuming that every fully evolved Pokemon will get a mega form - this basically feels like the Dream World mk 2, intended to help keep redundant older pokemon relevant.

The real question is whether mega evolution for single stage Pokemon count for little cup. Seems like he kind of thing Smogon will leap at the chance to be idiots about.

I don't play the format, or any Smogon format any more (Challenge cup all the way), but aren't items a disproportionately large deal in LC?

I'm also interested to see what Smogon does with this. I wouldn't be surprised if according to them they ban it all together.

I'm also interested to see what Smogon does with this. I wouldn't be surprised if according to them they ban it all together.

They'll ban some of them (there's no way MegaBlaze is staying), but it seems to me like running a mega stone means your pokemon can't hold any other item, which may limit its utility.

Kangaskhan got a fun boost with its mega mode. Its attacks will hit twice per turn which for all intents and purposes gives it an attack stat of 190. Yeah. Deoxys-A has an attack stat of 180, for comparason.

I'm pretty sure these stones are gonna be rare as hell and a specific one for each Pokemon. It seems the one for Blaziken will be event-exclusive as it's already announced for the U.S. Though they give you a Torchic with the stone instead of Blaziken right away.

]
mega_blaziken.png

Leviathan draws near! Death is at hand! We cannot outrun the beast!

Idk, I just wanted to use that quote for something.

I'm pretty sure these stones are gonna be rare as hell and a specific one for each Pokemon. It seems the one for Blaziken will be event-exclusive as it's already announced for the U.S. Though they give you a Torchic with the stone instead of Blaziken right away.

I assume you'll need a copy of X and/or Y for it, yes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back