It's Offical- 4th Stage Evolutions in Pokemon

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
Today a scan of the next edition if coro-coro came out revealing a new concept for Pokemon being a "mega evolution." It showed two three stage evolutions turning into a 4th stage evolution.

My mind is blown.

It's temporary transformations a la Shaymin and the Kami trio. It's what grants Mewtwo her (yes, HER) new form.

Like Digimon's Burst Mode.

Yeah you have to have a mega stone or something like that to make it happen. I'm going to buy it because its pokemon but I hope the story is better than in black and white.

Pfh. Insinuating that Pokemon is based on any sort of actual story is hilarious.

Here's the story: Your a trainer. You have no experience, but a professor decides to trust you to do his job for him, because why the fuck not. You go out, becoming the best trainer on the planet, surpassing people who have trained their entire lives, in mere days. You roam the lands, take people's money, steal random shit from houses, and beat everyone who looks at you into submission. You collect all the Pokemon (or at least like, 30 of them), beat the greatest trainers on the planet in survivor-style tournament, and become the very best. Like no one ever was.

Also, there's always a team of morons trying to stop you. You are, in general, a child, thwarting major corporations. Because everyone that isn't you, is ******ed. Nobody can function without your existence, at least not properly. Occassional the evil baddies have an alignment of morality that raises issues, but it really never actually matters.

I'm conflicted with the upcoming generation of Pokemon. I haven't actually liked anything I've seen, except for the general 3D movement of the games. Which is funny, because everyone in gaming is either complaining about making 2D games 3D, or about making newer games go back to older styles. So really, I don't give a fuck about the graphical stylings of a game, so long as it plays well and is still really fun.

This fourth stage mega-evolution thing is weird. I never really liked the pokemon who had multiple sideways-moving forwards, rather than typical evolutional paths. And I'm pretty sure I'm not going to like having a handful of monsters that can super evolve, in match, gain new abilities, and break the game.

I'm just disillusioned with the whole series, honestly. To make a wrestling reference, once there were 20 members of the NWO, and the NWO Wolfpac, it didn't matter. Nobody gave a shit. I loved the first two generations of Pokemon. I didn't like the third, but I liked the game play of the 4th as it game to DS for the first time. I heard great things abotu Gen V, but every time I saw a newer monster, I thought it looked terrible. When they started making Pokemon out of ice cream cones, I stopped caring.

I will play this new game, in hopes that maybe that can recapture what I cared about as a kid. Good RPG gameplay, a solid grinding system, and collecting awesome Pokemon to discover their possible evolutions. If they can do that, than great. If the new series of creatures are ******ed..well, I'll probably just be done with it. I'm a full grown adult; I really don't NEED to be buying Pokemon games every year. xD

Normally this wouldn't be a bad thing if it was for an evolutionary line that needed a buff, but good fucking grief, they're giving Blaziken, a Pokemon in the Ubers tier competitively even more of a buff. Not to mention that all these mega evolutions are is adding more parts to the Pokemon (literally, they're recycling those ribbon things on Kyurem-W and they've put them on Blaziken), and it's just pointless.

Hugely disappointed with this, hope these crappy mega evolutions are banned from the competitive environment and I hope they're ditched next generation. Terrible idea on the whole.

I thought I read something on this, I was under the impression that it was like a temporary form or a mode shift like Shaymin or Giratina. Seems I was right.

As opposed to the barely there stories of the previous gens?

Diamond and Pearl had a pretty good story to it, best villain in the series anyhow. Most people probably hated Black and White because of how whiny N was. B&W still had a great story though.

I'll beat the first to say mega amphoros looks like they cut the fur off a Mareep and stuck it on him.
Considering it's Mareeps final stage, it fits. Now why it inherits the "Dragon" type with the power up is beyond me. It used to be a fucking sheep. But I don't have a real problem with it. Though it's adopting way too much of Digimon's own ridiculous evolution patterns. Storyline-wise, they've been getting better and better as they become more fleshed out with each passing generation.

I just couldn't get into it compared to D.P.PT, black am white 2 was just gym leader battles after each other...no break in between.
Ever played Gold, Silver or Crystal? It was the same but with 16 badges instead. Aside from the Ice Cavern, Sprout Tower, Radio Tower and Rocket Base (which are all incredibly short) all other dungeons are side-quests.

Remembering that I love Platinum now. Because there was actual content between the gyms. It took you hours to get to some of them, because there were side quests, and caves, and towers, etc.. Probably the most content in any of the games, I'd say. Although I do like Crystal for the longevity as well, but it was a lot of spamming gym to gym at times.

Have you fucking played black and white two? 15-20 hours of avg play time when I'm not on a speed run. Go back to pretending you know shit about wrestling.

Diamond and Pearl had a pretty good story to it, best villain in the series anyhow. Most people probably hated Black and White because of how whiny N was. B&W still had a great story though.

Totally agree with this. Cyrus was an excellent villain. The battle in the Distortion World might be one of the most annoying as well especially if you're not expecting it. I remember rocking my B team for it just for some training getting to Cyrus and the Distortion World Maze was a piss off and then when I go to him and couldn't beat him with my team. Oh I was so frustrated.

Are there any pictures? The last Pokémon game I played was Diamond but I'm genuinely interested in seeing any new evolutions of the species from the older games.

awakened_mewtwo.png
mega_blaziken.png

mega_lucario.png

scan_mega_absol.png

scan_mega_ampharos.png

scan_mega_mawile.png

Oh god 6 of them.... I hope you can only have one at a time. I'd love to see a six man mega team in every battle...>.>

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back