• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

It's Not Just AJ Styles Invading Other Promotions

He's Phenomenal

Getting Noticed By Management
There's a thread below regarding AJ Styles defending his TNA World Title in AAA, and although this is more low key I'm surprised no one has mentioned Samoa Joe going to Championship Wrestling from Hollywood to face Willie Mack!

Perhaps nobody watches CWFH so doesn't know about this? For anyone who doesn't know much about Willie Mack, IMO, he's a better version of Samoa Joe. Mack is similar to Joe in bodyshape and the fact he moves around like a Crusierweight but from what I've seen of both me, Mack is more impressive in what he can do in the ring. I've wanted to see this match happen (although in TNA) for a while now, I think it's the fact that Willie Mack just looks like a black version of Samoa Joe that I've wanted to see it happen, but I'm glad it is happening. Anyone else looking forward to this match as well as AJ's?

That's now two of TNA's top guys going to face other promotions top guys and I'm wondering whether this may be something TNA goes further with down the line? Would you like to see more of this happen in the future? Or perhaps you'd rather other promotions talents start showing up on iMPACT? To me it seems like something that could be pretty cool if more of it starts happening.

TNA's not promoting this?

Sounds like they're telling guys to supplement their paychecks with work for other promotions.

Willie Mack is good, wouldn't say he's in Joe's league and hopefully with him having finally made his return to PWG after being in Super Dragon's bad books for awhile (for being lazy and not showing up to events on time) he'll have been given a confidence boost, but this match isn't going to fall on anybodies radar because while it has a minor television deal, Championship Wrestling from Hollywood still isn't making any headlines and is still considered an indy.

I'm not too in the know on what the terms of Joe's appearance are but if he is making an appearance on their television show - which would surprise me considering how TNA have a stronghold on their talent not to appear on other promotions TV shows, iPPV's and DVD's - it's great for CWFH. If not they still might draw a good number to attend.

Don't like it at all. What happens if Joe or AJ get injured in one of these matches? So, they end getting hurt working outside of TNA. Why take that risk if your the talent and TNA?

this just shows how worthless this storyline is. TNA has always allowed wrestlers to wrestle spot shows outside of there company. Hell there doing it now all the time. So its not such a big deal for aj, even if he is the champion, to wrestle somewhere else. When it was cm punk it would have been different, because wwe never lets wrestlers go outside of there company to wrestle. Its something thats never happened so when it does happen its special.

TNA's not promoting this?

Sounds like they're telling guys to supplement their paychecks with work for other promotions.

I believe there was actually a report about exactly this that came out a week or two ago. TNA, for years, required their performers to exclusively be seen on TNA only, and I believe had a clause put into most contracts that prohibited TNA performers from wrestling elsewhere if video production of any kind was being produced of it. From what I remember reading, they've relaxed that rule now, and are allowing performers an opportunity to do exactly what you noted as a means to make money, especially if they're not being used and are on per-appearance contracts that don't have guarantees.

It's a match I plan on seeing, and I believe it's online on CWFH's website. Willie Mack is a crowd favorite there, and is making a small buzz. This is definitely in the same vein as old school NWA or AWA swapping talent. But in Joe's case this might be a one time only thing.

I believe there was actually a report about exactly this that came out a week or two ago. TNA, for years, required their performers to exclusively be seen on TNA only, and I believe had a clause put into most contracts that prohibited TNA performers from wrestling elsewhere if video production of any kind was being produced of it. From what I remember reading, they've relaxed that rule now, and are allowing performers an opportunity to do exactly what you noted as a means to make money, especially if they're not being used and are on per-appearance contracts that don't have guarantees.

TNA doesn't really enforce this rule anymore. Robbie E wrestled for a small promotion in western New York a couple of years ago and made a cameo on their weekly tv show (which was on at 1:00am on Sunday mornings) on at least a couple of episodes.

Just to more-or-less end this thread here, out of boredom and thanks to my screwed up sleeping pattern I'd nothing better to do but see if Joe was actually appearing in-full for CWFH, and guess what? He's not. Joe is appearing at a live event for CWFH which will not be televised or featured on the Internet, according to its website "due to contractual agreements."

A couple of months ago Bully Ray (and before Bully Ray, Rob van Dam) came to the Netherlands, Dutch Pro Wrestling. This is nothing new, TNA wrestlers work for a lot of other indy companies.

ya other companies are getting in to the act

XWA OHIO invaded impact wrestling last night. wrestlers such as ODB and EC3 were told by Dixie Carter President of TNA Wrestling to be on the look out for xwa wrestlers and logos as quoted by Ethan Carter III "my aunt told me to look out for invaders" reported by XWA wrestler Brandon Blaze. Now it is also reported that TNA ref. Brian Hebner commented on the "Invasion" as quoted "About damn time". As of now TNA management has not been reached for comment on the Invasion of their company by XWA OHIO in Canton OH nor would they say if they would work together in the future

I would enjoy cross promotion. It would be cool to be introduced to wrestlers I otherwise wouldn't see and find out about other wrestling companies . It seems like a win win situation for the fans and the companies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back