• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

It's Heavily Implied That Abyss Rapes Chelsea

I like TNA and all and i dont see any sexual deviance towards Chelsea, however its getting really really hard to cheer for Abyss. Wolfe should be a tweener if anything and Chelsea getting hurt should have been more like when the Rock got Debra in trouble and Austin beat the crap out of anyone near her and the Rock himself. Wolfe comes out there to help his lover but gets his ass kicked by Rob Terry and Abyss... again. Its dumb. Plain and simple. That heel turn cant come soon enough.

Should we not forget the idiotic heidenreich(sorry if i'm wrong) and Michael Cole angle.
Let me recap-Heidenreich was a perv who had a "crush" on Michael Cole. He carried him to the back locked him in a closet with him and read him a poem and sang to him. Then he did the unthinkable and raped him. One of the most bizarre things I've seen in the WWE since I've started watching.

Now for the Abyss angle. It's not completely uncommon for angles like that to happen.
(E.G.- Katie Vick and Kane/Lita Pregnancy angles) I just think it could have been worked out better than that. It could have been Abyss just protecting anyone man or woman from getting near her. Much like Derrtown said above like the Austin/Debra angle. Angles like these are just plain stupid. They shouldn't even have Abyss as a face I liked him way better as "The Monster" Abyss. They need to turn him heel....NOW!

Ok, perhaps we've all overreacted a little with the rape ideas, but it's still a really weird, very terrible angle. If he's concerned for Chelsea's well-being, then that's only come up AFTER he got her services. When he won the match he picked her up over his shoulder, laughing, spitting on her (by accident I hope) and carried her away while she screamed and panicked.

Sure, since then, he's protected her and taking a kicking from Desmond, and maybe they're trying to move this to the CM Punk/Kelly Kelly/Mike Knox angle... or Kazarian/Traci/Robert Roode angle with the woman eventually turning on the heel to side with the face... but it's still weird. Why does he need to own her to accomplish that? Why can't he simply stand up for her while she's with Wolfe? If someone can give me a reason I'd love to hear it.

The entire ownership thing was just an awful idea. As I said, Abyss originally carried her away laughing his ass off and looking scary. The match emerged from him wanting to get revenge on Chelsea and Wolfe, not because he was in love with Chelsea and wanted to liberate her if only for 30 days. No. What was his motivation for wanting to own her? Rape jokes aside, it's pretty creepy if you ask me.

Ownership angles should not still be done in wrestling when it comes to a male owning a female. Men making other men their servants and publicly humiliating them can provoke some laughs, but the idea of a man owning a woman has far too many sexual connotations to be acceptable, especially when the owner is a giant ******ed monster and the woman owned is really attractive and provocatively dressed.

Whether or not he's raping her is irrelevant. The angle is stupid and unnecessary if the end result they want is Chelsea being Abyss' latest beauty to his beast, as that could have been achieved without any form of ownership stipulation. What has been achieved by him owning her? Nothing but an entire topic devoted to discussing whether or not he's raping her, that's what.

The only way I can see to save this angle is to turn chelsea into his dominatrix.

Or give birth to mae west's hand.

Awfull.

Wait. Its coming to me... Some type of services vs services thing where wolfe wins back chelsea, then wins the "services" of abyss- and gives them to Orlando Jordan.

I just threw up in my mouth a bit.

It might also do to re-evaluate Chelsea's "job".

Is she a valet?

A manager?

A girlfriend?

Just a hot chick?

Or a ****e?

Seriously, how many times has she told Wolfe to go "get her some gold of her own"?

It might not be a bad idea to get that big goofy monster the services of a ****e for a month or so. Be an excuse for Hogan to hire his buddy the Godfather, too ;)

Yeah, yeah, this story line was awesome in 1986 when it was George "the Animal" Steele and Randy Savage, and Miss elizabeth, sans rape. Or Kane and Lita, it's just more ripping off old story lines. As much as I want to like TNA they do this crap again and again. I hope HDnet expands and ROH becomes #2, their creative at least tries. Doesn't matter, Wolfe would be a face next week, and Abyss will be his tag partner and go for gold, nothing ever makes sense in TNA, and nothing lasts for over a month now.

LOL, good statement at the end, I think its pretty fucked that we haveto cheer on that freak abyss. I cheer for one of the greatest wrestlers of all time desmond wolfe. I hate how hogan makes abyss looks like the good guy, and makes him rape chelsea, I really think thats what that fat fuck abyss is doing.

Only in wrestling is the rapist portrayed as the good guy and the man attempting to protect this woman is portrayed as the bad guy. Compelling TV, we have here. This has got to be one of the most poorly put together storylines in the history of entertainment- not just wrestling- but across the board in all forms of entertainment. It's really that bad.

TNA is putting Abyss out there as one of the companies top babyfaces yet we're led to believe that he is repeatedly hurting Chelsea in some horrible way. It's pathetic. Call me crazy, but there has to be some other angle to work that will get Abyss over as a top babyface.

o my another boo hoo Im gunna look for anything wrong with TNA to complain about. the ring angle everybody thought was a joke. so the move abyss's character on to something else, I think this PG WWE era is causing wrestling fans to be *****es. maulling doesnt in itself mean rape if u think so, buy a dictionary, I think Taz made a joke u read too much into. but the fighting for a female manager is old, Hogan Vs Macho Man for Miss Elizabeth, Test Vs Steiner for Stacy Keibler, Angle Vs Booker for Sharmell. Besides Hogan has said himself that they are working on Abyss turning on hogan, so Im guessing he will be turning heel not hogan

considering storylines like this had happened in excess since, probably, the beginning of wrestling, why is someone all of a sudden bothered by it now? i'm not sure why someone has to automatically think rape.

i do have to say, that the people who are absolutely disgusted by the storyline and think rape may have some problems in their perverted little minds as well.

What I don't understand is how they can portray a possible psychopath as a 'good guy'. Just because he's a tortured soul doesn't mean he's a 'good guy'. I mean, they're going in so many different directions with this. I think they're trying to go the 'King Kong' route with this and make it to where the ugly monster gets the hell beaten out of him by whomever and Chelsea starts to feel sympathy for him. It's too predictable and can't be good for the story in general.

And as far as implying that Chelsea's being raped? Probably. TNA's going for edgier content than before. So it's entirely possible they may be trying to go for that kind of angle on it.

Not sure what the big argument is in here. It's clear that Abyss is going off to have sex with her and she doesn't want it. Not much more to look into. Seriously, what else can he be doing with her "services" over the next months?

The even worse part of this is that we're going to get a solid month or 2 more of Wolfe/Aybss until this entire wretched thing plays out. That should give us some more ridiculously stupid moments to laugh at.

It's just a rubbish angle. I love Wolfe, but I absolutely hate Abyss and the idea of him being anywhere near the top face in the company. You can't put a whole company on that fat fucker's shoulders surely? He should be kept in mid-card hardcore matches to push better, more original wrestlers.

Rape? I'm not sure about that. They'll go down the route of Chelsea feeling sorry for him.

Ok, enough of this. From my point of view the debate isn't over whether or not Abyss is raping Chelsea, it's about how badly written and executed this storyline is.

Yes, fighting over valets has happened for decades, but it isn't meant to happen this way. Heels steal beautiful women away and laugh and then a face comes along and frees them and we cheer. The heels treat the women like dirt on TV and that's the extent of the ownership.

Abyss is a monster, he roars, spits, laughs, claps and scares the bejesus out of her, and he has taken her against her will. He owns her for 30 days, but what on earth is that meant to mean? Like, what did the writers want us to take from that? It doesn't matter what it is, it matters that the writers have failed to clarify it, and it would only take one line of dialogue from someone on-screen to clear it up. It's sloppy writing.

If they're going for Abyss has fallen in love with Chelsea and wants to rescue her from Desmond, then why does he want to own her? To sit her down and treat her well for 30 days whether she likes it or not so that when she's free she'll stay? Why bother? Why not just be nice to her? Also, Chelsea at times gives off the vibe of a girlfriend to Wolfe, and at times he seems to be working for her in some regard, so what exactly is she being saved from? Again, sloppy writing (they really need to make it clear what the relationship between Wolfe and Chelsea is too).

It's a badly written angle, it's been put together badly, executed badly, and it doesn't appear to be heading to anything resembling clarity or quality. The issue of rape is really just a series of jokes that are highlighting how badly written it is, it's not a literal issue of Abyss being a potential rapist, we know he isn't.

I agree with you Greenlight. Even with this implication of rape, the whole Impact zone was cheering Abyss on as if he were some sort of hero. I think that the TNA writing staff could have used the idea between Chelsea and Abyss but with out the whole "owning" thing. This is a poor attempt by TNA to make their product different from the WWE.

Well someone just murdered the Undertaker and now a face Kane is going to hunt them down and kill them. Does everyone go bash WWE now? Didn't think so hypocrites. This implied rape "idea" is one of the most ******ed ways I have seen people try and knock TNAs product. Why people get on here everyday and complain about abyss is beyond me. You would think if they hated his storyline and the product so much they would not be obsessed with it.

Well someone just murdered the Undertaker and now a face Kane is going to hunt them down and kill them. Does everyone go bash WWE now? Didn't think so hypocrites. This implied rape "idea" is one of the most ******ed ways I have seen people try and knock TNAs product. Why people get on here everyday and complain about abyss is beyond me. You would think if they hated his storyline and the product so much they would not be obsessed with it.

Yup. Look at some of the past storylines from other companies. It has been implied that Vince McMahon has had sexual relations with his daughter when she was younger. Kane had sex with a corpse. Goldberg got arrested in a similar storyline on WCW television for supposedly doing about the same thing to Miss Elizabeth. Oh, and what about when DDP was stalking the Undertakers wife? I can also seem to remember another storyline where Edge and Lita had sex on live Television. Then there was also the time when Vince McMahon was treating Trish Stratus like a dog on television, among other things. Oh, and Randy Savage going after Kimberly Page in WCW and getting locked in a hotel room with her for several hours only to have DDP show up and free her and she was a beat up mess with those kinds of implications as well. So yeah, TNA is not the first company to pull this crap and sadly, they won't be the last.

Would we still be hypocrites if we talked smack about every idea as stupid as implied rape? Because I do. I hate the character because it degrades the product.

It seems that everyone here is forgetting one simple answer to this whole problem. If you don't want to see those segments then change the damn channel or just pause your recording for a few minutes then fast forward through it. Sure it's been done to death but hey when was the last time someone came up with something original ? WCW doing the NWO taking over. Thats about the most recent original idea by a company, almost everything else being done now has been done time and time again.

The rape issue is absolutely ridiculous. If people actually watched the show they would see that after Taz's one comment about it it hasn't been brought up that Abyss is doing anything to Chelsea other than keeping her around to get in the head of Desmond and piss him off. Thats what the story is doing and if you can't see that then maybe you need to re-evaluate how you perceive things. Some times a cigar is just a cigar people.

Other than that do I enjoy the story? No. I think it's a waste and ever since they let Abyss start talking he has dropped in value in my mind as well as many others. He comes off now as a pathetic vesion of Eugene/late Mankind as opposed to when he was the monster Kane/early mankind. He was at least interesting since you never knew what he was thinking but now it's just sad. Thankfully we have, what? Two weeks until this ridiculous thing it over with.

i think that TNA is trying to recreate the attitude era to hard so they are using this story, they can make it intense pg-13, while wwe has hornswoggle run round and kids scream... When it comes to SHOW quality, TNA. When storyline quality, WWE by far

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back