• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

It's competition time!

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
What's the prize? My undying love!

I just want to bring a bit of fun once again to this section, so it's competition time.

The rules are simple

1) Work should be a new one, not a sig you've already made but a new one!

2) I will pick the theme

3) You have a week to do it

4) Remember spam rules are in place, tell us what you did and why you did it.

5) There's no size limit on this.

So the opening round shall be "Movies that will never be released" go wild!

Fantastic, glad to see someone's paying attention to this place. :) It's bursting with activity now. Whoever merged all of Safari's threads is awesome. Now that this place is more active, maybe people can actually look at it closer, make some desicions and whatnot. Need someone to show it some love. Haha.

I was actually thinking of showing to all these newbies what respect and fun is by seeing if Dave was up for another battle since our first one was awesome, but this is good too.

Presenting:

wzthemovie.jpg

Try and guess what represents who!

I made this because I felt like it. I did a little gradient thing and did a city skyline brush, had a picture of clouds I used as a background, and found images to slap on there. Did a stroke + Bevel&Emboss for the title text, and just a Bevel&Emboss for "The Movie". It was just fun, this was.

Reactions: Lee
jcmu.jpg

Right here's a pretty basic piece. I decided to use a white background with no color or brushes. I edited in various titles on cena, as well as the MITB briefcase, all to emphasize the title (or point) of the never-to-be-released film. I used bevel and emboss on the main text, and put a two pixel black border to finish.

DaffneyBiopic1.png

Reason behind making the image:
Not enough female wrestlers of any age receive the nod they should. Of course, I mark for the dark side-warriors of professional wrestling; Daffney was my immediate choice.

Method:
Background images are simply set to overlay, showing up best on the gray tones and not so much on the white and black.

Font is a simple inner stroke & outer glow combo.

Main image of Daffney is a repeated, High-Passed & then set to overlay image. Laying one on top of the other gives a boost to the detail.

Reactions: Lee
Digital Night wins this round, his looked better in my opinion.

Next round sig fans will go for the same sort of vein:

Video games we'll never see (try and keep away from wrestlers!)

thisoldhouse.png

Konami has finally lost their mind completely.

How I did it:

Blue print brushes from some random online source onto what I considered a blueprint color. (different strokes for different folks there)

PS3 bar and texts were cut from an image, and placed atop the blueprint image.

Wire frame house was placed on top of blue print, text with 2px black border on front and back to "This Old House" specifications.

I left the product details blank, because I really couldn't think of how this game could be dangerous to anyone. The TV show puts me to sleep. So I guess you might fall into your bowl of Frosted Flakes if you play it... other than that, no clue. :)

And viola! all done. :)

gmf.png

Gitaroo Man is one of my favorite games ever, and easily my favorite music game. It was a ton of fun, quirky, and had some INCREDIBLE music. I doubt a true sequel will ever get released (Though the PSP remake, Gitaroo Man Lives! was good) but I can dream. I found a cityscape on Google, superimposed Gitaroo Man on it, added a black gradient to the cityscape in order to darken it, duplicated the cityscape and did a blur and set the blurred layer to lighten in order to flesh out the detail and add a glowing effect. I did some brushes at the bottom, then did a spotlight on the whole thing. I replaced bits of the Gitaroo with the Wiimote and Nunchuk, and I edited the Gitaroo Man logo.

I like how it turned out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back