It's been 4 years already. R.I.P Eddie

Jtkronus

Dark Match Winner
Alas we have reached November 13th. That day, I remember it was a Sunday(4 years ago), I went to WWE's website to check out stuff like I do normally. The shock that came through my body is something that almost what everybody felt. Eddie Guerrero had passed, and I was confused. I must have refreshed the page about 10 times for it to sink to realize what had actually happened. Irony, he was supposed to win the title from Batista that same night in a triple threat match.

I barely ever cry for someone that I hardly know. When Raw came up and showed that memorial video I bawled like a baby. He brought so much charisma to the industry. He brought an element that could not be matched. He was a mediator and a medium for a lot in the industry. It feels like we all knew him for a long time because, for some, we followed him through channel to channel, company to company. ECW, WWE, WCW, Japan, we followed his career as it took off before our very eyes. Still to this day if he didn't die that Benoit would be still alive today. More than others when Eddie died that was the starting point of Benoit's breakdown. I'm saying this because that shows how important Eddie was to some people.

In this thread I ask you as fans to tell us your favorite moment of Eddie and why. My favorite was when he started to get his funny back in his last match with Mr. Kennedy. The whole manipulating the referee that Kennedy hit him with the chair. It was classic Eddie and was refreshing.

He will always be missed by all. I still remember like it was yesterday. I wish I can change what happened.

My favorite Eddie Guerrero moment was watching him take the World Title from Brock Lesner. It was a great match, made even greater because I was able to witness it live! It was my first live WWE event in many years, and the first (and only, to date) time I'd actually get to see a major World Heavyweight title change hands. It was also monumental because the San Francisco Cow Palace went ape-shit crazy when he won.

Since Chavo also won the Cruiserweight title earlier in the night, it was a great night for the Guerrero family. All the Latinos at that venue were partying for sure that night!

My favorite Eddie Guerrero moment was actually his whole feud with Jbl. It got me a fan of not only Jbl but Eddie Guerrero. But before that feud I never liked him for some reason. Rest in peace Eddie Guerrero. Doesn't anyone find it Ironic that its Friday the 13th?

It’s been 4 years already and I still miss watching Eddie. He was one phenomenal wrestler that I knew would always entertain me. He never disappointed me when it came to his matches and I’m glad I had the privilege of watching him perform week in and week out for the WWE.

Anyways, one of my favorite moments is watching his match with Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania XX. I know it isn’t his best match ever, but I thought it was a great match and that entertained me entirely. I also liked the ending of WMXX with him and Chris Benoit. R.I.P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back