• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Isn't WWE's Way of "breaking through the Indian market" Stupid?

Sad to read all theses negatives comment about jinder, while I think that his character is becoming repetitive, he could say the same thing from prety much everybody that was put in the same position on the roster.

The way he's getting push reminds me of seth rrollins and kevin owens push when they we're wwe and universal champion respectively. He's a typical cowardly heel with sidekick that help them retain and given the situation, he does a pretty good job at it. He took the opportunity and ran with it but I think that the IWC still sees him as the jobber he was and don't want to except him as a main event or even a upper card player.

Somebody brought up bray wyatt getting sacrifice for jinder's push. Let's face it, if they would have put wyatt in jinder's place or even rusev, thhey wouldn't have done better because they would have been booked the same way as Jinder. The problem isn't jinder, it's how they booked they're heel characters. They are stuck in the same cookie cutter roles and it hurts them more then help them in the end.

The fact is jinder is a pretty good heel and he's getting good heel heat even with the lack of crowd which is normal this time of the year anyway.

Comparing Jinder to a guy like Kevin Owen. Hahaha!!!

Sad to read all theses negatives comment about jinder, while I think that his character is becoming repetitive, he could say the same thing from prety much everybody that was put in the same position on the roster.

The way he's getting push reminds me of seth rrollins and kevin owens push when they we're wwe and universal champion respectively. He's a typical cowardly heel with sidekick that help them retain and given the situation, he does a pretty good job at it. He took the opportunity and ran with it but I think that the IWC still sees him as the jobber he was and don't want to except him as a main event or even a upper card player.

Somebody brought up bray wyatt getting sacrifice for jinder's push. Let's face it, if they would have put wyatt in jinder's place or even rusev, thhey wouldn't have done better because they would have been booked the same way as Jinder. The problem isn't jinder, it's how they booked they're heel characters. They are stuck in the same cookie cutter roles and it hurts them more then help them in the end.

The fact is jinder is a pretty good heel and he's getting good heel heat even with the lack of crowd which is normal this time of the year anyway.

Jinder gets good heat? Na, nobody gives a rats ass, the crow was dead quiet until the "that's too far" chants. The difference between Owens, Rollins and Jinder is nobody wanted to change the channel when Owens or the earlier reign of Rollins was on tv and neither one got dropped by an outside star at the biggest show of the year. Jinder with the title means nothing except India.

I don't think what they're doing is stupid at all. It's opening a new door into the Indian market, which has potential to be one of their biggest. Yeah, the TV isn't as riveting as I would like it to be, but I think in the long run, the revenue and business this does for WWE as a company will be a fantastic thing.

If Jinder becoming WWE Champion really was WWE's way of trying to break into the Indian market then I agree it's a pretty misguided and yeah, somewhat stupid idea.

They could do a lot better to break into that market by recruiting a great young Indian-born talent to be and up-and-comer in WWE and then start touring to India giving him a chance to be showcased. If kayfabe is pretty strong over there then a young, hotshot babyface Indian should do well to increase fan interest in that country.

I don't think heel Jinder really gets that much heat because he isn't really that much of a heel. Before he became champ he was a jobber and no one thought he had any intensity or credibility. Then he shoots to the top and wins. Okay. But if that's the case, then I think you got to invest in him even MORE to show how intense, ruthless and cunning he is in order to sell him better as a top heel champ.

Boring "my country is better than your country" promos are not very helpful if there isn't more substance to why fans should really care.

If he's supposed to be this big, rich, cunning heel champ then he should be VERY ruthless. A bit of a combination between Million Dollar Man and Cerebral Assassin. It should be played up even more. He could (kayfabe of course) buy off the arena security, then viciously assault his challenger and when it looks like security is going to come down to stop him they just stand and watch and if any WWE wrestlers run in from the back to try and save the challenger the security will swarm them. Just ONE example but it's something BIG that should happen nearly every week RIGHT from the beginning when he won because he has SO LITTLE credibility and character before becoming champ he needs so much MORE scenarios and examples of why he should be despised.

And no, I don't think this should help Indian fans LIKE Mahal and watch WWE because of it but maybe they would tune in more because they hate how disgraceful he is making Indian people look and they want to see him get put in this place. THAT is what the job of a top heel is - to make you WANT to see them get beat.

Now, what Mahal said about Nakamura's accent is one of those grey areas. Pro wrestling promos are supposed to get a reaction out of people. That's the point. There is a line somewhere of what is over the line and what is alright, and in between there is a grey area.

I think WWE is in a tough spot because they have kind of marketed themselves as this kid/family friendly product (with discretion warnings) but they are publically traded. They are NOT going to Attitude Era tactics in terms of trying to be controversial because it's all they can do to keep winning the ratings war. They don't have to be controversial but they also don't have as strong of a following anymore so I think they just try things once in a while to see if it'll help viewership.

If they wanted to attract the Indian market, they should have had him win the US title and turn it into the Indian title much like Lance Storm did in wcw with him winning the US title and putting a Canadian sticker over it. If he loses the wwe title to Nakamura at Hell in a Cell then maybe they could do that. He can go into India in December as the "Indian champion".

Jinder gets good heat? Na, nobody gives a rats ass, the crow was dead quiet until the "that's too far" chants. The difference between Owens, Rollins and Jinder is nobody wanted to change the channel when Owens or the earlier reign of Rollins was on tv and neither one got dropped by an outside star at the biggest show of the year. Jinder with the title means nothing except India.

i tend to disagree about this because if you look at the Raw ratings during both Seth and Kevin's title reigns, they weren'T setting the world on fire either, in fact, in the case of owens title reigns, they needed Goldberg for fans to actually care about him. The fact that they paired OWens with Jericho and Jericho wasn't even able to make the fans care. As for Rollins, look at his title reigns, the only reason peoples cared about him as the champion was because he was surrounded by main event level stars. If he didn't have HHH and Kane in his corner, he would have been as interesting as Jinder is.

Again, you look at how Jinder is being booked, and compared it to Seth Rollins title reigns and Kevin owens title reigns and we got the same lame ass booking. Last year, everybody was complaining about how kevin owens was booked and how boring is title reign was. the year before that it was seth rollins that people were complaining about and the funny thing about this is that outside of the fact that Jinder use to be a jobber before winning the title and that one of the reason i read alot, every other point that as been made about Jinder'S title reigns as been made for owens and rollins.

I know it's hard to understand that, but Jinder's is doing the best he can with the lame ass booking he's getting, sure the IWC give him a hard time because of the fact that he was a job guy before, but for the rest of the fans, it's still look like it's working pretty well most of the time.

Finally, i love when somebody reply to one of my post and generalize the fact that EVERYBODY don't cares about somebody just to makes their point. How do you know that everybody don't cares about Jinder, did you go to every household around the world to ask if they cares about Jinder? Did you even conduct a poll on this very wrestling board to find out if the fans that are discussing this point care about Jinder? For both questions i'm guessing that your answer would be No, so if you don'T give a rats ass about jinder just write that you don't care about him but stop generalizing everything to make your point seem more important, it really doesn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back