• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is this the greatest promo in WWE history?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danmen001

Championship Contender
I believe its a rare promo, one of the most overlooked promos.

A Mankind promo from '97, during his feud with The Undertaker.... my god is it chilling and disturbing. Some of the stuff he says sends shivers down your spine and you can't even tell if he is acting or not.

I mean, imagine if we saw something like this on today's WWE... the kids would be terrified and the audience would be in shock.

[youtube]7iy2F_OD24o[/youtube]

Depends what you're into. That mankind promo was too long for me. Felt like it just went on and on. I find this more of my liking.

[youtube]YwCbfjK0MJM[/youtube]

Shit...

That absolutely could be the greatest promo in WWE history. You have Mick Foley, who is already an unbelievably talented speaker, using all emotions. His speech is all about his terrible life and being burned and dealing with smelling his own charred flesh. Its all a bit crazy, but it is so good.

Add in the music in the background and the mood lighting, I was hooked from the get-go.

THIS IS WHAT A PROMO SHOULD BE. Not a Roman Reigns teleprompter with no facial emotions. Not a recycled Cena "ooh I used a swear word, I'm gonna win lol" promo, but an off-script (? if that was a scripted promo God bless the writer) but a message that makes a feud something special.

Thanks for posting that, Danmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back